Thank You's

Nemo2

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I just today, while bumbling about in the User Control Panel, stumbled upon a whole bunch of "Thank You's" that had been sent to me, apparently 46 in all, although 25 had already time expired.

Turns out I had neglected to check the box that initiates notification of said messages, (a situation that has since been rectified), and was therefore oblivious of their existence, (some might say that's a natural state for me).

I'd like to thank all those who 'thanked me', and apologize to anyone who interpreted my lack of response as rudeness rather than mental incapacity. :facepalm:

I looked after you posted and someone sent me a nice thank you with a question. Of course it was back on 3/15/2015.:facepalm:

I looked after you posted and someone sent me a nice thank you with a question. Of course it was back on 3/15/2015.:facepalm:

So..when we get a group, should we meet irregularly and have a secret handshake? :LOL:

Well, file this under "you learn something new every day" for me!

I never knew that was there. I have a couple dozen thank you's...thanks and sorry to any that I hadn't re-replied to.

Who knew!

I rarely acknowledge thank you's if they don't contain a question. Also when I send a thank you i don't expect a reply.

So relax.:)

LOL. I'm a flippin' moderator and never noticed or saw that. LMAO.

And... You're Welcome to all of you who've thanked me.

(I can't believe I never saw that. Doh!!!)

Nemo2......I was just about to throw some stones when caution called and told me to first check whether I lived in a glass house. Sure enough, a bunch of thank you that either I didn't know about or equally likely, I once knew about and didn't remember. Put the stones away and went quickly thru the multitude of choices.........discovered how to turn off the weekly list of threads that I hated to see and how to turn on thank you notifications.....I guess I thought that PM turned on would also turn on thank yous or maybe thank yous were invented after I joined.

In any case, now that you've turned on thank you notifications, I thank you in public so that you won't be able to use your newly discovered skills.

Why would anyone expect a reply to a Thanks?
I get and receive them all the time, but replies in either direction are very rare.

Okay, so I never knew this existed. :)
Just went and looked it up....after I managed to the find the User CP... :)
Um...er...okay so Thanks for the Thanks that I received (I was actually surprised that I had received any because I don't post much and don't have much to contribute when the adults are talking about important topics :) ).
I think I might just be here for some good advice from the group, and occasional comic relief....juvenile at best! :)

I reply to a thank you if add'l info is requested. Otherwise I probably won't reply unless you give me a "Thank-you-for-the-thank-you" button... :)

Well I'll be dam*ed...looks like an old dog CAN learn a new trick!...although I DO have to admit that I actually had to figure out just WHERE the user control panel was :face palm: and once there, even then had to stare at the screen to figure out that all of the "thank you"s I was seeing were directed at me :LOL: and not others on the board :cool smiley:

OP thanks for the tip!

edited to add...and it should be obvious from this post that I have yet to even master the emoticons on this site!

Volunteer needed.

Here is the problem I see with the Thanks button. On my Android tablet the Thanks message pops up. But one cannot get a comment into it before it just disappears. So did my thank you go through? Or did it just fail. I never know as I cannot apply this process to my post. The comment field works fine from my PC.

Would one of you volunteer and I'll send you a Thank You on my Android? BTW, thanks. :)

Last edited:
Sure, if you'd like to experiment on me, be my guest.:)
In doing this with you Redduck I sent 3 thank you's!

1) Had my little keyboard switched on with the Android tablet synched. I was amazed the Thanks! actually worked so this first one went through.

2) The sencond one was similar slip up to the 1st.

3) The third one I turned off the keyboard. It then behaved as I mentioned, going away as soon as someone tries to enter something in the field.

So did you get 3 thank you's ?

02-02-2016 08:28 AMLsbcal this is 1 that works, another coming

OK. This is the one (and only) I received.

LOL. I'm a flippin' moderator and never noticed or saw that. LMAO.

And... You're Welcome to all of you who've thanked me.

(I can't believe I never saw that. Doh!!!)

There goes your moderators bonus for 2016.

It's been a long while now, but as I recall when someone has "Thanked me" I would get notified with a message saying, "You have been thanked." Unfortunately, I cannot remember where the notification appeared. But, the issue is, I didn't have to go looking for it. It just sort of just popped up. (Anybody have the courage to send me a "Thank you" as a reminder to me to see how this works). Several years ago, I tried to send a "Thank You" to myself after writing a wonderfully profound post. But, I learned that you cannot send a "Thank You" to yourself. This definitely needs to be fixed, maybe right after the identification of the OP of thread becomes implemented.

02-02-2016 08:28 AMLsbcal this is 1 that works, another coming

OK. This is the one (and only) I received.
Thanks Redduck, assuming there has been enough time for all 3 emails to arrive to you, I'll have to assume that the Thanks button does not work on my Anrdoid Nexus 7 tablet. To be more precise, it does not work with just using the touch screen. It does work if one sync's up an external keyboard. I have to admit this is probably an obscure point to many reading this . Thanks for helping me with this experiment Redduck.

And to all those who I thanked but never got the Thank You, thank you!. ;):LOL::facepalm:

Originally Posted by redduck
(Anybody have the courage to send me a "Thank you" as a reminder to me to see how this works).
Just sent another Thank you from my PC. So you should be swamped with these things.

I don't expect to get a response to a thanks, unless it is a Journey video sent to HFWR as a thank you. :) For that, anything short of death threats is good.

Back
Top Bottom