How can you find out past weather for a city?

Orchidflower

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I have a guy's firm cutting the lawn and shoveling in the Winter. I keep records of each time they do some work, and I am finding way too many times they are putting in charges for days I'm sure they never did any work. Is there a weather site that will give me the PRECIPITATION for each day?
I found a site called Wunderground (I think that was it?) that will give you historical weather information, but they do not give precipitation. This makes it impossible for me to rebuttal this bill as I need data as to whether it snowed that day.
Any weather buffs on here that know a good site for me to use? I don't seem to be finding one.:(

(I never had any sort of problem like this with my Houston firm ever, and I miss them. I'm positive this guy pads his bill, but I'd actually like to catch him with data. Creepy business practice but it exists.)

Wunderground does provide that information in two places that I know of. Pick your location by zip code and then go to the box close to the top on the left titled "Current Conditions" You should see a link titled "Weather History for This Location".

Weather Station History : Weather Underground

Go all the way down past the graphs and you'll see "Tabulated Data for [Date] which gives precipitation hourly. You can change the date at the top of that page.

You can also look at Personal Weather Stations from the front page. They are down near the bottom and if the "official" weather station is far away you would probably want to try and find a PWS nearer to where you live. There is a map feature showing the locations. The PWS's also have the same historical data, including hourly precipitation.

You need a game camera with motion sensor and date/time stamping. Hide it in the bushes to see when they are in your yard with photographic proof.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/t...&parentType=index&indexId=cat20098&hasJS=true

Weather.gov Go to your local weather office site and look for climate reports. It should all be there for the last month and daily reports. If you need some help, email on the contact. You might as well go to the source of the data.

Unfortunately, Leonidis, I still could not find the darn snow records despite doing all your suggestions; however, thanks for that cool camera. I'm bookmarking this for when I get my own place. I can see where that one could become pretty darn useful sometime.

Tesaje, weather.gov did give me the snow rates. Much thanks!

And I got him! I keep good records as I did in Houston--and, yes, there is nothing better than my faithful guys in Houston (God bless all those Mexican lawn services there)--but this guy IS padding his bill as I have been suspecting for some months. $20 here, $20 there...what a jerk!:mad::nonono:

Unfortunately, Leonidis, I still could not find the darn snow records despite doing all your suggestions;
Sorry about that, this is what it looks like in case you ever have the need again.

Attachments

• Weather.jpg
    Weather.jpg
    514.7 KB · Views: 3
Back
Top Bottom