I'm all stuffed up!

Rich_in_Tampa said:
...old aspirin just makes you smell like a kosher pickle.

At long last, I've finally discovered the source. And to think of the money I've wasted on industrial strength Right Guard.

I am constantly amazed at the breadth and depth of knowledge one can absorb by reading this forum…

REWahoo! said:
"...old aspirin just makes you smell like a kosher pickle."

At long last, I've finally discovered the source. And to think of the money I've wasted on industrial strength Right Guard.

I am constantly amazed at the breadth and depth of knowledge one can absorb by reading this forum

Here to serve, my friend ;).

Well, if you'd taken all the advice, here, you'd probably have overdosed by now, but.... I take Theraflu or another of those hot cold and flu drinks and it helps me a lot. You have to drink plenty of water though, or it will dehydrate you.
Hope you feel better Martha.

Martha, I feel for you baby. But come Friday, I'm gonna have a different kind of stuffyness. Like something stuffed up my a$$. :'( Yup, a colonoscopy. Just picked up the gallon jug of crap I have to drink tomorrow. Tonight will be last decent meal for awhile. So as you can see Martha, things could be worse. :(

Rich, tell me I won't feel a thing. :p

Ooh, sorry about the colonoscopy. Dad had one last week. The gallon jug was THE WORST part of the whole thing. For goodness sakes, make sure it is as cold as possible. And don't plan on doing, well, anything else for the duration. And lots of tp!
Sarah

DOG52 said:
Martha, I feel for you baby. But come Friday, I'm gonna have a different kind of stuffyness. Like something stuffed up my a$$. :'( Yup, a colonoscopy. Just picked up the gallon jug of crap I have to drink tomorrow. Tonight will be last decent meal for awhile. So as you can see Martha, things could be worse. :(

Rich, tell me I won't feel a thing. :p

You won't feel a thing.

And, you'll love the GoLytely.

And, it will be very reasonably priced.

Still, you are doing the right thing. BTDT, and everyone in the room knew me. :-[

Rich_in_Tampa said:
You won't feel a thing.

And, it will be very reasonably priced.

Still, you are doing the right thing. BTDT, and everyone in the room knew me. :-[

For some reason, I don't believe you. :(

DOG52 said:

Would you have been happier if he had made comments about freight trains, badgers, etc.?

Listen to the good doctor.

I've only had two colds in my life. The first, when I was a teenager. The second, a month after I started my immuno-suppression drugs for my transplant in '96. The second cold lasted 90 days! Haven't had one since and it's been 10 years. The transplant Dr. warned me that I'd get sick more often now that I had a transplant because of the meds. I told him I never get sick. His words: Those days are over!

Mike D.

tell me I won't feel a thing.

I hear it's not nearly as bad as you expect -- just be sure to tell the Dr. if you taste metal.

Martha -- I agree with whoever said you should be sure to rest. I used to fight colds -- they always won. Now I surrender right away in the belief that the germs will go easier on me if I do.

Take a nice, hot shower, retire to bed with your medication of choice, the chicken soup, a good, easy read, and the TV remote, and stay there until you're better.

Hope that's soon,
Caroline

Dog ... you won't feel a thing. Worst part is the prep.

Absolutely, the starvation, the "crappy" liquid, some mag citrate for killer heartburn, and the dashes to the toilet. The actual procedure is a piece of cake...

How in the world did this thread go from head colds to colonoscopies:confused: :confused: :eek:

Chicken soup--or a relative like wonton or hot & sour soup--makes me feel a bit better when I have a cold. And homemade applesauce. Long, hot showers are soothing--I'd use a sauna if I had one. Sweating feels good when I'm stuffy. I like to be both pampered and left alone with a cold, if that makes sense. I like DH to offer me tea or ginger ale or next dose of meds every couple of hours, and maybe fluff my pillows, but otherwise be left in peace, alone with some chick flicks or a good (but nontaxing) read. The good part is not having to go to work sick!

Feel better soon, Martha!

Martha,

I hope you are feeling better soon.

2Cor521

Martha,

Try taking 2 capsules of echinacea with goldenseal every 4 hours along with heavy doses of vitamin C. Your friendly vitamin store will have what you need.

2soon

DOG52 said:

Actually, he's right. I closed me eyes for a second and next thing I knew, it was over. I was a bit annoyed cause I told the the doc that I wanted to remain a wake during the procedure. Didn't want strangers messing with my a$$ while I was out. Although the doctor advised against it, I even rode my bike about 10 miles back home.

Martha said:
. . . Anyway, I know that there is no cure. But anyone have any tips on making yourself feel a bit better? My bones hurt. My sinuses hurt. I am coughing. I won't tell you much about my nose, but it isn't pleasant. Poor me.
Spend most of your time in bed. Rest. :)

I clicked on my favorites link to bring me here...I had an incredible sneeze hit.
I clicked on Show unread posts since last visit...still sneezing gawd. Then I
see it...your post "I'm all stuffed up". I laugh profusely.

Join the club :D

cube_rat said:
How in the world did this thread go from head colds to colonoscopies:confused: :confused: :eek:

They both start with "col"?

C'mon, we have had much weirder non-sequiturs here.

brewer12345 said:
They both start with "col"?

C'mon, we have had much weirder non-sequiturs here.
So we can use this thread to jump right into:

COL - cost of living
Columbia
Colorado
colleges
collection agencies
. . .

:)

Rich_in_Tampa said:

Well it's almost time to go home and have a nice cold glass of GoLytely. :) I'm gonna pretend it is a new lite beer. I can't wait to get home. It's gonna be the best drink ever........best drink ever..........best drink ever.........best drink ever.......... :dead:

DOG52 said:
Well it's almost time to go home and have a nice cold glass of GoLytely. :) I'm gonna pretend it is a new lite beer. I can't wait to get home. It's gonna be the best drink ever........best drink ever..........best drink ever.........best drink ever.......... :dead:

"GoLytely": Isn't that the example used in Webster's Dictionary when you look up the definition of "oxymoron"?

DOG52 said:

Two words: Crystal Light

Back
Top Bottom