Recent Photo

Oh man, Dave that was great! Wow. +1 on what Sarah said.

Is there somewhere we can see your other videos?

GoPro wide angle High definition sport cam.
http://www.goprocamera.com/products/?area=2

Uses an SD card, Li battery and waterproof housing. Continuous filming or interval pic's. Mounted with big sticky base on a board, helmet or other mounts for bike, etc. Big housing buttons for us older "blind" guys but you have to start and stop it from the camera. Super wide anlge lense makes in ideal for onboard sports stuff.

Here is a video I made with my daughter this summer. Helmet cam shots are with the Gopro but I am complete rookie at formats, editing and just about everything else:ROFLMAO: so probably not a good demo at all, but fun makin it. Might be choppy if ya don't have the bandwith (needs to cache). Cheers!

Summer 2010 on Vimeo

Great video and you have a beautiful daughter. Thanks for sharing and I bet you had a great time making your video.

Love the video TargaDave!! It made me happy watching you two have fun:dance:

Hey targadave, it was fun seeing the bird's eye view. I watch lots of kite surfers at our friend's condo in PV. Interestingly, the condo is called Kite because the beach there is such a fantastic venue for kiteboarding. Some of those gus will ride right up onto the beach.

Of course the ocean surf adds to the challenge.

Thanks all. I think it works a little better on Youtube than Vimeo. Plus a tweek more editing though still a long way to go. Oh yeah, this is my semi-ER job. I net about $70/hour teaching this and then I do the same thing with my time off!:ROFLMAO:

YouTube - targadave's Channel

Where was this filmed? Looks like OBX to me. Love that place.

Thanks all. I think it works a little better on Youtube than Vimeo. Plus a tweek more editing though still a long way to go. Oh yeah, this is my semi-ER job. I net about $70/hour teaching this and then I do the same thing with my time off!:ROFLMAO:

YouTube - targadave's Channel

Fantastic! Ahhh...dreamin' of a life like yours someday!

Attachments

• Buffalo Keaulana.jpg
    Buffalo Keaulana.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 12
What happens when the kite takes off higher than you want to go? How much control do you have? I hope there is some kind of release.
Lots of control but the difference between in-control and out-of-control is lots of practice. Safety release on gear but not a substitute for judgement and skill

Is there somewhere we can see your other videos?
It's my only current kiteboardin video. Guess Hannah and I will have to work on a new one next year:)

Where was this filmed? Looks like OBX to me. Love that place.
Correct, down in Rodanthe/Waves/Salvo area. Sort of a kiteboarding mecca. We luv livin on the OBX but it's not for everyone

Very cool! I loved watching that and you do have a beautiful daughter. It was so nice watching a father and daughter having so much fun.

It's my only current kiteboardin video.
Didn't you post one a few years ago? It had some good music, the camera seemed to be in the middle of the water, you did a lot of jumps, and there were no whitecaps.

Here:

Didn't you post one a few years ago? It had some good music, the camera seemed to be in the middle of the water, you did a lot of jumps, and there were no whitecaps.

Cool! Didn't even know that vid still existed. That's Lakes Bay which is just off the causeway to Atlantic City, NJ. I think around 2006 before I sold the biz. A bunch of us aging windsurfers learned how to kite there in the "early kiteboarding days", 2000-2001. With employees and VC's I didn't get much kitin time in back then!

Who are those guys, they look very trustworthy to me.

Hold your mouse over the picture and the mystery is solved.

Back
Top Bottom