This weather is awful!! 2008-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ridge of pressure off the West Coast is shifting. So..... More wet cool weather out West, and less ice and snow out East. At least that's what my local weather guy says

The ridge of pressure off the West Coast is shifting. So..... More wet cool weather out West, and less ice and snow out East. At least that's what my local weather guy says

Yes if it does shift...the ridge has been persistent and it everyone back east fault :p. The ridge has been unable to move because of the trough back east...until it moves the ridge can't move and California and much of the west coast remains nice and warm but wayyyy too dry.

Least that's how our local weather guys explain it

Snowpack numbers for the Sierra's are 19% of normal :mad:...Looks like another dry year. The forecast for the west shows the ridge building back in after Monday :nonono:

+36 F here in Houston this morning. The natives are freezing!

Us displaced northerners are looking at it like it is sweatshirt weather.

At 0700 the temp readout was -6F. At 1030 hrs when I got back from workoput and breakfest the readout was -6F. The truck's outside temp sensor displayed +15.

Changed batteries in the house's sensor's receiver, display +16. Outside sensor's battery at 50%, good for another six months or so.

+36 F here in Houston this morning. The natives are freezing!

Us displaced northerners are looking at it like it is sweatshirt weather.

I don't miss the ice days in 77018 at all. All the pickup trucks swerving about.

We much prefer the weather in 83702.

Here in central N. Carolina we were supposed to get a nice snowstorm last night.

We got an ugly snow/ice storm instead. First a wet snow for about 4 inches, then rain and freezing rain on top. Pine trees don't like this. Many branches down, and whole trees down. Many power outages. I'm working on the last gasps of my internet as the battery runs out so this is probably it for me for a while.

About 10 inches of what would be called champagne powder over at the ski slopes. Rather than skiing, I will be plowing most of the day. The maintenance guy at the kids camp is gone so I will need to plow about 5 miles of main road and camp road along with the side roads and drives I usually plow.

^ no standby generator?

LBYM.

Too much expense for 20 to 40 hours of outage once every decade.

Just putting a log in the fireplace and watching my battery go to 9%. See ya later! :)

Stay warm. I hope you get your power back soon.

In Houston almost everyone had a generator, losing power for 20 days is the pits.

I still have my generac but haven't needed it since moving to ID.

Just got finished clearing snow and plowing. Is was warm and sunny all day. Just as I finished and parked the plow truck, a storm blew in, the temperature dropped, and it started snowing. Looks like I will get to do it all over again in the morning.

This morning before it got light was interesting, I could look up and see stars all around, there was no wind at all, and it was lightly snowing!

We are on track to have one of the snowiest February's in history. I was able to snowshoe around my neighborhood today which is rare (but fun).

It'd be nice if the weather would start getting its act together by the time daylight savings time begins this year, which is not far away (I think it's March 8, the weekend after next).

It'd be nice if the weather would start getting its act together by the time daylight savings time begins this year, which is not far away (I think it's March 8, the weekend after next).

Yeah ha, I'm keeping all my saved daylight in a air tight container this year. Last year's leaked out. I love the later sunrise and sunset.

Last night was the coldest night this winter at -11.2°. But it could be the last night below zero this winter - no negative temps in the long term forecast. Time to get the boat, kayak, and bicycles ready.

sunny and cold here too. I have been after the propane company for a delivery all week. Our gauge now reads ZERO. They SAY they will deliver but have been saying that all week. Might be a blanket weekend!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

An additional 3-6 inches of snow is forecasted for tonight into tomorrow morning . Boston needs 5 more inches to break the all time record of 107 inches.

Enough......

Well, February was officially the coldest month ever here with an average temp of 9 degrees. I'll have to look into how that's computed.
It never broke above freezing so the snow banks are looking record high too. I can no longer toss the snow over the bank at DGFs house and had to walk the shovel fulls to where a neighbor plowed the bank down.
Should be above freezing Wednesday. Hope for a slow non flooding thaw.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

saw this today online

Attachments

• BsZ623R.jpg
    BsZ623R.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 122
This weather is awful!!

I was watching the snow and started looking at this thread. About 3500 posts ago, in December, someone commented they wanted the snow to go south. Well, it did. They got their wish 10 weeks late.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom