This weather is awful!! 2008-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
uhg National Weather Service lists nephews address as 90 to 100% chance of 2 foot storm surge... but he wont leave with family...

Last edited:
uhg National Weather Service lists nephews address as 90 to 100% chance of 2 foot storm surge... but he wont leave with family...

Hope they will be OK.

I have nothing to back this up, but the California slamming comments seem to tail off from nov thru feb. :)

I have nothing to back this up, but the California slamming comments seem to tail off from nov thru feb. :)

Thanks for pointing that out, so we can all be sure step up the rate of California slamming comments. ;) I did mention yesterday that the water in San Diego doesn't taste good, does that count? :D

W2R said:
Thanks for pointing that out, so we can all be sure step up the rate of California slamming comments. ;) I did mention yesterday that the water in San Diego doesn't taste good, does that count? :D

Absolutely. You're supposed to be drinking Evian in San Diego anyways.

Absolutely. You're supposed to be drinking Evian in San Diego anyways.

Oh good! I actually worried about that post after posting it, thinking that Californians might take offense. I guess that plus the forgiving nature of our Californians on the board explain why none seemed to do so. Evian water tastes much better, I agree, and when I lived in San Diego, I always drank bottled water.

Last edited:
Oh good! I actually worried about that post after posting it, thinking that Californians might take offense. I guess that plus the forgiving nature of our Californians on the board explain why none seemed to do so. Evian water tastes much better, I agree, and when I lived in San Diego, I always drank bottled water.
No one argued because the water in San Diego sucks.
Plus we want to discourage people from coming here and crowding our beaches and freeways. There are enough locals doing that.

Looks like we will have our Thanksgiving brunch outside on the deck.

Forecast for Eastern Cochise County below 5000 feet
Area Forecast For:
Issued: November 21, 2012 05:52:42 MST

Thanksgiving day: Mostly sunny. Highs 71 to 76.

Just left the high 70's of Arizona for the low 50's of Illinois. Thanksgiving will be unseasonably warm in Il in the low 60's, but there's a cold snap coming.

Just left the high 70's of Arizona for the low 50's of Illinois. Thanksgiving will be unseasonably warm in Il in the low 60's, but there's a cold snap coming.

Record high for tomorrow here is 58. Forecasted high is 61:) By sunrise friday it'll be down below freezing with snow flurries and a high of 32.

Looks like a very nice Thanksgiving here in Atlanta. Sunny and 70° and the same for tomorrow.

Looks like a white Christmas for me. Forecast for thursday the 20th is 6-12 inches with a band somewhere near me with 12+ inches of snow. Followed by high temperatures below freezing(no melting) for the entire next week. I can only tolerate 1 storm this size. If there's another one after the New Year, without any melting in between, i'm going to Florida.

The NW will soon be shipping a wet storm system east. While it is cold it isn't cold enough by itself for snow to stick below ~500 feet. (Flakes are drifting past my windows in downtown Portland.) The Cascade Mtn range is getting a huge dump of snow and a couple of people have died in highway related accidents on the passes. Those of you who are already below freezing, or are at higher elevations, in its path - prepare for a blizzard.

This is a mixed blessing, nature is trying to bank some moisture for the spring and summer.

We are expecting a little front to come through.

Wednesday: Windy. Mostly cloudy with scattered showers. Much cooler. Snow level 5000 to 5500 feet. Snow accumulation around 1 inch. Highs 44 to 49. West wind 20 to 30 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation 50 percent

It doesn't sound like much, but I live 30 miles north of Mexico.

We have been having highs in the low 70's the past couple of days, and so we are wearing shorts and enjoying the weather.

A few days ago we had highs in the 50's, though, and it has been a weather rollercoaster lately.

Crap. Here comes the snow :(

7 inches so far for us. The latest forecast said 13.8 inches and wind gusts up to 50mph. We could have drifts several feet high. Wish I had a garage. Hope I can dig out for Christmas morning.

The forecasted snowstorm never made it. That's good. :) The sun is making an appearance this morning after MIA for the past week. :)

Here's a very cool video showing boiling water turning instantly to ice in Siberia. I've seen different versions of it before but never tire of watching these. Boiling Water Freezes Instantly In Siberia - Business Insider

The Siberian temperature of -41C is -42F.

I have not experienced anything that cold. At my boonies home at 7000ft, the average low in the winter is 20F, and the record low is -25F (-32C). We had a chance to go up last weekend, but wife declined. There's snow there, from the local weathercam, and 2ft in some places. In comparison, Buffalo NY has an average low of 19F, and a record low of -20F (-29C).

I am now in the low-desert home. Temp is 42F (6C) outside, and 65F (18C) inside, and I am in shorts and T-shirt right now, sipping my coffee.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom