Songs that make you dance

Good song Ron. Here are some folks getting down on the Soca rhythm. A very happy, non complex music. Without that dance it might get boring fast.

It had a brief popularity in a bar or two around here, but I'm afraid it was just a bit too Hot Hot Hot.

Ha

Belly dancing anyone;)

Belly dancing anyone

From Denver with Love:

(I particularly liked Pier's reaction when they came out on stage: "Well, it's 'Yes' from me. What about you Howie?")

They, actually, made it quite a ways in the competition but... (oh so sadly it ended.)

I lived either close to or in NYC late 50s-early sixties. I remember in particular two Greek clubs that employed mostly young Egyptian girls as dancers. Port Said, and Egyptian Gardens. Some of the guys I got to know said they were as young as 16, but I am not sure. Some of them looked very young.

Here is Serena, from a clip in 1960, at Egyptian Gardens. The 2nd is Elena Lentini, 20 years later and still a very exciting dynamic dancer. Both these girls danced at Port Said, and Egyptian Gardens. There was one other club in the area that we went to, but I can't remember its name. This was exciting stuff for an 18 year old, made better by the NYC drinking age of 18. Ouzo makes you whoozo!

As i see it, this older style is more dynamic, more musically interesting, but perhaps less overtly sexual than the more recent dancers. These women are incredible athletes, as the dances might go on for 7-8 minutes, very fast. Then someone else for a dance, then she is back again. They couldn't get away with a just a few bumps and grinds.

The BEST of the best - from one of the most critically acclaimed and most successful rock bands - ever:

Here's a U2 vid I've posted for bbbamI a couple of times. I love them!

Thanks Purron, I haven't heard Moulin Rouge in some time. I have to say though, Christina's voice does it for me.

Purron, I loved that Dancing at the Movies, although the scene from Perfect with John Travolta and Jamie Lee Curtis is a bit alarming. :) Forgot how awesome White Nights was, too!

Thanks Purron, I haven't heard Moulin Rouge in some time. I have to say though, Christina's voice does it for me.

Me too!! Can't wait to see her in this upcoming movie. Appropriate clip for here because it has lots of dancing....and what about that Cher:D

I finally got around to look at the hulu site to see what it was all about, and just finished watching an indie film entitled "Shanghai Kiss". In that movie, I caught the following song called "Lilly" by the Oregonian band Pink Martini, whose song "Sympathique" I first learned from a posting by CuppaJoe.

I may or may not remember the chacha steps, but I am sure bbbamI can dance to this song.

YouTube - Pink Martini - Lilly
Been feeling a bit blue, and this song helps my mood a bit.

I caught the following song called "Lilly" by the Oregonian band Pink Martini, whose song "Sympathique" I first learned from a posting by CuppaJoe.

I may or may not remember the chacha steps, but I am sure bbbamI can dance to this song.

Nice catch! This should, also, tweak HaHa's interest, I'll bet.

As an old hippie, when I retired I vowed to dance to every Grateful Dead song I heard. I loved the free form dancing from the 60's and find myself grooving in the grocery store.

Peace and Love Dudes

I wouldn't know how to move my body to this song, but I have a feeling bbbamI can figure this out.

This is really just an instrumental piece called "Apache" that was very popular when I was growing up. I was in elementary school!

Just recently remember to look it up on the Web to find out that it was recorded in 1960 by a British band called The Shadows. English songwriter Jerry Lordan came up with this tune, which was inspired by the 1954 American western film Apache.

YouTube - The Shadows - Apache

I wouldn't know how to move my body to this song, but I have a feeling bbbamI can figure this out.
Well now...this tune changes up quite a bit. I still imagine I could figure something out and give it a whirl. Well...only if no one was watching me. ;)

Well now...this tune changes up quite a bit. I still imagine I could figure something out and give it a whirl. Well...only if no one was watching me. ;)

I figured you could, but of course a youtube video of the performance would be too much to expect. :) If my life depends on it, I can only picture myself doing something like an Indian dance around a bonfire. :blush:

Yeah, something like what these nerds were doing.

YouTube - Apache Dance
And yeah, with the market going up and my portfolio setting another new high today (4% up year-to-date), I should be happy and if wearing an apron like Trombone-Al, should be taking it off and twirling it above my head while doing that Indian dance.

But I do not feel good today. Just tired.

If this doesn't make you want to dance something's wrong. I even caught a lady in her 60's (so, my age) humming it in the Walgreens when it came on, I smiled, she laughed and we both started talking about what a great song this is:

Back
Top Bottom