NFL: 2017 Season

The Steelers played a great game even after Antonio Brown went down but they've proven again why they can't beat the Pats. They had two more downs after the controversial call and the worst situation is to throw an interception. Kicking a field goal to go to overtime would have giving them an opportunity to win in OT. Tomlin said they always play to win but that's why he's 2-8 against the Pats.
Clearly the Pats were lucky to win that one. The Steelers all but gave it to them, after the Pats all but gave it to the Steelers allowing a 70 yard gain on a short slant - offsetting inexplicable mistakes. Giving up a short pass with less than a minute left is one thing, but where was the containment that goes with it? A heart stopper of game for fans from both sides.

And as for the Steelers TD called back for losing control of the ball, I think Dungy said "good call, bad rule."

Yeah, and how about them Rams! They demolished the Seahawks yesterday. Los Angeles Rams' historic 2017 NFL turnaround, and 2018 candidates to go worst to first

Thank you for that. :dance: The Falcons are now up 2 games in the wildcard race, where it was going to be iffy if the Seahawks won this one. Outside of that, I still say the Falcons need to win out in regular season that is left, to have a shot at the big game again. If they cant, then they probably wont make it through the playoffs anyway. The offense isn't as good as last year but the defense is much better.

No style points for winning though. Win ugly and you move forward in the playoffs. Lose with style and your time in the playoffs is over.

Falcons win tonight and GB is out of it

Now fasten your chin straps the Pats are headed for a loss this weekend with Buffalo . The Pats are 12 point favorites . They will either lose to the Bills or to the Jets . The road to the SB goes through Pittstown , one way or the other . NFL wants the Steelers to get another ring...............

Clearly the Pats were lucky to win that one. The Steelers all but gave it to them, after the Pats all but gave it to the Steelers allowing a 70 yard gain on a short slant - offsetting inexplicable mistakes. Giving up a short pass with less than a minute left is one thing, but where was the containment that goes with it? A heart stopper of game for fans from both sides.

And as for the Steelers TD called back for losing control of the ball, I think Dungy said "good call, bad rule."

How is that lucky? The Steelers failure to execute in crunch time is the reason the Pats won the game. The Pats drove down and scored the go ahead TD. Then the Steelers had the ball on the 10 yards line and couldn't come up with any points.

Last edited:
Now fasten your chin straps the Pats are headed for a loss this weekend with Buffalo . The Pats are 12 point favorites . They will either lose to the Bills or to the Jets . The road to the SB goes through Pittstown , one way or the other . NFL wants the Steelers to get another ring...............

Why? Because you said so......or is it a wishful thinking?

The Steelers failed to hold serve and don't deserve home field advantage. Besides, the Pats will beat the Steelers again if they played in Pittstown as you call it. Brady is 11-2 including 3-0 in the playoffs against your Steelers.

Last edited:
How is that lucky? The Steelers failure to execute in crunch time is the reason the Pats won the game. The Pats drove down and scored the go ahead TD. Then Steelers had the ball on the 10 yards line and they couldn't come up with any points.

I actually agree with Midpack. The Pats were hugely lucky to win that game... especially after that horrible defensive lapse on that slant play. Actually, the Pats defense was pretty bad in general... as was the Steelers on that last Patriots drive... Gronk catches 3 long ones in a row... hello... wake up defense.

Under the old rules, that goal line catch would have been a touchdown..... ball broke the plane in the receiver's control... play is over so it doesn't matter if he bobbles it after that.

I actually agree with Midpack. The Pats were hugely lucky to win that game... especially after that horrible defensive lapse on that slant play. Actually, the Pats defense was pretty bad in general... as was the Steelers on that last Patriots drive... Gronk catches 3 long ones in a row... hello... wake up defense.

Under the old rules, that goal line catch would have been a touchdown..... ball broke the plane in the receiver's control... play is over so it doesn't matter if he bobbles it after that.

I saw the game differently I guess. Luck to me is when a team gets dominated by another team but a few lucky bounces win them the game. Game stats were close with a slight edge to the Steelers in total yards. The time of possession was in their favor also because by running the football they kept Brady on the sidelines.

What makes the Pats great in my opinion is their ability to execute under pressure and to play sound situational football in crunch time.

In the fourth quarter the Pats defense made the stops when they needed (even after that awful defensive lapse on the slant pass for 69 yards) and the Steelers defense didn't. In the last 8 minutes the Pats scored 11 unanswered points and the Steelers threw an interception in the end zone to lose the game. The Pats out executed the Steelers in crunch time.

Last edited:
While you might be right, they failed miserably 6 days earlier in Miami.

True. As good as Brady is he cannot do it by himself. Last year they won without Gronk but they had Edelman. It's extremely difficult to win without both and if Gronk goes down with an injury this year they are vulnerable in the playoffs.

I don't follow that close but bits n pieces but the Vikings are doing fairly well. I didn't read all posts here but haven't read anything about them what I scanned.

Yeah, it has been reported that Belichick was spotted handing the refs $20 bills before the game!! That is the only possible reason for the call. LOL

BTW, I am only saying this to stir the pot and flush out the haters.

Two words, Vikings defense. Super bowl at home whoop!

I would love to see the Vikings get in and play a Super Bowl at home. I believe that it would a first despite a couple close calls in the past.

Only two NFL teams have reached the Super Bowl hosted in their home market: the San Francisco 49ers, who played Super Bowl XIX in Stanford Stadium, rather than Candlestick Park, and the Los Angeles Rams, who played Super Bowl XIV in the Rose Bowl, rather than the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum.

DSIL lives in Minneapolis and is thinking about renting her house and using the proceeds to get out of town.

I have nothing good to say about the Texans, but I will mention the Rockets are having a fun year.

LOL... yes, lets get them in... maybe two championships here at the same time!!!

Anyone that lives near the SB , if they can go to the NFL experience . It a lot of fun and a great experience. Last year my son and I went to the one here in Houston we ended up on radio row . We met so many celebrities .

Back
Top Bottom