This weather is awful!! 2008-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 above with a windchill of -25 but it could be worse. My hometown had a blizzard go through yesterday, glad I'm not living there now. We only got about an inch or two of snow. This is a roadside diner back home.

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 7
Batten down the hatches down to 6 tonight in sunny southern Arizona...
That's surely cold. Can't complain about the 29F low where I am. Just finished covering up some tender plants and my small lemon tree in the back yard. And the back yard garden faucet too.

Still have not gone up to my boonies home since New Year, as I originally planned to. Weather site says -4F low!

PS. Just came back from my mother's house. She wanted to have all the fruits picked from a single orange tree in her back yard. I was working in short sleeve, as the high was just 51F and it was sunny.

Last edited:
1 above with a windchill of -25 but it could be worse. My hometown had a blizzard go through yesterday, glad I'm not living there now. We only got about an inch or two of snow. This is a roadside diner back home.
:eek:

Just the thought of a windchill of -25 makes me shiver. Hang in there...

We're having a nice January thaw here in East Nowhere, NY. There is a fair amount of snow left on the ground, just enough for the snowmobile trails to stay open and be safe to ride.
I was even able to take a ride to the beach camp on Lake Ontario for a 2 day visit. The roads I take run right along the classic lake effect snow band path from Oswego to Pulaski NY. I would normally not attempt this trip at this time of year.
My indoor paintbox geraniums are growing and blooming like crazy in the front window facing south. I am constantly trimming off the larger leaves on them. That tells me we've had more sunshine than usual this year. :dance:

Last edited:
Temp today in the low 70's. Wore shorts and took the dog on a hike. I really don't like it this warm as we get lot's of rain and it's just a little on the nasty side. I would rather have temps in the 40's and nicer weather. Don't have a say in it though.

We're having a nice January thaw here in East Nowhere, NY. There is a fair amount of snow left on the ground, just enough for the snowmobile trails to stay open and be safe to ride.
I was even able to take a ride to the beach camp on Lake Ontario for a 2 day visit. The roads I take run right along the classic lake effect snow band path from Oswego to Pulaski NY. I would normally not attempt this trip at this time of year.
My indoor paintbox geraniums are growing and blooming like crazy in the front window facing south. I am constantly trimming off the larger leaves on them. That tells me we've had more sunshine than usual this year. :dance:

Sure. You are dancin' because of the upset to the JetStream (see picture of current condition), which causes the arctic air to get as far south as Arizona. So, you yourself get highs in the 50s and lows in the 40s, but you know that the condition is not usual, and it will not last.

Dance while you can, but I know you are not putting away your warm clothes, because you will need it soon. >:D

jet2_720x486.jpg

Chicago broke a record on tues, surpassing 319 days without getting an inch of snow. Ok with me. Today it's warmer in Chicago at 54 than Scottsdale at 53. I expect things to change soon.

Anyone from southern California who "suffered" thru 34 degree temps last week want to switch places with me? It'll be -33 on tuesday morning with the windchill. Frost bite in 20 minutes to any exposed skin.

Well, then do not expose any skin for longer than 20 min.

OK, I'll stop being a smart a**. I think it's time for you to hit the road and go south to see Mardi Gras as you planned. W2R reported that the parade already started. Wow, it's not even the end of January, and some people can hardly wait to go topless for beads.

Well after a week of rain and cold weather(even a little snow) the weather has been pretty nice the last couple of days. Plenty of sunshine and temps pushing 60 degrees. Suppose to be more of the same next week. Should dry out enough for some golf too. :)

Right now it is -9F with an 18mph wind from the north for a windchill of -30.

After last weeks weather, back to normal (climate).

Forecast for Eastern Cochise County below 5000 feet
Area Forecast For:
Issued: January 20, 2013 20:19:14 MST

Martin Luther King Jr day: Partly cloudy. Highs 62 to 68.

Tuesday: Sunny. Highs 65 to 71.

Wednesday: Sunny. Highs 66 to 72.

Thursday: Mostly cloudy. Highs 64 to 69.

Friday: Highs 64 to 70.

Saturday: Mostly cloudy. Highs 64 to 69.

Sunday: Partly cloudy, highs 63 to 69.

Last edited:
Stay safe, Freebird, and others in the northeast. Quite a blizzard on the way.

We'll be fine. We East Nowhere-ians take this kind of weather in stride. :dance:

Metro NYC, Long Island, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Cape Cod and Boston area will get clobbered...some of the same areas devastated by hurricane Sandy :nonono:

Last edited:
Stay safe, Freebird, and others in the northeast. Quite a blizzard on the way.

Hmpf. In Buffalo they call 2 feet "light flurries".:LOL:

I called a cousin who lives there after they got 7 feet (not a typo) and asked how they deal with that. He said he had to climb out a 2nd floor window to shovel enough to get the front door open.

We live in the area where they're predicting 30" of snow. This is close to the blizzard of 78 but I don't think the storm will shut the state down for a week as it did back then as people are much more prepared now.

On a good note since we moved to a townhouse two years ago we no longer need to use the snowblower or shovels anymore.

Hopefully we don't lose our electricity as we did twice before for a few days.

Hopefully we don't lose our electricity as we did twice before for a few days.

That's the worst part about those kind of storms. Rare it happens here, but almost always happens during ice storms.

Pretty quite here. Nice enough for golf today. But will get a couple of rainy days starting Sunday.

Yup, I'm right solidly in the 24"++ band..yay.

Be careful, all you Nemo targets! Keep us posted with photos if you can.

Knock on wood but Chicago has skated so far, but you all have my best wishes to get through this safely!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom