Need some computer advice

I've been led to believe that non-superfluous babble is distinguished from superfluous babble by the absence of superflui. Then again, that might be incoherent prattle. :cool:

I've been led to believe that non-superfluous babble is distinguished from superfluous babble by the absence of superflui. Then again, that might be incoherent prattle. :cool:

Or, specific to most of my posts, incomprehensible blather.

I depend on ZoneAlarm Security Suite (paid for the upgrade after trying to juggle it and free antivirus programs for years) which is an excellent firewall (better than Microsoft's) and has Kaparsky antivirus built-in. They have a free version of the firewall: Free Firewall by ZoneAlarm

and SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware.com | Remove Malware | Remove Spyware - AntiMalware, AntiSpyware, AntiAdware! that found and killed a particularly well-hidden malware program on my personal machine hiding in another program of dubious heritage that other software couldn't find/touch (it probably de-activated them). They also have a free version (see above) but I bought the perpetual update as they gave me a deal.

I also use FireFox and keep it updated and don't use IE unless forced. (Love the pop-up blockers, too!)

I also use AdAware, Spybot Search and Destroy and SpywareBlaster (Google for details) and keep them updated.

I also have a hard-wired router (I do not trust wireless) that provides a level of hardware firewall protection AND I turn the machines off when not in use.

So, even with an undisciplined son and computer illiterate DD and DW (we do have rules for websites and e-mail though), the only problem we have ever had was that one malware (my fault), and it did no damage that I can determine.

Back
Top Bottom