Study - Slobby guys create more work for wives

More and more young men (and older men) are coming to the conclusion that there is little advantage to marriage, especially considering the high risks. They see no point in working their butts off, being criticized for the sacrifices that they make, and then losing it all in a divorce. This is a very mature and logical decision. And it's not confined to the United States. It's a phenomena throughout the west.

Shawn, there also seems to be more and more young women who see little advantage to marriage. My two daughters, for instance, both feel that if they can't find someone who adds something positive to their lives, then why marry. They have happy lives and don't see the point of marrying someone who wants a mommy, or a slave. They are beautiful, educated, successful women who don't need a man to support them and don't want to marry unless they find someone who is equal (ie not a loser), amiable, fun, decent, and who has the same values.

As for older women, I read somewhere that far more divorced and widowed women have no interest in remarrying compared to divorced and widowed men. I really think the majority of older men are looking for a new wife to take care of them and it seems that older women may not want to sign up for that again.

Of course, that's not to say that there aren't many wonderful men out there who are happy to do their part. My dh is one of them. We've been married for 34 years and I just hope we have as many years ahead of us. I think that when two people really care about each other, then they don't use the other person. Instead they try to help the other one as much as possible and they take care of each other. So, then the work load is shared and more or less equal and then no one is left feeling burdened and resentful.

As for the high risks you mention, both men and women are taking a chance when they marry. Not just that it will end in divorce, but there are other risks. For instance, more women are victims of abuse then men. I think that if couples would have longer engagements and seek pre-marital counseling to make sure that their values are aligned, etc. then there would probably be fewer divorces. Paying attention to warning signs that you're with a nut, loser, abuser, user, etc. before you marry would also help both men and women avoid an ill-fated marriage.

As for older women, I read somewhere that far more divorced and widowed women have no interest in remarrying compared to divorced and widowed men. I really think the majority of older men are looking for a new wife to take care of them and it seems that older women may not want to sign up for that again.

Of course, that's not to say that there aren't many wonderful men out there who are happy to do their part. My dh is one of them. We've been married for 34 years and I just hope we have as many years ahead of us. I think that when two people really care about each other, then they don't use the other person. Instead they try to help the other one as much as possible and they take care of each other. So, then the work load is shared and more or less equal and then no one is left feeling burdened and resentful.

Wow, that's really cynical to think that older men are looking for someone to take care of them. The majority can stand on their own, thank you very much.

I know several women who say they will never remarry. One gave the example of a friend of hers, who remarried at 60 and then the guy had a stroke six months later, was bedridden, and lasted another five years. That's one of the risks one takes when making that commitment. People of any age may develop health issues.

The "gold standard" of marital commitment to me is a guy I worked with for 12 years. He married a wonderful woman and everything was fine for about five years, then she came down with MS, and it took eighteen years for that disease to kill her. All the time I knew her she was in a wheel chair or one of those motorized scooters. The last two years of her life she was in bed, and he stayed with her, fed her, changed her diapers, the whole nine yards. Five years after she died, just last month, he remarried. That guy has faith in the future!

I suppose it depends on how willing one is to take that risk, and one's own personal values, and what the other person can add to your own life. From a financial standpoint I am much the worse off for marrying DW. But every day I get to kiss an angel good morning. Hard to put a price tag on that.

The whole male/female relationship seems somewhat tainted by the way society is structured. In 1975 I was in my '20s, and I had a job virtually immune to layoffs/downsizing, an outstanding pension plan, and many of the people I worked with were very much aware that they were targets of females looking for a meal ticket. One of them came after me and I wasn't having any of that!

So it works both ways.

I suppose it depends on how willing one is to take that risk, and one's own personal values, and what the other person can add to your own life. From a financial standpoint I am much the worse off for marrying DW. But every day I get to kiss an angel good morning. Hard to put a price tag on that.

Walt34 since you kiss an angel good morning here you go with the GREAT Mr. Charlie Pride - Kiss an Angel Good Mornin' :angel:

YouTube - Charley Pride - Kiss an Angel Good Mornin' :angel::angel::angel::angel::angel::angel::angel:

The song is pure HEAVEN. :angel:

GOD BLESS US ALL:angel:

Sloppy Drunks Need Loving Too!

Slobby or Sloppy? Poor she devil. >:D

YouTube - sloppy drunk

It is true about what the GREAT Mickey Gilley sings "All the Women do get prettier at closing time."

GOD BLESS US ALL:angel:

Back
Top Bottom