Printer problems

urn2bfree

Full time employment: Posting here.
Ok, I hope someone here can guide me to a simple solution. Recently and inexplicably my printer will only print after I turn off the computer and restart it. The printer is wirelessly connected, it does print, but not when I ask it to, only after I order printing, the jobs pile up in the queue, undone. I turn off the computer and restart and the first thing that happens is it prints all the jobs pending...but then if I want to print more--same deal. help?

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the printer software/drivers?

Do you have access to a 2nd computer that you could load the printer software/drivers on to see if the problem follows the printer to a 2nd independent pc?

-gauss

Are you running Windows? If so, have you installed all available updates to both Windows and the printer drivers?

You can try to Google your printer model and something like "wireless printing".

Have you tried unplugging the printer and then plugging it back in?

I had the same problem which was caused when Windows update installed Internet Explorer 11. I uninstalled the update and the problem was fixed.

With the cold weather coming, maybe it's a good thing MS is not installing the windows in our homes.

I had the same problem which was caused when Windows update installed Internet Explorer 11. I uninstalled the update and the problem was fixed.
This is the sort of goofy PC stuff that can drive you to drink. My PC turns off the sound on the main plug in the rear every time it reboots. It can't be turned back on without another reboot. I have to uninstall it, restart, and then reset it as default and it works. Recently I discovered that if I plug the speakers into the earphone outlet on the front the sound works fine. What the heck?

Back
Top Bottom