Please share something in this thread you have never shared in any other thread

My avatar is the Combat Infantryman Badge (CIB). I was awarded the badge in July 1968 while operating in III Corps area of operations in Vietnam. Requirements~participate in active ground combat while assigned as a member of an infantry or Special Forces unit, brigade or smaller size, during any period subsequent to December 6, 1941.

No ceremony was conducted; just received a printed order from First Infantry Division in the "mail."

Mr. Crabby told me I was a "slob" when he was 14 and I was 13. This was because I had frizzy curly hair, which was not then in style, and also because I was his only serious rival in English class. I sorta fell out of love with him after that.

It was funny to see that he's in Rush Limbaugh territory now, as far as looks go. :nonono:

A.

It's funny...I don't remember you.

Mr. Crabby told me I was a "slob" when he was 14 and I was 13. This was because I had frizzy curly hair, which was not then in style, and also because I was his only serious rival in English class. I sorta fell out of love with him after that.

It was funny to see that he's in Rush Limbaugh territory now, as far as looks go. :nonono:

A.

OK, it is coming back. Sorry about the hair remark.

I once went on a blind date. At the end of the evening I asked if she would like to go out again. Her reply: "I think we have been seeing too much of each other". That was 40+ years ago and still cracks me up. What a great reply and lousy date.

I was "arrested" during the 1968 Democratic Convention in Chicago, along with 800 other people. The majority of us were just hauled away and never charged, so there were no legal consequences that followed.

I got to know Abbie Hoffman a little during that time. He was interesting.....and hygiene-challenged.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom