Meeting a celebrity...

I hung around with this actor for quite a while over the holidays. I even got a present in the mail from him just a couple of days ago. Both of his kids are enchanting. His son, despite being "too young for it", is quite the little quad copter pilot.
Here's my post from the other thread... Apparently before Life in Pieces

I'm pretty friendly with one of the Captains on Wicked Tuna. Does that count?

I saw Tiny Tim once, at Toronto Airport circa 1968.

He spoke to me......said "Get out of my way"....(naah, made that last part up.)
I saw Tiny Tim sitting at the end of a bar. It was a pretty sad scene.

I saw Tiny Tim sitting at the end of a bar. It was a pretty sad scene.

Johnny Carson gave him his fleeting moment of fame...no way it wouldn't have been short lived.

Ran into Muhammad Ali once when we were both checking into a hotel at the same time. He was already suffering from Parkinson's disease (this was in the 80s) and looked exhausted. Had about 3 or 4 aides helping him. I felt sorry for the guy and moved away so they could get him checked in first.

My mother ran into him in a high end hotel gift shop in Miami back in the 70s.... they chatted for a minute.... she said that we was very nice and gracious... not easy to impress my Mom.

When we were at President's Cup in Montreal many years ago Tiger Wood's second shot on a par 5 landed near my feet. The monitor moved us back a little and said that Tiger would decide if we needed to move back more when he got there. He was leading his match so he was in a pretty good mood. There was a tall gentleman standing behind me and the shadow from his head was close to Tiger's ball and the man was moving his head a little... Tiger stomped near his ball and playfully said loudly "stop it!" with a smile and we all had a laugh about it. I was standing about 10 feet away when he hit his chip shot.

A few years ago at the Farmer's Insurance Open at Torrey Pines I was coming around a corner and found myself face-to-face with Dustin Johnson.. we both stopped abruptly to avoid coliding.. I said "Sorry Dustin" and then just stepped aside and let him pass.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom