Ladies...rules of thumb?

If you just date, rather than look for another (partial?) life partner, you don't have to care what her finances look like. It's her domain.

In my limited experience anyway, attractive women are pretty good at pulling a fresh rabbit out of the hat whenever they need a new rabbit.

I'm pretty happy with my old rabbit. ;)

In my limited experience anyway, attractive women are pretty good at pulling a fresh rabbit out of the hat whenever they need a new rabbit.

I hereby nominate this line as the understatement of the year.

Yeah....and have you taken a look at some of those 'fresh rabbits'?!?!? They may strike you as OK from a distance but they're not necessarily so wonderful up close.

Personally, I'd rather have a great relationship with the 'same old rabbit'. :dance:(IOW, a long-term relationship with someone. I'm not into 'old' rabbits. LOL).

omni

Is this turning into another "rent vs. buy" thread?
confused.gif

If you just date, rather than look for another (partial?) life partner, you don't have to care what her finances look like. It's her domain.

Ah...I just HAVE to comment on this one.

I spent [-]wasted actually[/-] 4.5 years with ex-dh2b. The biggest problem between us ? MONEY. Yes, my friends, the almighty dollar.
We kept our finances separate except for a joint bill paying account, which was supposed to be limited to essentials, like utilities, insurance, food, gas.
He liked to spend, I am a saver and a delayed gratification cheapskate. It really did get in the way when you have a person who lives to spend on the latest toys (him) versus a person who asks "why do we need that?" (me). The whole money issue became the "moose head on the table", an expression I learned from a very smart man.
Moral of the story? Look very closely at a potential mate's views on what is needed versus what is wanted.
BTDT :cool:

We kept our finances separate except for a joint bill paying account, which was supposed to be limited to essentials, like utilities, insurance, food, gas.
He liked to spend, I am a saver and a delayed gratification cheapskate. It really did get in the way when you have a person who lives to spend on the latest toys (him) versus a person who asks "why do we need that?" (me).

Wow, good thing you kept your finances separate! That could have been disaster. :eek:

Ah...I just HAVE to comment on this one.

I spent [-]wasted actually[/-] 4.5 years with ex-dh2b. The biggest problem between us ? MONEY. Yes, my friends, the almighty dollar.
He liked to spend, I am a saver and a delayed gratification cheapskate. It really did get in the way when you have a person who lives to spend on the latest toys (him) versus a person who asks "why do we need that?" (me). The whole money issue became the "moose head on the table", an expression I learned from a very smart man.
Moral of the story? Look very closely at a potential mate's views on what is needed versus what is wanted.

+1 (ex-BF of 16.5 years)

I always keep my Rabbit fresh and ready to go. :cool:

Haha, you left me an opening I could drive a tractor trailer through.

Haha, you left me an opening I could drive a tractor trailer through.
Not a very difficult thing to do. :)

Actually, when I first wrote that I was thinking of a magician and pulling a rabbit out of a hat. As soon as I saw it in print, I realized that there was a cute double meaning which I decided to leave in place.

Ha

Not a very difficult thing to do. :)

Actually, when I first wrote that I was thinking of a magician and pulling a rabbit out of a hat. As soon as I saw it in print, I realized that there was a cute double meaning which I decided to leave in place.

Ha
Please take note of my avatar. He requires no batteries. No small tickling parts. ;)

I should stay up late more often. This is FUN! :ROFLMAO:

Your serve...

SecondCor521 posted this video to show how it went (jump to 0:55):

That is a fun clip I may have to check out the movie.

Question for the ladies. How many of you would have accepted the tall dark handsome Spaniard (I think he qualifies) offer, like Scarlett Johansson did? Assume that you were single and if helps younger. If your crazy friend accept how many of you would have been the dutiful friend and gone with her like Penelope?

Actually, Penelope Cruz played the ex-wife who tried to kill him.
She was onscreen in at least one of the clips, and the relationship is clear. For me she is much more intersting than either of the other two.

Ha

A lesson I learned the hard way too. But things can be relative - my ex would appreciate the irony that when DW and I moved to WV I was the one ready to write a five-figure check for new furniture and DW was the one who balked.

I didn't press the issue though, because another lesson learned is that unless both are completely in agreement on major expenses (i.e., opportunity costs) then don't do it if one values the relationship. If one does anyway the message then becomes "I don't care what you think, I'm going to do it anyway".

Back
Top Bottom