My FOUR hours with the "window guy"......:(

Back some years (decades) ago, my 1st DW thought that it would be a good idea to have a person explaining about encyclopedias over, as the ad specifically stated, "No Salesperson Will Call." They kept their word, too; they sent a 'REPRESENTATIVE'. And kept sending. And kept sending. The guy would literally hide in our bushes in the front of the house, and, when I opened the front door coming home from work, would leap out and try to force his way inside, to continue making his pitch,yelling about SAVINGS and DISCOUNTS, etc.

That cured my 1st DW of accepting 'no salesperson will call' come-ons. Too bad it didn't cure her compulsive over-spending and needs to 'control.' Ah, well....

Even if your energy bills were $1,000/month, and you indeed saved 40%, it would take you 42 years to recoup your investment.

We went through a similar presentation in 1980 to get a free light timer. The guy had a set script which included "Don't you agree?" as each page was turned. Soon we were saying it with him.

:confused:

I'm getting 2 1/4 years. Using your unrealistic numbers. Did you mean $1000/year? Or am I having a mathattack again?

Windows with krypton gas! Won't that destroy your super powers?

I'd go with the dilithion crystal windows myself - much better energy quotient....

Yeah but, they can be a bit of a maintenance PITA, what with the constant sensor recalibrations and Jeffries Tubes crawling required.

Now Windows full of features not bugs, them is worth looking at/through! :D

I'm getting 2 1/4 years. Using your unrealistic numbers. Did you mean $1000/year? Or am I having a mathattack again?

There are three kinds of numbers; LIES, DAMN LIES, and STATISTICS.........:whistle:

Even if your energy bills were $1,000/month, and you indeed saved 40%, it would take you 42 years to recoup your investment.

Yes, I mixed up months and years in my calculations. What's wrong with me?

I'll try to make it right. Let's say you spend $300 a month on heating and cooling, and you save 40% with the new windows. You'd save $120/month. At $17,000 for the windows, your payback period would be 11.8 years, not figuring in lost investment opportunity.

----------------------

Did you hear about the guy who's quintuply hung? His pants fit him like a glove.

OK, enough with the window jokes. Next thing you know FD will be claiming he's double hung...

Did you hear bout Stacy brown (no we didn't but we'd like to)
He had every chick in town (no he didn't but he tried to)
He had looks he had class do anything to get a little lass
And everyone would shout at him when he walks his girlies past
They said everybody got one (everybody got one)
Everybody got one (everybody got one)

Everybody got one (everybody got one)
Stacy brown got two (oooh)

Shel Silverstein

We've had a few windows replaced, one at a time. When we were looking into getting the first one done, a large picture window with casements on the ends, I had a few companies come out for estimates. One of the bigger companies sent a salesman and he would not give me a price on only one window, he insisted that he had to measure the entire house of windows and then give me a price for the entire job. What a jerk! I was very clear that I was only replacing the one window. He was correct that all of them need to be replaced but I knew that we were doing one at a time.

When salespeople come to the door, I always say that yes, we know we should replace the windows/roof/siding but that we have a kid in college, so everything is on hold. Now, what will I say when he graduates? I guess I'll have to learn to lie.

BTW, we have ARGON between the panes of glass.

When salespeople come to the door, I always say that yes, we know we should replace the windows/roof/siding but that we have a kid in college, so everything is on hold. Now, what will I say when he graduates? I guess I'll have to learn to lie.
I don't open the door.....

I don't open the door.....
I rarely get visitors out here in East Nowhere. If I do, and they are not expected, I also do not answer the door.
First reason is safety.
Second reason is my basic feeling about unannounced visitors on my private property...GET LOST! :LOL:
I'm just as bad with the telephone. I tell all my friends to make sure they leave a message and say who it is, because I screen all calls. Just got sick of baloney over the telephoney :mad: for so many years.

Replacing a window is 4 screws and a tube of caulk. Did 17 in our house at $250/window. Included smoked glass in the bathroom. The heat savings was nice but what really helped was how quiet it became in the house (can't here cars in the street).

If you own a cordless srew driver it's a 1 man job.

Replacing a window is 4 screws and a tube of caulk. Did 17 in our house at $250/window. Included smoked glass in the bathroom. The heat savings was nice but what really helped was how quiet it became in the house (can't here cars in the street).

If you own a cordless srew driver it's a 1 man job.

$62.50 / screw. Not bad....:D

I think a lot of girls get more.:)

Just read an article that the Nevada state govt is looking for a way to raise money, so they want to put a $5 tax on any "acts" performed in Nevada. I can see the comments now:

"Didya hear there's a tax on screwing"?

"Now the state needs hookers to get us out of this budget mess, which I hear is pretty screwed up"........

"Boy, are we getting screwed by taxes"..........:LOL::LOL:

Back
Top Bottom