This weather is awful!! 2008-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bad news for W2R but better news for all of us in the Tampa/St. Pete area. I am in a level D evacuation zone (in a high spot which is a relative term in FL!) so I'm not concerned about having to evacuate. Much more concerned about a power outage which is a real pain.

If I owned a home, it would have a whole house generator (learned that lesson in 2004) but I live in an apartment so I can't even have a personal generator. I bought the last battery operated table fan at two different BB&B's (one for us, one for mom) so we'll be able to move a little air if we lose power.

I just tried to get gas, but the lines at 3 gas stations were very long already. So, I'll try late at night or very early in the morning. I stopped by a convenience store and the lines were long there, too.

Governor Bobby Jindall is announcing a state of emergency and voluntary evacuations for low-lying areas outside the levee system. We are inside the levee system.

Sounds like the politicians and emergency managers are TCOB. We will wait and see what it looks like tomorrow before we decide whether to scoot or stay.

Fingers crossed for you W2R. You've been though this before and know what do to. Be safe.

W2R - do you have any concern about leaving your house and just heading out? Seems like the men-folk probably want to stay and keep and eye on everything (i.e Frank) but maybe you don't want to leave your house either.

We're all rooting for you, W2R. Stay safe!

I'll chime in too - W2R and all those in the path of the hurricane, please do stay safe! I don't mean to sound negative, but I hope you all have a good backup plan in case the levees don't perform as expected.

W2R - Come down to the Tampa area. We have lots of bottled water to drink and canned food to eat!

I just checked. The forecast now predicts the storm strengthening to Cat 2, winds to 90mph, and a westward shift of the path that will take it through NO instead of Mobile. This looks scary.

Here is hoping that NOLA is spared as well as south MS as we went through HELL with Ms Katrina.

I will never forget Katrina. And I do remember what folks in MS went though. I recall those images like it was yesterday. Wishing the best for all of our friends on the gulf coast.

Just hope this turns into a big rain storm that brings relief to drought sticken areas. Paws and fingers crossed for all of you.

Mother Nature is wasting no time. Today is Autumnal Equinox(first day of fall) and tonight is our first frost advisory.:(

We had the first below freezing night of the fall last night - 27 degrees

Nodak said:
We had the first below freezing night of the fall last night - 27 degrees

I used to live north of you, in Winnipeg. In 2011 I moved to the interior of BC. Today, the high is 25 degrees C (77 F); yesterday and tomorrow, 27 degrees C (80 F). Nighttime lows 13 degrees C (55 F). Thank you for reminding me why I moved!

Our forecast this week....highs in the 80's up to Friday, the high on Saturday will be 55. :blink:

We've had three days of pretty hot weather here in San Fran. Yesterday it was almost 93F in the shade outside my building. Thankfully, the fog is rolling in and that should bring the temps way down...

We've had three days of pretty hot weather here in San Fran. Yesterday it was almost 93F in the shade outside my building. Thankfully, the fog is rolling in and that should bring the temps way down...
Hard to believe our high yesterday here in South TX was 10 degrees cooler than yours. Must be all the political ads heating up the West Coast...

Last edited:
Apparently fall has arrived in ND, yesterday was sunny and 81 degrees. Today it is 36 and raining with a chance of flurries tonight.

Thanks a bunch! But I was just worrying about our friends up in the NE. Sorry for misleading.

I am quite safe and sound basking in the warm SW sun. Just came back in from the backyard, after checking up on my squash plant to see if I would get any more fruit. I am in T-shirt and shorts as we speak. Well, I am in T-shirt and shorts year round, even when it's freezing outside.

Last edited:
The Purron cats are on top of the story...

Attachments

• hurricane cat.png
    hurricane cat.png
    193 KB · Views: 6
  • weather channel cat.jpg
    weather channel cat.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 5
This weather is awful! Sky is grey and it was dark in the house at noon today. We are goin' where the chilly winds don't blow and the weather suits my clothes.

DH is flying out to Baltimore tomorrow at 6:30 am (yes, I have to drive him to the airport). He is deploying with the Red Cross for Sandy. He'll be sent to somewhere from there but the early responders have to go now. At least he knows he's starting out in a shelter so he packed his blowup mattress.

He's supported Katrina (2), Ike, Gustav, Irene, Isaac (local) and now Sandy

This weather is awful! Sky is grey and it was dark in the house at noon today. We are goin' where the chilly winds don't blow and the weather suits my clothes.
You forgot to also say that "All the leaves are brown".

Oh, it's OK as you are not "California Dreaming", but "California Goin'". Good for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom