Must Have Junk Food

Moemg

Gone but not forgotten
What is the one junk food you love ? For me it is Sour Cream & onion potato chips . I really don't like cookies,cakes,ice cream or candy but leave a bag of Sour Cream Chips in my house and they are history . So what is the one junk food you can not resist ?

It depends on my mood, the season, etc...

Mostly chips (my favorite snack), chocolate (only in the winter) and ice cream (only in the summer). I also have cravings for cookies and candies but those are rare.

Unfortunately I have had to cut most junk food out of my diet because I have to eat low fat. I ate at Mc Donalds a few weeks ago (first time I ate fast food in 4 years) and it was so rich it almost made me sick.

Only one allowed? :(
Pizza
Reese's Peanut Butter cups, frozen

No ,you can have several !

Heeheeheee...now where was I ? :cool:

Pizza
Chocolate
Reese's Peanut Butter cups, frozen
Homemade lemon gelato with real Limoncello from Capri (fresh made 2 days ago)
Vanilla ice cream with my own toppings
Plain pretzels with squeeze cheddar cheese

People consider pizza to be junk food? I thought pizza was the one food I eat that's not junk food. Other than ~6 pizzas a week, I also eat 40+ cookies, miniature Reeses peanut butter cups(12 oz bag), and ~ 8 nutty bars. Those foods make up approx. 50% of my food intake.

Pretzels and very high end extra dark chocolate. Will eat the rest but can happily pass on it as well.

Goes without saying that liquid bread does not go into the junk food category for me.

Colossal cashews with lots of salt on them and chased down with cheap Bourbon/Whisky (Early Times or Evan Williams)

Caramels and chewy chocolate taffy things. A caramel apple dipped in dark chocolate in the house is cause for great celebration.

Are hash browns considered junk food?

Caramels and chewy chocolate taffy things. A caramel apple dipped in dark chocolate in the house is cause for great celebration.

Are hash browns considered junk food?

Werther's Chewy Carmamels are my constant companion. In my Eagle Creek satchel along with all the other necessities of life.

Colossal cashews with lots of salt on them and chased down with cheap Bourbon/Whisky (Early Times or Evan Williams)

Someone with more knowledge than me should jump in here but I'm calling foul on this one. I think that's a pretty healty snack.

Judges?

Pretzels and very high end extra dark chocolate. Will eat the rest but can happily pass on it as well.

Goes without saying that liquid bread does not go into the junk food category for me.

I love the thick sturgis pretzels but I stopped eating them when I found out one pretzel was a serving .

Someone with more knowledge than me should jump in here but I'm calling foul on this one. I think that's a pretty healty snack.

Judges?

No ,that counts but carrot sticks are a no no. No matter what you dip them in .

No ,that counts but carrot sticks are a no no. No matter what you dip them in .

Oh cool!!

I really love breaded deep fried veggies with malt vinegar but I always felt that they were really just another form of junk food. But now that you've examined the issue and pronounced carrots not junk food under any circumstance, I think it's safe to extrapolate this veggie theme to include onion rings, deep fried mushrooms and my all time fave tempura style artichoke hearts with Parmesan cheese (from a green can) sprinkled on top.

Off to the store :greetings10:

Popcorn, definitely popcorn. I eat it so often DH can spot the (I am about to beg for popcorn) face I make before asking him to make me some. At least its air popped (and yet still topped with real butter and salt) now, used to do the nasty microwave stuff though the best is butter popped on the stove, yum.

Other than popcorn, it depends on the season, day and mood. I can develop cravings for any type of junk food on a temporary basis.

Oh cool!!

I really love breaded deep fried veggies with malt vinegar but I always felt that they were really just another form of junk food. But now that you've examined the issue and pronounced carrots not junk food under any circumstance, I think it's safe to extrapolate this veggie theme to include onion rings, deep fried mushrooms and my all time fave tempura style artichoke hearts with Parmesan cheese (from a green can) sprinkled on top.

Off to the store :greetings10:

You are correct . They are not junk food . Junk food has no food merit . Fried veggies are still veggies just embellished .

Back
Top Bottom