NFL: 2016 Season

I've read a few sports clips saying that Edelman will not be the QB. He's their best receiver, so NE would be without their best receiver if he was QB. Also, he's not much of a pass threat, so the defense would rush everyone - too much of a chance for injury. One clip I read suggested Gronk as QB - that at his size he would be less susceptible to sacks and injury.

I dunno... Gronk is pretty injury prone to begin with even though he is a big guy. Who's the QB for Boston College and what are his plans next Sunday? I still think that Tim Grady guy would be worth a try.

Last edited:
They also have a tight end on their roster by the name of AJ Derby who played QB in Arkansas for 3 years before converting to tight end in his senior year......Also the senior QB from Foxboro HS was seen practicing with Josh McDaniels at Gillette this morning.:LOL:

But seriously, if on Monday Belichick thinks that Garoppolo and Brissett can't go he will sign TJ Yates who visited Gillette last week or another QB with some NFL experience.

Last edited:
I think you are right... just need someone who can take a snap, hand off and throw 10 yards since they will inevitably keep it simple... seemed to work well on Thursday night and the Bills defense is not near as good as the Texans defense.

Even if they lose to the Bills and are 3-1 when Brady returns that would be good... 4-0 would be a bonus.

Biggest surprise of the day was the Steelers getting crushed by the Eagles and their rookie QB Wentz. The second surprise was the Buffalo Bills easily beating the Arizona Cardinals.

Seahawks had some consistent offense, finally. Got a bit worried when Wilson went down, again. And too bad that the Rams won again. On to next week!

Yay! The Rams won again. They even scored a touchdown this time.

Trevor 'Who'?

Trevor Siemian of the Denver Broncos was named AFC offensive player of the week. Not bad for a quarterback who's only play prior to this year was a kneel down.

Well, looks like there might be. Dak, Zeke & The Boys looked pretty good last night. :D

The real test will be the Eagles. Fortunately, The Boys might have a pass rush by then.

However, a couple of new issues to contend with, Bryant's knee/ankle, and Collins being out for some time. Might hamper the offense a little, but I still suspect pass rush will continue to be an issue if they want to contend.

Trevor Siemian of the Denver Broncos was named AFC offensive player of the week. Not bad for a quarterback who's only play prior to this year was a kneel down.

The development of rookie QBs has been outstanding. Sieman, Groppollo, Prescott and Wentz are an example. The game is in need of the young talent to replace Brady, Brees, Rodgers etc....

The development of rookie QBs has been outstanding. Sieman, Groppollo, Prescott and Wentz are an example. The game is in need of the young talent to replace Brady, Brees, Rodgers etc....

I believe only two of those QBs can be considered in their rookie year.

The Rams are 2-1, and aren't even in the top 20? I know they're all defense, but still...they've beaten a couple of pretty good teams (and lost to a lousy one) and are in first in their division. How do they determine these ranking?

Edit: I see, it's just some guy's opinion. And he's got the Rams at #21. So at least a little respect there.

Last edited:
The Rams are 2-1, and aren't even in the top 20? I know they're all defense, but still...they've beaten a couple of pretty good teams (and lost to a lousy one) and are in first in their division. How do they determine these ranking?

Well, the Texans ARE in the top 20 and are 2-1. They don't belong there after last Thursday nights performance. The way they played last week was absolutely awful. They won the first two games with impressive levels of play but not only lost the third game to the Pat's against their third string QB, they didn't scored a point. :nonono: Now that JJ Watt is out, I'm not sure what they can do (defensively). But, why am I surprised. I'm a lifelong Houston fan so this is really nothing new.

Last edited:
Well, the Texans ARE in the top 20 and are 2-1. They don't belong there after last Thursday nights performance. The way they played last week was absolutely awful. They won the first two games with impressive levels of play but not only lost the third game to the Pat's against their third string QB, they didn't scored a point. :nonono: Now that JJ Watt is out, I'm not sure what they can do (defensively). But, why am I surprised. I'm a lifelong Houston fan so this is really nothing new.

I thought The Texans had a good team before losing Watt and their performance the first two games was impressive. Their performance against the Pats last Thursday was more of a reflection on playing on a short week with all of its challenges especially for the away team and playing against a team that does not lose at home.

But I agree with you it will be extremely difficult without JJ Watt.

I thought The Texans had a good team before losing Watt and their performance the first two games was impressive. Their performance against the Pats last Thursday was more of a reflection on playing on a short week with all of its challenges especially for the away team and playing against a team that does not lose at home.

But I agree with you it will be extremely difficult without JJ Watt.

Although, the Pat's had the same short week, not really sure that home field advantage overcomes a third string quarterback. I really like watching JJ Watt, and I will miss seeing him in the league this year. I hope he takes the time and comes back as strong as ever.

Going to be interesting if the Pat's win this week and Seattle beats the Jets.. They will be 4-0 and all the rest of the East will be 1-3. Although I think the Pat's are going to lose this week at home, they are due for a letdown and I will be at the game.

Going to be interesting if the Pat's win this week and Seattle beats the Jets.. They will be 4-0 and all the rest of the East will be 1-3. Although I think the Pat's are going to lose this week at home, they are due for a letdown and I will be at the game.

If the Pats win this week to go 4-0 and the Jets lose to Seattle the division race would be almost over after only 4 weeks. Against any other team this week the Pats may have a letdown but not against loud mouth Rex.

BTW This is not the scenario the league envisioned when they suspended Brady for 4 games.

If the Pats win this week to go 4-0 and the Jets lose to Seattle the division race would be almost over after only 4 weeks. Against any other team this week the Pats may have a letdown but not against loud mouth Rex.

BTW This is not the scenario the league envisioned when they suspended Brady for 4 games.
I really don't like the Pats (or maybe it's just Belichick and Brady) but, as I've said many times before, I really hope they win the first 4 games (looks likely) w/o Brady and lose game 5 (probably unlikely) when Brady comes back. But that would make my day.

Last edited:
If they can go 4-0 it will be like giving Goodell the middle finger so they are motivated to do that. Not only that, I think Brady is pi$$ed and will perform very well when he returns. As a team, they are highly motivated to try to run the table or at least win the Super Bowl to shove it to Goodell.

If they can go 4-0 it will be like giving Goodell the middle finger so they are motivated to do that. Not only that, I think Brady is pi$$ed and will perform very well when he returns. As a team, they are highly motivated to try to run the table or at least win the Super Bowl to shove it to Goodell.

And if this happens and Brady is the SB MVP I hope he wouldn't show up the next day to accept the award from Goodell..........

Last edited:

I always wonder... What team out this is not "highly motivated to win the super bowl"? And why aren't they motivated? Their coach? Quarterback? Other "leaders"?

One thing is for sure, Brady will be in better shape (lack of dings and minor injuries) for game five than he has been in any other game five in his career.

Back
Top Bottom