Recent Photo

Nice pictures. The scenes remind me of the movie "The Gods Must be Crazy".
Which was set in the Kalahari.........loved the place.

Thanks for sharing, looks like you had a good time.

Thanks for sharing, looks like you had a good time.
For me the African Wild Dogs were the clincher........I'd previously been, (with my late wife), to Africa a few times........RSA, Tanzania, Kenya, Senegal and The Gambia, but never got to see them.

At one camp in Botswana we spent most of our 3 days there bouncing along behind the pack, (and being totally ignored by them), as they hunted. Superb!

Thanks for posting those great pics. Seldom see something that was not staged for a magazine.

Excellent pictures. Thanks.

My daughter and I having fun last year. All of these wonderful pictures make me long for the day I can be FIRE'd like you guys :)

Attachments

• 71592_457017487568_698112568_5553025_6153795_n.jpg
    71592_457017487568_698112568_5553025_6153795_n.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 22
My daughter and I having fun last year. All of these wonderful pictures make me long for the day I can be FIRE'd like you guys :)
Can't top this picture! Your daughter is lovely. Sure makes me smile.

Ha

Wonderful photos, Nemo, both the old and the new!

I grew up within 6 miles of the Blarney Stone.

Having been, as we called it, "Third World'd Out" for a while, my late wife & I took an R&R from Riyadh to Ireland.......after the almost perpetual beige of Saudi our eyes literally hurt from the green of Eire......enjoyed it immensely.

Shortly after kissing the blarney stone (many years ago in 1990), my uncle who lived in Co. Cork at the time laughed and mentioned the teenagers who pi**ed on it.

Would definitely have thought twice about kissing it if he had mentioned this beforehand ! Thanks, uncle Free!

Golfnut

Hey, I kissed a camel...how much worse could dried up piss on the Blarney Stone be? :LOL:

Hope I'm not hijacking the thread, but here's a link to a slideshow we compiled:

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=0eaa...he Past.ppt?cid=0eaa3db2f5f32db6&sc=documents

Select 'Start slide show' - for full screen.....click to advance.

The pics are in semi-random order....(okay, okay, I was too damned lazy to sort 'em.) :)

Nemo2, I took you up on the offer to see the slide show. Once I got started, I had to stop and get myself a scotch and water. I knew it was going to be very interesting and lengthly. Noticed some of the slides are from 1982, etc. How'd that happen? Thanks again for all the great shots. Where else would I ever see scenes like this?

Nemo2, I took you up on the offer to see the slide show. Once I got started, I had to stop and get myself a scotch and water. I knew it was going to be very interesting and lengthly. Noticed some of the slides are from 1982, etc. How'd that happen? Thanks again for all the great shots. Where else would I ever see scenes like this?
Glad you enjoyed them..........the two shots from the early 1960s are photos that we reshot with our digital camera.....the rest are slides, (I have boxes laying around ;)), that we converted to digital with a little 'Film & Slide Converter' we picked up......just does a few at a time but works great.

A lot of my early travels, (hitchhiking in Europe, the M.E., India, etc), I either didn't have the cash to take pics, didn't have a camera, or figured there was no point 'cause I'd be back there anyway.....now I wish I'd taken some.

Very pretty area ! My grandparents are from Shiloh and my great grandparents are from Cavan county . I visited Ireland in 1997 . It was so pretty and the scones were to die for .

Shortly after kissing the blarney stone (many years ago in 1990), my uncle who lived in Co. Cork at the time laughed and mentioned the teenagers who pi**ed on it.

Would definitely have thought twice about kissing it if he had mentioned this beforehand ! Thanks, uncle Free!

Golfnut

"Usually you pay double for that kind of action, Cotton".

This is a panorama taken off the back yard deck at FIL's place yesterday. When he sells it this is what will make it sell:

Attachments

• Backyard-panorama.jpg
    Backyard-panorama.jpg
    233.5 KB · Views: 62
This is not a recent photo, but it's a photo of yours truly on my last trip to Vegas...about 3 years ago. I'm hoping to go again soon. :D

Attachments

• vegas.jpg
    vegas.jpg
    222.1 KB · Views: 68
Back
Top Bottom