This weather is awful!! 2008-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
good news: it's pouring down rain here in the bay area, courtesy of the Pineapple Express, which has finally made an appearance in California.

bad news: it's coming your way, folks in the Rockies, midwest and east coast. And in the form of snow--sorry!!

I already called The Plow Boys. I told them I'd play whatever they want: steel, bass, piano, guitar.

I just want to see a pitcher warming up.

good news: it's pouring down rain here in the bay area, courtesy of the Pineapple Express, which has finally made an appearance in California.

bad news: it's coming your way, folks in the Rockies, midwest and east coast. And in the form of snow--sorry!!

Just lovin' this "awful weather"! Hope it warms up soon for you East of the Rockies! - but gradually so you don't flood!:greetings10:

Ah, rain!!! Since moving to the west coast, I have been missing the rain so much. I am getting my rain jacket out and going on a walk to celebrate!:dance:

Well, I guess I can finally join this thread! Heavy downpours for the past two days at the beach. Roads are a mess...not that I care since I don't have to leave the house. But I feel really bad for those who have to endure a commute in California in the rain after a long dry spell. Folks here seem to never really learn how to drive in the rain. They keep forgetting to look up occasionally at the road in between their texting.

Looks like weather's going to be great as carnival season ramps up... with Mardi Gras next Tuesday, we have parades every day right now.

Today it was extremely sunny with highs in the upper 60's, and shorts and sandals were fine. This weekend is supposed to be even warmer.

Then on Lundi Gras, the rains start and temperatures should drop to the 50's.... brrrr..... :( Hope the forecasters are wrong about that.

Much snow and ice starting Saturday evening,then some more cold.

Yesterday had a high of about 84, should be warm again today, but starting Sunday, big plunge in temps coming very rapidly, with low expected to be about 18 Monday morning.

Okay, it's March. Stop with the snow forecasts! The next one, with about a foot coming tonight/tomorrow, is almost boresighted directly on us. And a low of 0 the following night, I suppose just to make sure it doesn't melt. This is getting old.

Next winter I expect the payback will be we don't see any snow and no temperature below 30. We deserve it.

Okay, it's March. Stop with the snow forecasts! The next one, with about a foot coming tonight/tomorrow, is almost boresighted directly on us. And a low of 0 the following night, I suppose just to make sure it doesn't melt. This is getting old.

Next winter I expect the payback will be we don't see any snow and no temperature below 30. We deserve it.

Just don't think about sending it my way. We don't need it either!

Whaddaya know, it is snowing. 4-8" predicted by Monday noon. Guess I'll need my 4WD beater to skating.

Add: for the first time in years had to get a second can of gas for the blower.

Last gasp of snow here today and maybe into tomorrow. Then.....Spring. Supposed to stop freezing at night and mid 40's during the day. Friend of mine that works for the highway dept said that since we had such a good February for snow in the Cascades (at least in WA), the mountains are up to normal and maybe a little above normal snow levels in WA. Stevens pass had 14 feet of snow in Feb. I guess that's how you catch up.

This morning in Indiana there was sleet with thunder.

Around 25 degrees as I type this. ..and it's sleeting. brrrrrrr

Eh...but I'm retired. Might have to take a nap, so let it sleet, snow, rain....

Last edited:
Around 25 degrees as I type this. ..and it's sleeting. brrrrrrr

Eh...but I'm retired. Might have to take a nap, so let it sleet, snow, rain....

Thunder sleet in Tarrant County, hope not to go ice skating tomorrow morning.

Another 4-8 inches of "wintry mix" scheduled for tonight, with sub-zero temps on Monday.
DW is reaching her limit this year. Understandable since the last two winters were both exceptionally mild.

Silver lining: I'm beginning to think there might be a chance of convincing DW to move to a different part of the country!

It was -20 F when we went to church this morning. It is now....0 !!! Heat wave! Supposed to start slowly warming this week. No snow today so that's a positive thing!!! C'mon spring!!!

4 more inches of snow last night. 7 degrees now, down to -4 tonight. Seems normal at this point. But spring is right around the corner. So I went out on the lake to check conditions.
ImageUploadedByEarly Retirement Forum1393803513.041820.jpg

Last edited:
Oh yeah.....now it's TOO damn late

OK....the world is really not right. The BEST....I mean....the BEST snow of the year, and it is coming down March 2. In 48 hours it's going to be a sloppy disgusting irritating glob of goo. This snow is perfect.....6 inches of lovely soft dog loving snow. Oh well....bring on the GOLF!!

Our local temperatures have crashed by about 35 degrees in the last hour, from nearly 80 down into the mid-40s.

I noticed that as well. My first time in Texas since '07 wasn't a very fond experience. I was leaving Houston on my way to Austin at around 1pm when it started to rain. The temp went from 73 to 53 in a couple minutes. 30 minutes later it was in the upper 30's. I was still wearing shorts when I got to the hotel in Austin at 37 degrees at 2:30pm. Also raining and a strong,cold, wind. It's going to be 29 degrees at sunrise. I thought Texas was supposed to be warm:confused:

Only two weeks until the traditional planting time for the peas (St. Patrick's Day). Given that we still have about a foot of snow in the yard and expected temps in the 20's for the next week, I am somewhat apprehensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom