Reality

Idnar7

Recycles dryer sheets
My wife volunteers and last Friday took a 95 year old to a concert. The lady was pretty chipper and told my wife that she had a companion the last 13 years after her husband died and she had way more fun with her companion than her husband. That set me aback. Are you all prepared for that? Guess there is nothing you can do, but still.............

Um, what exactly are we supposed to do to prepare for it?

If DW caught me having way more fun with a "companion" more than likely she would then be discovering what life was like as a widow...

Or you'd be caught up in the transgender bathroom fiasco...

Apparently her husband was dead before she met her companion.

I'd be thrilled if DW were guaranteed to experience that. She gives me no reason to doubt that she enjoys our marriage and relationship, but if she could even do better in the likely event I predecease her, that would be fantastic. Beats the heck out of sitting around moping about being widowed.

I'd be thrilled if DW were guaranteed to experience that. . . . . Beats the heck out of sitting around moping about being widowed.
+1. Why not wish the most happiness for anyone you love (and whoever they are with)? I'll be dead, so no chance for jealousy, hurt feelings, etc. What does she "owe me" when I'm gone? Nothing. We had our life together and it was (has been) great--more than I deserved. Now, be happy with someone else--serves me right for checking out early!

Or you'd be caught up in the transgender bathroom fiasco...

Not too likely. I am not wild about pandering to every [-]perversion[/-] tiny interest group, but this one I could mostly care less about.

+1. Why not wish the most happiness for anyone you love (and whoever they are with)? I'll be dead, so no chance for jealousy, hurt feelings, etc. What does she "owe me" when I'm gone? Nothing. We had our life together and it was (has been) great--more than I deserved. Now, be happy with someone else--serves me right for checking out early!
Interesting- My wife lost her husband of 43 years, and was concerned about her sons' reactions to finding someone. That was 9 years ago, and they have accepted me as their mom is happy and they do not have to worry about her. i consider myself very fortunate, as we have friends where the man's sons totally rejected his new wife.

+1, and +1 for the post by 2017ish that you responded to.

Last edited:
Not too likely. I am not wild about pandering to every [-]perversion[/-] tiny interest group, but this one I could mostly care less about.

I was hinting that perhaps DW might "alter" your gender, if you know what I mean...

The context is ambiguous. The more fun might referred to might have simply been to travel, get out of the house, see sights, experience new restaurants.
Perhaps her hubby was a grouchy old coot that never wanted to go anywhere and was too cheap to even go to a movie/travel/restaurant.

The title is certainly enigmatic. What is the "reality" spoken of? That people tend to get old and die?

Back
Top Bottom