New ring around Uranus is blue, scientists find

This is such old news. Haven't you heard the song, "Blue Moon".

Come on, let's have some wit here ....

Maddy the Turbo Beagle said:

Very interesting! I watched NOVA the other night (at 3am :mad:) and it was about the Cassini mission to Saturn's moon, Titan. It was discovered that Saturn's rings are bunch of ice rocks moving and colliding into one another at high velocity. I will have to say that the results from the camera launched from Cassini to Titan's surface was a tad disappointing. It seems that Titan is a moon teeming with methane gas. :p

The blue ring around uranus is caused by producing green waste.

C'mon guys, 20 minutes and no bathroom jokes?  Am I the only one with a 12-year-old's sense of humor?

TromboneAl said:
The blue ring around uranus is caused by producing green waste.

C'mon guys, 20 minutes and no bathroom jokes? Am I the only one with a 12-year-old's sense of humor?

Ring around Ur Anus! There I said it :-X

I clicked on this thread just to be entertained, Cube you were the only one that stepped up.

OK. so serious question....I have an oak tree in my yard that is about 14 inches in diameter and 50 feet high. Tall and narrow because of another bigger oak close to it . Has a natural bend toward the house and it needs to come down now. So in addition to hooking a small truck and a rope to provide a directional bias for the fall, how do I cut the base of the tree? Notch it where? Cut it through where?

I'm disappointed, too. If I had more caffiene I might come up with...um....

Edit: See, I haven't had enough caffiene...the pic I attached only turns the water blue while you're cleaning.

Edit 2: And now I double-attached the image! Oops. I'll try not to post until I'm more awake.

Attachments

• ty-d-bol.jpg
    ty-d-bol.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 72
  • ty-d-bol.jpg
    ty-d-bol.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 71
BigMoneyJim said:
I'm disappointed, too. If I had more caffiene I might come up with...um....

Edit: See, I haven't had enough caffiene...the pic I attached only turns the water blue while you're cleaning.

Edit 2: And now I double-attached the image! Oops. I'll try not to post until I'm more awake.

Potty mouths unite! :D

Where's that fuzzy bunny:confused:? He's been awfully quiet lately.

It's blue because I was eating blueberry ice cream and I'm lactose intolerant!

Gpax7, just before you get ready to cut that tree down make sure you supply your neighbor with a video camera. If you don't want to end up on AFV I would say call a professional or if the tree is near telephone or electrical wires call them and see if they will do the job.

okay back to the topic at hand..... Thanks thefed for making me spew my mouthfull of water on the keyboard.

thefed said:
It's blue because I was eating blueberry ice cream and I'm lactose intolerant!

Gassy, methane laden moons and lactose intolerance. There's a nice correlation :dead:

I stayed out of this one because uranus is just too big and deep a subject for a Friday morning. But, when you throw methane gas in, I am interestred because I've always been into self flatulation. :D

setab

cube_rat said:
Potty mouths unite! :D

Where's that fuzzy bunny:confused:? He's been awfully quiet lately.

We got a sunny day yesterday and I spent most of the day doing long overdue yard work and then I slept until 9:30 this morning. :yawn:

There's a lot of guys on this thread that are sooo anal, but on a bright note, not apparently retentive...

Gpax7 said:
OK. so serious question....I have an oak tree in my yard that is about 14 inches in diameter and 50 feet high. Tall and narrow because of another bigger oak close to it . Has a natural bend toward the house and it needs to come down now.  So in addition to hooking a small truck and a rope to provide a directional bias for the fall,  how do I cut the base of the tree? Notch it where? Cut it through where?

I think we need to award you a prize for the most sincere yet completely off the wall post most unrelated to the thread subject ever! This makes me think of 3 dimensional space and two lines that will never cross but aren't parallel...mebe we make you a trophy of that...

Gpax7 said:
OK. so serious question....I have an oak tree in my yard that is about 14 inches in diameter and 50 feet high. Tall and narrow because of another bigger oak close to it . Has a natural bend toward the house and it needs to come down now. So in addition to hooking a small truck and a rope to provide a directional bias for the fall, how do I cut the base of the tree? Notch it where? Cut it through where?
Get a reputable tree service - I use one that have tree climbers with ropes - kinda like a tarzan deal - fun to watch - they'll cut from the top down - you can end up with firewood if you ask - hopefully you have a fireplace - in some parts of the country that firewood could almost pay for the service. Here to cut a tree down like you got could BE between $500 - $1000 - GET SOME QUOTES then make them compete for the job - best to do tree work in the dead of winter when things are dead - cheap cause like business is dead.

You don't want to be in your truck and have something like this happen - then you might be dead too - that wouldn't be good - penny wish pounded dead foolish

img_379941_0_6435be62c7945954606c041a6f2a91c1.jpg

Laurence said:
I think we need to award you a prize for the most sincere yet completely off the wall post most unrelated to the thread subject ever! This makes me think of 3 dimensional space and two lines that will never cross but aren't parallel...mebe we make you a trophy of that...

There's a hidden correlation in his post. oak tree.. uranus... oak tree..removal...uranus...oak removal...space.... your anus...

I've been pondering on this subject all day :)

cube_rat said:
There's a hidden correlation in his post. oak tree.. uranus... oak tree..removal...uranus...oak removal...space.... your anus...

I've pondering on this subject all day :)

You must score better stuff than I, no matter how much I smoke, I'm still not seeing it. O0

Back
Top Bottom