Quotes. Your favourite?

Jmo1969

Recycles dryer sheets
"What's money? A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and goes to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do. "

Bob Dylan

With the current climate of every business trying to give, sell or otherwise finagle me to get a membership or affinity card, I like to paraphrase Groucho Marx.

I would not join any club that would have me as a memeber.

The sad part, most are clueless about Groucho Marx.

Maybe this one...

"Dear Mr. S, here is your health insurance quote from us. Please find the exact, clear details enclosed"

sorry, had to...

I love this quote, from one of the best movies ever made:

"Life is pain, highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something."

- Wesley (as the Dread Pirate Roberts) in The Princess Bride

I love this quote, from one of the best movies ever made:

"Life is pain, highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something."

- Wesley (as the Dread Pirate Roberts) in The Princess Bride

I was just going to post "As you wish."

This one always tickled my funny bone -

"When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity."
- Albert Einstein

I have two that are my favorites, this one:
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

And the one in my sig line, which we painted on the front of the bus, also a favorite of our Romanian friend, Vlad.

Attachments

• VladBus.jpg
    VladBus.jpg
    647.7 KB · Views: 32
There was a great lady from the South who worked in accounting where I was. That meant she had to approve all kind of wild expenses people tried to claim (we had a lot of prima donnas).

One time I was in there, she was going through the reports, then looked up at me and said:

"They're out of control. Crazed with fever!"

"If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month."

Theodore Roosevelt

"You never have to recover from a good start" Buddy Melges

My kids got tired of me telling this to them in reference to the start of a school term but it applies to all kinds of endeavors in life.

An acquaintance/friend(?) of mine back at w*rk was somewhat of an anti-capitalist (at least in his own mind). He railed against the company that provided him, his two wives (one at a time) and his six kids with their daily bread and cable TV. His favorite expression was "A man should leave this world with no more than he can carry on his two strong shoulders." I always added "Yep, $3 million in hundred dollar bills."

"We're all here because we're not all quite there."

Unknown

I heard that Marx was a communist.

I did not know that Groucho Marx was. I do know Karl Marx was. Did Groucho apper before HUAC?:)

Heh, even Communists have good lines. As a rabid anti commie, I still like some of their lines.

Example:

The only thing that I agree with, that Carl Marx wrote: Religion is the opium of the masses.

Ok, On with my armor and activate force field to repel brickbats.

"You shouldn't confuse your career with your life" - Dave Barry.

Pretty much sums up my attitude about my j*b... Life starts when I leave the office at 5pm.

"Le temps, c'est l'etoffe dont la vie est faite"

Loosely... don't squander "time, that's the stuff of which life is made".

Vocatus Atque Non Vocatus Deus Aderit - Erasmus

"Bidden or not bidden, God is present here" is one translation

Back
Top Bottom