Recent Photo

It's not a great picture, from a phone. But this is from yesterday at Four Mile Ranch Golf Course outside Cañon City, Colorado.

Coach

Attachments

• FourMile.jpg
    FourMile.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 42
Great photos everyone. However, one thing that comes thru is you all look middle aged, which means the reflection I see in the mirror is true, which is a reason I don't take photos of myself. One thing I find hard about growing old, is the outer no longer matches the inner.

Great photos everyone. However, one thing that comes thru is you all look middle aged, which means the reflection I see in the mirror is true, which is a reason I don't take photos of myself. One thing I find hard about growing old, is the outer no longer matches the inner.

Hey! I've earned every one of these grey hairs. I wear them like a crown and don't mind looking my age, at all. :LOL:

True, I am the same person as I always was inside (just a [-]little[/-] lot wiser). I am simply in disguise as an older person these days, and the disguise helps me to get great discounts at restaurants, theaters, and nearly everywhere I go. :D

... However, one thing that comes thru is you all look middle aged, which means the reflection I see in the mirror is true, which is a reason I don't take photos of myself...
Cop out! Post now before it's too late. Give our photos ten years and you will marvel at how young we all look.;)

Great photos everyone. However, one thing that comes thru is you all look middle aged

Looking middle aged is good! You could have said elderly, a word I am really not fond of. For me, I am only truly middle aged if I am planning to live to roughly 135.

I battle up and down. I look best being skinny. Some guys carry weight well and I'm not one of them!

Being tall, and relatively thin, plus the fact that any weight I gain goes right to the midsection, I have to keep it off or I look like a python that just swallowed a pig...

I find growing older a really weird experience. I look in the mirror and think I don't look too bad for my age. Then I have a photo taken and have to ask myself who is that old hag.

I think the greatest difficulty I have is reconciling that I am probably half way thru my life. I still refer to my siblings and myself as the kids, mentally I feel way younger than my number.

However, glad so many people do feel happy with the middle aged label.

We is what we is :cool:

At least the Middle Ages sound better than the Dark Ages. (which got their name because there were so many knights ;))

Where's that groaning smiley when I need it :)

I love the photo thread and seeing happy people in our generation. If we weren't inundated with photoshopped magazine cover photos of people barely past puberty all the time we'd think hey, we look pretty damn good.

Because we do.

DW and I in Colorado last March at 12K
jpg.gif

Attachments

• IMG_0135.jpg
    IMG_0135.jpg
    660.9 KB · Views: 39
Awwww, I'm so glad I got to check out this old thread! You all look great and all smiles, too! And a whole bunch of you boys definitely married up! I also love the ones with your pups! So cute!

And I know I'm late to the party, but I can't resist sharing. Here's are two that appear to indicate I have had a lifelong phobia about using a hairbrush! :D

Attachments

• FBSM.JPG
    FBSM.JPG
    345.9 KB · Views: 31
  • Disheveled2.jpg
    Disheveled2.jpg
    784.3 KB · Views: 26
i'll play as well. as i find putting a face to a name is kind of neat.

one of my 40 days skiing at Alta in 2008 :cool:
alta.JPG

an almost warm feb day in arches nat'l park
Arches.jpg

Awwww, I'm so glad I got to check out this old thread! You all look great and all smiles, too! And a whole bunch of you boys definitely married up! I also love the ones with your pups! So cute!

And I know I'm late to the party, but I can't resist sharing. Here's are two that appear to indicate I have had a lifelong phobia about using a hairbrush! :D

For myself, I wonder where the line is between 'tousled and windblown' and 'crazy old lady'.

Khan, I like to call my look "disheveled madness" as it denotes the proper crazy yet carefree description I'm looking to achieve. Or a precursor to dreadlocks.

Ronoc, you look cold! T-Al, you look like you're dead.

¡Tan Guapa!

I thought I'd bring Khan's thread back to the portal page and see if anyone wanted to share some photos...we have quite a few new members since then... :)

Here's a fun one of DD (which I did not take):

img_986538_0_8e77e4efcec819396edf30adf9bd7cd7.jpg

And another showing that personality traits appear early:

BucketComparison.jpg

This is what our bunny looks like when he's just going down for a nap... or just waking up to see the camera being pointed at him. He'll be ten years old in a few months, which in bunny years is about 110.

The second photo is a getting-acquainted team-building action shot from freshman orientation week at Rice University. The U.S. Navy has paid for the new haircut and approximately three-quarters of the shaving cream... another engineering student showing early signs of submariner potential.

Attachments

• Just waking up.JPG
    Just waking up.JPG
    427.1 KB · Views: 24
  • Rice Orientation Week shave cream fight.jpg
    Rice Orientation Week shave cream fight.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom