I just do it to taste:

ripe mangos
good tomatoes
some jalapeno
lime juice
salt
cilantro
a dusting of cumin, maybe

Play with it until the taste is right. But usually start with roughly equal amounts of tomato and mango.

2 mangoes (peeled, chopped)
1 cucumber (peeled, seeded, and diced)
1 tomato (chopped)
juice of 1 lime
1 small chile pepper, minced (more/less depending on heat you want)
1 tbsp (more if you like it) of chopped fresh cilantro
salt to taste

Mix all together. Let it sit for at least 15 minutes (or longer) to allow flavors to blend before serving.

Enjoy!

1 large mango coarsely chopped
2 sliced green onions
1 teaspoon finely chopped jalapeno, seeded and ribs removed if you dont like it hot
Juice from one lime
1-2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
Pinch of salt

To cut the mango, slice a little off the bottom to make it flat, then stick a fork or large corn on the cob holder into the top and set it on the cutting board with the flat spot down. Slice off the peel then slice off chunks as close to the pit as you can get.

Lay the slices down and fork 'em again, and cut into dice.

Or buy a bag of frozen mango chunks at trader joes.

While you have the mangoes out, make a mango lassi. Mix equal amounts of Kerns mango juice and Brown Cow yogurt (accept no substitutes), then add several chunks of frozen mango. Whirl in the blender and pour into glasses. Top with a pinch of ground cardamom if you have it.

Nice for putting out the fire in hot spicy foods.

And, while you're at it... Mango martinis!

Ice
7 ounces vodka
1- ounce vermouth
1/2 cup mango puree
Blueberries for garnish

To a martini pitcher add ice, vodka, vermouth, mango puree - stir. Strain into martini glasses. Garnish with blueberries.

Recipe courtesy Bobby Flay
Show: Hot Off the Grill with Bobby Flay
Episode: Martinis and a Grill

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,1977,FOOD_9936_225,00.html

The recipes are good, but I like mine with a bit of diced red onion (sans tomatoes and cuke) and a little vegetable oil to bind it up. Had it this past Saturday with some grilled fresh halibut dusted in chile lime powder, made into fish tacos. Washed down with cranberry margaritas. Sabroso!

mickeyd said:
I am in need of a good mango salsa recipe for an upcoming event. Any suggestions?
Why in the world would anyone want to mess up a good mango salsa with salsa mango?!?

Back
Top Bottom