Recent Photo

Friends who are athletes refer to it as carbohydrate replacement fluid.
As long as you don't think about it, that just sounds better. :cool:

Beer--So much more than just a great breakfast drink.Some folks just know how to live.Makes me want to have a Fullers E.S.B. right about now.Cheers.

Beer IS food.:D
I would say "was" food. Watch the documentary called "how beer saved the world", it's a bit OTT (Over The Top), but nonetheless both entertaining and educational.

I found it on the internet, but it may also be on Discovery.

Looks like somebody possibly visited the new Moerlein Lager House?!
Wow, can't beleive you mentioned that. I live 90 miles from Cincinnati and will be going there this Thursday night. My dad and brother live in Cincy...should be fun!

I lived in Cincy from age 12 to 26.

. I lived in Cincy from age 12 to 26.

Grew up in the suburbs of Cincinnati, married and left, then came back and stayed.

Whatever was I thinking....

Grew up in the suburbs of Cincinnati, married and left, then came back and stayed.
My Dad grew up in Milford and left as soon as he could.

Unfortunately he met Mom in Pittsburgh.

So I left as soon as I could.

We decided that Hawaii was about the right distance between Cincinnati & Pittsburgh...

Oh, I don't know. I lived in Pittsburgh for three years and it kind of grew on me.

Here's a panoramic shot of Pittsburgh to prove that I have been there on a vacation. I am rather proud of this shot. Even though I reduced the resolution of the uploaded picture to keep its size down, you can still see a lot of details if you clicked on its bar.

img_1176276_0_3a601cec35a91fdedac1ead298ec22cd.jpg

Here's a panoramic shot of Pittsburgh to prove that I have been there on a vacation. I am rather proud of this shot. Even though I reduced the resolution of the uploaded picture to keep its size down, you can still see a lot of details if you clicked on its bar.

img_1176303_0_3a601cec35a91fdedac1ead298ec22cd.jpg

Great pic. I grew up north of Pittsburgh. It's a beautiful town and a great city.

. Quote:
Originally Posted by Nords
We decided that Hawaii was about the right distance between Cincinnati & Pittsburgh...
F for geography but A+ for good judgement...

+1

Nicely done! Has a great tonal range.

This is a HDR (high dynamic range) composite from a bracketed series I shot last October. Just playing around with that feature in Photoshop. I can't decide whether I like it or not.

Attachments

• Creek_water_HDR2.jpg
    Creek_water_HDR2.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 34
Simple Girl and Walt, thanks for the compliments. Ever since digital cameras were affordable, I always took a lot of photos on travel. Looking at these photos brings back fond memories of the trips.

I snapped the photos of Pittsburgh from a ridge overlooking the city skyline. It was by chance that we drove up there, intending to have lunch at a restaurant that was recommended in a guide book. I never did find that restaurant, but while going for a stroll, was able to find a good spot to take these photos.

Other than stitching 7 of them together with the software Canon provided, I did not do any picture editing. I am not a serious photographer, and own only pocket point-and-shoot cameras.

Last edited:

Some neat photos here. This is in the UP, near Grand Marais.

Yesterday was an absolutely beautiful day, perfect weather. Late in the day we took the lawn mower over to FIL's house (I do the winterization on it and leave it here over winter).

This is a shot of a farm near his house visible from the back yard although one has to walk ~100 yards to this vantage point.

Attachments

• Afternoon_farm-1March_23,_2012-EditMarch_23,_2012.jpg
    Afternoon_farm-1March_23,_2012-EditMarch_23,_2012.jpg
    405.1 KB · Views: 23
Yesterday was an absolutely beautiful day, perfect weather. Late in the day we took the lawn mower over to FIL's house (I do the winterization on it and leave it here over winter).

This is a shot of a farm near his house visible from the back yard although one has to walk ~100 yards to this vantage point.
Nice shot. Beautiful afternoon light Walt.

Just got back from a week long stay south of Tucson. Here is a photo taken in Tombstone and I must say, it conveys my sentiments nicely.

Attachments

• 486276_412689078756899_100000474313035_1634817_393570871_n.jpg
    486276_412689078756899_100000474313035_1634817_393570871_n.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 15
My buddy in the front yard looking for his breakfast.

Attachments

• DSCN0534.jpg
    DSCN0534.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 26
Wow, can't beleive you mentioned that. I live 90 miles from Cincinnati and will be going there this Thursday night. My dad and brother live in Cincy...should be fun!

I lived in Cincy from age 12 to 26.
Born and raised in Cincy. Been waiting for the excitement to die down a bit before trying to head down to the new Moerlein Lager House.

Anyone brave enough to show their driver's license photo?

....heh...I am :D (taken about 2 years ago when my hair was short).

Attachments

• dl.jpg
    dl.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 393
Anyone brave enough to show their driver's license photo?

....heh...I am :D (taken about 2 years ago when my hair was short).
Nice picture! I think this is your uncloak moment?

Ha

Back
Top Bottom