How Observant are You? Test

I got 19--I got the hot dog buns, missed the matches.

Here is my favorite observant powers test. I both passed and failed :)

movie 1

I think the number of matches is the same as the number of cigarettes in a pack. I don't smoke but I've known enough people who do/did. Seems like I remember there being an equal number of matches & cigs. Makes sense, somehow, I suppose.

The test loads (a little slowly) under that link a few inches. Just go to the link in the OP, then don't click on the Joe Black link. It should come up.

thanks, the reason i did not see it is because i don't allow things to load automatically, i told firefox to display a window and i have to click on an arrow to start it. java blacked? i forget the term. for ex - when i go to youtube i have to click that arrow to see what you see when you go to youtube video link and then we'd both click that arrow to start the youtube video. i can now take the test.

scored 15, jeesh i feel stupid.

thanks, the reason i did not see it is because i don't allow things to load automatically, i told firefox to display a window and i have to click on an arrow to start it. java blacked? i forget the term. for ex - when i go to youtube i have to click that arrow to see what you see when you go to youtube video link and then we'd both click that arrow to start the youtube video. i can now take the test.

scored 15, jeesh i feel stupid.

It's Flashblock. No reason to feel stupid, I find flashblock essential, but there are times when something doesn't work, and I have to remember that it could be flashblock or Adblock Plus. I recently reported a problem to Napster only to find that the site had opened a second window behind the main window, and that because of flashblock, nothing worked on the main window.

Even with these issues, being able to avoid annoying animated ads is priceless.

I got 16. Did anyone else find the background music really annoying? I think I rushed through a few of the questions because I just wanted that sound to stop!

I think the number of matches is the same as the number of cigarettes in a pack. I don't smoke but I've known enough people who do/did. Seems like I remember there being an equal number of matches & cigs. Makes sense, somehow, I suppose.

Yea... this was one question that if I went with my first thought I would have gotten it right... but I did think about it and remembered the smokers having to burn a couple of matches a few times so I guessed 24 thinking there would have to be extras...

I got 16. Did anyone else find the background music really annoying? I think I rushed through a few of the questions because I just wanted that sound to stop!

YES>>> but then clicked on the no sound button... still, I got sound with a right or wrong answer...

There's a place on the front page of the test to turn off the music. The darn toilet question got me. Now I'm going to have to pay more attention to things that flush....

I got 19. Not too bad since about 3 of the questions are guesses for non-US residents (matches, hot dog buns, ceiling fans).

Well, it may not be the Coriolis effect, but the water still drains clockwise. Since all toilet makers I'm aware of angle the drain hole so the water runs clockwise, the answer is still correct, just not for the reason they list.
Yes, but the question and answer both said "North of the equator", and if you took that toilet to Australia, it would still go the same way.

18. There's a carousel at the mall that goes clockwise. I think....

It's Flashblock. No reason to feel stupid, I find flashblock essential, but there are times when something doesn't work, and I have to remember that it could be flashblock or Adblock Plus. I recently reported a problem to Napster only to find that the site had opened a second window behind the main window, and that because of flashblock, nothing worked on the main window.

Even with these issues, being able to avoid annoying animated ads is priceless.

flashblock! that's the name, thanks al. the thing is i saw the arrow to click on but i assumed it was an ad so i ignored it. flashblock is great, all that annoying garbage that normally plays and distracts you now doesn't happen.

i missed 5 or 6 i should have gotten that's why i was so disgusted with my score. up to the end i had virtually every answer correct. :(

That was interesting! I got 18 but some were wild *ss guesses. Others I should have gotten, but I didn't. Some I could have sworn I still had the answer right.:rolleyes:

17, but it wasn't a very good test. Even though I got the fan rotation right (50-50 chance - big deal!), it was just weird to give the reference (as you face it), in the answer, not in the question. Maybe I used the wrong ref for the merry-go-round (I got that one wrong).

The one about the FM band is stated oddly. What is the lowest whole number?, Well the band goes down to 87.8, the center frequency of the lowest channel is 87.9 - the choices were 87, 88, 89 so I said 87. Why is 88 correct? Should they have said round number?

What is a Whole Number?

I
f you have a number like 21.32, it has a whole number portion (21). But in itself, this number is not a whole number because it contains a fraction (.32)

So, 87 is the whole number portion of 87.8. And there is no 88.0, they are all odd numbers. So by that definition, there are no whole numbers on the dial.

And venetian blind cords? I was able to set mine to either side pull. I don't play cards, missed that one.

But the average is 7 :confused: C'mon.

-ERD50

I got matches wrong too. Oddly, there are eight hot dog buns in a pack (but I bought a pack of sausage rolls for dinner tonight, so I knew that), but 6 hot dogs in a pack. Whas' up wid 'dat?

-ERD50

I got matches wrong too. Oddly, there are eight hot dog buns in a pack (but I bought a pack of sausage rolls for dinner tonight, so I knew that), but 6 hot dogs in a pack. Whas' up wid 'dat?

-ERD50

You buying those expensive bourgeoisie hot dogs, ERD50? the LBYM weiners come ten to a pack...

You buying those expensive bourgeoisie hot dogs, ERD50? the LBYM weiners come ten to a pack...

heh-heh - I remembered they weren't matched, but I see I got the numbers wrong. I googled it and found that the history on this is that butchers sell by the pound. So typically 10 dogs to a pack, but sometimes 8, and sausages may commonly be 8 or 6 to the pound. And (despite what I wrote), rolls tend to come in ratios that are a factor of a dozen.

One source claimed that was all about how you can pack different size products on the same baking sheets. If you do 10 of something, it only 'packs' in a 1x10 line, or a 2x5 array. No other options. But 12 of something allows you to arrange in 1x12, 2x6, or 3x4. I don't think that makes any difference to big bakeries, just make 120 (or 120,000) and package for sale any way you want. Some do (they say there are regional preferences), but mostly just historical hold over. Unless those explanations were all just BS!

-ERD50

-ERD50

What kind of hot dogs are you buying:confused: We get 10 in a pack... or you get two packs of 5 if you buy one brand..

Now, the bigger ones come 8 to a pack... I think bun length are also 8, but I could be wrong...

but I have never seen 6 to a pack...

OK... saw that you alread got called on this.... but I still wanted to leave my post :)

Guess I'm the Village Idiot here having the lowest score. Somebody isn't observant obviously...:whistle: Oh well, can't be good at everything..:LOL:

15 for me. If I can get 15 then it's hard to believe the average is only 7:confused:

Back
Top Bottom