Pedometers and 10,000 steps

I've noticed that when I'm walking into the Irish Mill (my favorite local pub - they serve the best Guinness around here), it's 37 steps from my reserved parking place to my reserved bar stool. But, on the way out it's 49 steps. Am I taking different size steps or perhaps weaving around a tad bit? ;)

youbet said:
I've noticed that when I'm walking into the Irish Mill (my favorite local pub - they serve the best Guinness around here), it's 37 steps from my reserved parking place to my reserved bar stool. But, on the way out it's 49 steps. Am I taking different size steps or perhaps weaving around a tad bit? ;)

:LOL:

Including the trip to the men's room on the way out?

best Guinness around

Oh yea? What makes your Guinness better than my Guinness? Are you a Guinness snob or is your admitted eratic walking pattern back to your car affecting your overall judgement? And after walking 49 steps...you drive your car?

Where is MADD when you need them? :D

Rich_in_Tampa said:

Damn! What was I thinking? Of course that's it! Thanks Rich! Excellent diagnosis.

Rich_in_Tampa said:

Ohhhhhhhh, so if I can include my steps from the other day when I was prepping for my colon scope, yeah I easily average 10,000 steps.

mickeyd said:
Oh yea? What makes your Guinness better than my Guinness?
Well, I guess I don't know if my Guinness is better than your Guinness mickeyd......... But it's the best around here. And a whole lot of Guinness is served in Chicago! I like the Irish Mill's Guinness because they serve a lot of it, it's the right temp, they understand "settling time," and the wee lass that serves it up is amicable and draws the nicest shamrock in the foam....... And I suppose the live music in the background doesn't hurt either! :D Stop by some time. I'll buy.

And, of yeah, don't forget to wear your pedometer!

Well I have come to the conclusion that my pedometer is registering false steps. Maybe that is what I get for only spending six bucks. If I adjust the sensitivity down, then it misses steps. Dang!

Martha said:
Well I have come to the conclusion that my pedometer is registering false steps. Maybe that is what I get for only spending six bucks. If I adjust the sensitivity down, then it misses steps. Dang!

Did you experiment with exactly where you clip it? I recall that depending on where I placed it (e.g. directly to the side versus half way between there and the front) it made a difference.

Then again, for $6....

Back
Top Bottom