This weather is awful!! 2008-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the snow prediction was a bust.

Got about 1". I am sure that getting a full can of gas, rechecking the snowblower, stacking in extra wood warded off the need to blow and shovel global warming.

I like it.

We didn't get much either. But The Plow Boys still came over and did a concert last night. S'ok: I am glad they are there when I need them!

Yesterday we had temperatures in the low 80's. This morning we have 29 F and snow flurries. I took Dog put this morning. She looked around, whined and wanted back in the house. Wimpy Herman Shepard.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

Yesterday's high was 83, and this afternoon's high is predicted to be in the upper 40's. Brrr!

The front went barreling through this morning, with lots of rain and wind. I awakened just as that was ending, a half hour ago, and at that point it was 57F outside. Now it is 45F. That is pretty cold compared with 83F.

Last edited:
I wish you mid-west and east coasters would get your weather house in order. It's starting mess things up out here on the west coast when my Amazon shipments get delayed due to weather back east. :mad:

I wish you mid-west and east coasters would get your weather house in order. It's starting mess things up out here on the west coast when my Amazon shipments get delayed due to weather back east. :mad:

It's all the Canadian's fault. They should keep their polar vortexes up north where they belong.:)

It was bitterly cold in central North Dakota this weekend with March coming in like a Lion! The ice in the river behind our home is almost too thick to drill through with a 3foot long ice auger! Can't wait till' spring when the geese and ducks migrate and the song birds return!

We hit 90 degrees yesterday afternoon. I waited to grill until after 7pm when the temps finally dropped below 80.

It was 38 degrees at noon. It's supposed to warm all the way up to 42 degrees by midnight!

With all the weather angst, I am wondering how many are ready to throw in the towel and move to a different geography:cool:

I am not moving.

With all the weather angst, I am wondering how many are ready to throw in the towel and move to a different geography:cool:

The idea has been kicked around here but I doubt we'll actually do anything other than planned. Proximity to family is still the main driver of where to locate.

This weather is awful!!

The snow is gone from my yard except for the last vestiges of the mounds the Plow Boys (my new favorite band) made. Can spring be far behind?

I say no, sir!

I was a little premature. But now they're forecasting temps near or above 50 for the next 10 days. Guess which tom cat will be prowling the streets? ;)

Last edited:
Looks like Winter is over here. They are predicting a warmish spell of weather.....it was supposed to be 47 or so today, I have 58 on my thermometer. Ground is still frozen and will be for another couple of days. Now I just have to wait for the golf courses to drain:mad:

Yup a definite up trend. TIme to start getting ready to think about getting my kayak ready. Any day now.

Our geography is pretty good winter weather wise. We haven't had a freeze yet, even though we had some days with highs in the mid thirties. And spring started several weeks ago.

Oh, right, that's one reason we're here!

Our geography is pretty good winter weather wise. We haven't had a freeze yet, even though we had some days with highs in the mid thirties. And spring started several weeks ago.

Oh, right, that's one reason we're here!

+1 We have had a few freezes, even a few brief hard freezes, and those were pretty unpleasant but overall I love the weather here in New Orleans.

Most people don't seem to like our infamous heat and humidity in the summertime, but I like it and have central A/C at home in case it gets to be a drag.

After growing up partly in Hawaii, I must admit that I like the variety in the weather that we have in South Louisiana. Changes in the weather can be fun and interesting (when they are not catastrophic, obviously).

Last edited:
For the first time in about 4 months......not burning wood today. Once it hits 50 outside our insert just makes the living room too warm. We almost hit 60 yesterday......weird.

1922509_10152250290120049_382227713_n.jpg

We've had the snowiest winter in SE Michigan in 130 years, so we are going for the record. Seven more inches is forecast for tonight and tomorrow. :dance:

Spring? Who needs it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom