My Nasty Day............

FinanceDude

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
January 24th, 2008:

1)I get a call from school, my youngest son is sick and they want me to go get him. DW is at an out-of-town work meeting so I have to go. So I quickly re-schedule my day and take off.

2)On the way into the school, I slip on a puddle of water at the entrance and go down hard. Some 4th graders are there and start laughing............:p

3)I get up and go into the health room, still in pain. The nurse informs me his temperature is 99.4 degrees! :eek: I ask what other things they noticed, and she said nothing, he just said he was hot. Where was he? At gym class! Um.......wouldn't you WANT a child to get a little warm at gym class...........isn't it called exercise?

4)NO other physical signs of sickness, but I ended up taking him home, swearing under my breath........

5)When I got home, I decided to run the dishwasher. Upom turning it on, it made a horrible noise and quit. I called the repair guy, and was lucky he was able to come out last night. However, after taking the whole thing apart, he discovered he didn't have the right part to fix it. So he put the front of it back on and left it broken........:(

6)While home, DW calls, she slid off the road and got stuck in a ditch. So even though my side and back are hurting,I go to help. Another guy stopped, and we were able to get her out with a little muscle. Keep in mind it's about 6 degrees out.

7)At 10:00 last night, I heard a big CRASH!! outside. I go out, and a huge chunk of ice slid off the roof and hit my furnace outlet pipe, snapping off the top half of it...........:eek:

Wonder what today will bring?? :D:D

Go back to bed.

PS. I know those days. Hope today is better.

Sounds like all of your bad luck came yesterday...hope you have nothing but good luck today.

"Sometimes you get the honey, and sometimes all you get is the stang." – Delbert McClinton

Glad nothing too serious came out of all that stuff. Here's to a better tomorrow.

I didn't think it was possible to have that much bad happen in one day. You need to spread that stuff out ;)

Today is better, I found out no bruised tailbone, just a couple bruises.........:)

Today is better, I found out no bruised tailbone, just a couple bruises.........:)

Glad to hear it. I"m really sorry about your awful day! :( Hopefully you got all of that bad luck out of your system and the rest of the year will be smooth sailing for FD. ;)

There are more than a few people around here who would consider falling on school property as equivalent to a winning ticket when combined with an attorney's phone number.

I believe that. However, I am one of those that feels that unless I was hurt enough to warrant missing work, etc, I am not a sue-happy person.

Look on the bright side. You could have had a serious car accident taking your son home from school.
grin.gif

You think YOUR day was bad.... welllllll... let me tell you about MINE...

Ahhhh... well, ahhhhh.... hmmmmm.... OK.. your day was crap and mine wasn't....

Sorry to hear about it... but as they say, if it doesn't kill ya, it only makes you stronger...

Or another one.... life is tough and then you die.... (well, that is not as good when you write it down)....

Good luck today and the rest of the year...

but as they say, if it doesn't kill ya, it only makes you stronger...

I've often wondered about this -- does it follow that what doesn't make me stronger... kills me? :dead:

The suspense is killing me. What was wrong with the dishwasher? There was a recent thread asking for recommendations on a new dishwasher.

yikes, what a day. think of it as the bottom of the recession. it can only get better from there.

I believe that. However, I am one of those that feels that unless I was hurt enough to warrant missing work, etc, I am not a sue-happy person.

i had a similar potential suit. i was biking down state road a1a on the sidewalk (legal to bike there) when i came across a newly poured area of concrete sidewalk. my bike (slick road tires but in excellent condition) took such a slide that it turned around while i was on it before i fell. i only figured that out after i fell because the wrong side of me was scraped & bleeding based upon the direction i was going.

i looked at the sidewalk and i was furious. they'd poured the concrete too wet and never bothered to brush the surface. seriously as slick as ice.

my first thought was not to sue but to stop the next person from breaking their neck. i called the city police and turns out the guy they dispatched was the head of the police bike brigade. his comment: "this would be a great spot to teach my officers how to fall."

by the next day the city had replaced the sidewalk with a properly poured one and i let the incident, um, slide.

Did it turn out that your son really was sick?

Last edited:
January 24th, 2008:

1)I get a call from school, my youngest son is sick and they want me to go get him. DW is at an out-of-town work meeting so I have to go. So I quickly re-schedule my day and take off.

2)On the way into the school, I slip on a puddle of water at the entrance and go down hard. Some 4th graders are there and start laughing............:p

3)I get up and go into the health room, still in pain. The nurse informs me his temperature is 99.4 degrees! :eek: I ask what other things they noticed, and she said nothing, he just said he was hot. Where was he? At gym class! Um.......wouldn't you WANT a child to get a little warm at gym class...........isn't it called exercise?

4)NO other physical signs of sickness, but I ended up taking him home, swearing under my breath........

5)When I got home, I decided to run the dishwasher. Upom turning it on, it made a horrible noise and quit. I called the repair guy, and was lucky he was able to come out last night. However, after taking the whole thing apart, he discovered he didn't have the right part to fix it. So he put the front of it back on and left it broken........:(

6)While home, DW calls, she slid off the road and got stuck in a ditch. So even though my side and back are hurting,I go to help. Another guy stopped, and we were able to get her out with a little muscle. Keep in mind it's about 6 degrees out.

7)At 10:00 last night, I heard a big CRASH!! outside. I go out, and a huge chunk of ice slid off the roof and hit my furnace outlet pipe, snapping off the top half of it...........:eek:

Wonder what today will bring?? :D:D
Hope you didn't make any financial investments yesterday! ;)

Did it turn out that your son really was sick?

No..........just gym class elevating his internal temperature..........:p

Even his pediatrician was floored when I called him and asked for an opinion...............

Back
Top Bottom