This weather is awful!! 2008-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nonsense, anybody with half a brain can see that there is global warming west of the Rockies and global cooling east of the Rockies. Simple.:rolleyes:

Tonight we have a freeze warning but they tell us we don't have to drip our pipes, thank goodness. I hope they're right. I don't have any pets to protect from the cold. If my plants don't make it, then good riddance.

Our low turned out to be 40F instead of the predicted 28F-30F. Some freeze, huh. I'll bet the meteorologists are scrambling trying to figure out that one. :D

Our low turned out to be 40F instead of the predicted 28F-30F. Some freeze, huh. I'll bet the meteorologists are scrambling trying to figure out that one. :D

The high for us yesterday was 27F and people were out and about enjoying the balmy weather:LOL:. Most were cleaning their driveways and roofs in anticipation of the upcoming weekend ice storm which will add substantial weight to the structures.

BTW The run rate for professional roofer to shovel your roof, if you're lucky to find one, is $1000 an hour.

Too bad we can't ship some of New England's cold and snow to California and the west. A ski resort outside of Juneau is closed due to lack of snow.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

This has been an interesting winter. We really haven't had anything I would call winter only about 6 inches of snow and the coldest has been about -10. We even had some 50 degree days early in February. Kind of nice for a change.

says it all

Attachments

• 1959519_10152286877776489_1263805133_n.jpg
    1959519_10152286877776489_1263805133_n.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 18
I was walking up my street today and noticed blooming azaleas.

Ha

It's -27C or -17F as I type this. We had a record low of -29C (-20F) on Saturday night - broke the old record from 1866. Looking forward to warmer weather. On the bright side... days are much longer and one can feel the warmth of the sun again.

Depending on which station is selected in accuweather it -10 to -17 F in SW PA.

Woodstove ran all night, indoors is +77F, nice way to wake up. Re-stoked the stove:)

Enjoy - August is on the way. :)

Oof, *tell* me about it. By August and September, I will be crying uncle and my AC will be struggling to keep up.

But, it's 64F in New Orleans at this very moment, with a predicted high of 62F. Guess Mother Nature blew that prediction away already. Anyway, it's nicer here today than it has been. If it would warm up another 3-5 degrees, I'd declare it shorts weather.

Uh...oh...there is a classic lake effect band setting itself up from Lake Ontario. It's still to the north of me, but all it takes is a small change in wind direction and here it comes.
We are under an winter storm advisory, not a warning, so it's all good.
For now...

NWS radar loop for those who are interested.
NWS radar image loop of Composite Reflectivity from Montague, NY

Not as cold as some of you but I just got back from leaving snacks for the wild critters. It's about a 1/2 mile out and back. I felt like my face was frozen by the time I got back. I was dressed warm and had a scarf across my face. Didn't seem to help. My fingers are still cold and I've been in the house for a half hour.

Forecast is for 3 to 7 inches of snow tomorrow, another 1 to 3 inches tomorrow night. Yuck. We went to the gym today so tomorrow if it involves going outside we're not doing it.

I'm ready for 85° F temperatures.

Forecast is for 3 to 7 inches of snow tomorrow, another 1 to 3 inches tomorrow night. Yuck. We went to the gym today so tomorrow if it involves going outside we're not doing it.

I'm ready for 85° F temperatures.

Oh, come on, we know you really like it:

... We've had 2+ feet of snow here before and we just stocked up on food and movies and didn't sweat it much. I mean, unless you absolutely have to go somewhere or have an unstable health issue, what's to worry about?....

Well South Florida is cold . The high today was 49 . The snowbirds are all thinking of going further south . This is when I realize how my wardrobe is missing some vital parts ( warmer jacket , sweatshirt )

Getting down to around -7 tonight. Tomorrow a heat wave at around 3. The good thing about this time of year is that we can go grocery shopping and leave the groceries in the car during other stops without the groceries spoiling.
Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

+1 to that.
They had ice-cream on sale and so I bought some and said to the lady in front of me "I can keep this in the car all day without worries". :LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom