Junk Mail: Be Careful What You Throw Out!

BOBOT

Recycles dryer sheets
A couple of weeks ago I was strolling back from the mailbox sorting through the usual pile of cr*p, when I noticed a return address from the Federal Dept of Transportation. It was a bulk mailing, so I nearly tossed it, but was curious why they would be sending me anything. So I opened it, and enclosed with a letter was....five bucks! Cash! A Lincoln, nice & crisp!

Turns out they're doing some sort of survey, & this was meant to soften me up for a phone call to come later. When the call came I was up to my tuchas in tile grout so I politely begged off; don;t know if they'll try again.

This strikes me as an outrageous waste of money, especially as much of the money probably gets buried in the landfill. But hey - for me it was lunch!:D

I got sent a dollar last time. It just ticked me off more. A whole stinken dollar..

I once almost threw away a $30 rebate check because it came on a post card, for some reason I stopped to read it.

I got what i thought was a life insurance advertisement some years ago and i almost threw it out,good thing i didnt as it was an $800 reimbercement cheque for 20yrs of overpayments.:D

Back
Top Bottom