Join Early Retirement Today
Old 11-08-2007, 09:16 AM   #41
Full time employment: Posting here.
Thank God for Casanova....I am so glad that I have him and it does make it easier to deal with the grief because I still have to take care of him. I will be changing my schedule around a bit in the evenings so I can come home and spend time with him to help him adjust. I bought him new toys last night because I had to throw everything away....he just loves to play.
It's interesting to see the dynamics change with him and I since Romeo is no longer there. It would usually take both of them jumping and meowing to wake me up in the morning so I could feed them. Casanova bit my cheek yesterday since the meowing was not working fast enough for him!

citrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 Early Retirement and Financial Independence Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you planning to be financially independent as early as possible so you can live life on your own terms? Discuss successful investing strategies, asset allocation models, tax strategies and other related topics in our online forum community. Our members range from young folks just starting their journey to financial independence, military retirees and even multimillionaires. No matter where you fit in you'll find that is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with our members, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create a retirement blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-19-2007, 07:45 PM   #42
Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Citrine, I wish I had seen this post sooner. I had a kitty die at a year old of FIP. His name was Bo Jackson after the baseball player, and he was the cutest fluffy tailed gray/brown striped tabby.
He had all the symptoms, so I took him to the Vet having no idea what it was. The Vet tested him and just put him to sleep. No phone call or anything. Then I called them at the time they said for me to, and they told me they had put him down.
I started asking them what FIP was and--and this I have never done before or since in my life--in midsentence broke into heaving sobs! I couldn't stop, which was embarrassing with the Dr.'s assistant holding onto the phone talking to me. My heart was broken, and I sobbed on and off for 3 days. I couldn't help myself. I felt so sorry for this little thing that didn't even get to live his life out. Life is not fair!
So, I have been thru the FIP thing. I don't want to go thru that ever again, although it won't stop me from getting another kitty as I enjoy them so.
My sincerest sympathy for you on your loss as I know it is hard to go thru. Time heals the heart..but you won't forget this, I'm sure.

Orchidflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 07:47 PM   #43
Moderator Emeritus
For goodness sakes, I wouldn't see that vet again. They should have had you come in, speak to you personally, and allow you your goodbyes.

No more lawyer stuff, no more political stuff, so no more CYA

Martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 09:47 AM   #44
Full time employment: Posting here.
Orchidflower.....thank you.
And I agree with Martha....what a sucky vet.....they should have called you to let you know and then helped you make the decision. Thank god I have two really great vets in different practices....I lucked out with that.

citrine is offline   Reply With Quote