This weather is awful!! 2008-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe the local and national meteorologists wishing for more snow to break the all time record when two more inches of snow would make additional buildings at risk of roof collapse. So far 200 roofs around here collapsed from the weight of snow.

Right now it is snowing heavily, we've got perhaps 4 or 5 inches, 5 to 9 forecast. Spring is supposed to be a few weeks away. At least it'll warm up later in the week and melt this stuff.

Attachments

• forecast.JPG
    forecast.JPG
    57 KB · Views: 6
You should all come to Phoenix for a visit..:cool: we'll leave a light on for ya!

Thursday
73° 49°
Sunny and seasonably cool

Friday
79° 56°
Sunny and nice

Saturday
79° 54°
Sunny and pleasant

Sunday
79° 54°
Mostly sunny

Monday
82° 55°
Sunshine and patchy clouds

Tuesday
84° 58°
Mostly sunny

Wednesday
82° 58°
Sun and clouds

Last edited:
Blew away about 6" of global warming this morning. Looks like we are done with snow for the next week or two. A -4F morning is in the offing for tomorrow, then mostly low 30ies.

Good old Walt Crankcase, that is the way it was.

Just got inside from shoveling. Even though we have a big snow blower I really don't like to use it. It's built for a bigger person. Anyway, shoveled my drive and neighbor's twice today. Got all the snow off the trucks. Temps are suppose to really dip tonight so didn't want to fight with frozen doors tomorrow. Got about 8" of snow. Suppose to stop snowing around 6PM Good exercise day!

edit: I think this is the first time that my ponytail froze.

Crazy... It was 82 yesterday, this morning it's 28 with sleet.

Wow!!! And I thought the temperatures were extreme here.

It was 86 yesterday, 80 at 1 AM or so when I went to bed.... and it's 39 now, and that's nowhere near as bad as at your location. It's been bad enough, though. There's a strong COLD wind blowing hard, too, that makes it feel like it's in the teens.

We have a freeze warning for tonight.

:peace:I surrender! Give us our warm weather back! :LOL:

I just had about 4 inches of mostly pea-sized hail. Good thing that stopped. Now it is snowing heavily! This is supposed to continue through the evening. I may have to put the plow back on the truck for this one.

I had to squeegee snow/slush this morning. Then the sun was out for about three hours. Looks like a winter wonderland out there.

In mid May, Hermit? Wow. That's a different world from New Orleans, that's for sure.

Stay safe and I hope you don't have to go anywhere in that mess.

I just had about 4 inches of mostly pea-sized hail. Good thing that stopped. Now it is snowing heavily! This is supposed to continue through the evening. I may have to put the plow back on the truck for this one.

I had to squeegee snow/slush this morning. Then the sun was out for about three hours. Looks like a winter wonderland out there.

I am going to hibernate until this crazy snowstorm is over in Colorado. We just covered the garden. I hope the heavy wet snow doesn't break too many tree branches.

All the winter's Aspenites have long since moved back to their other homes in Malibu.

It's because of the May rains that come every year.

Maybe some will return for the fabulous summer weather.

Last couple of nights the evening news has talked about flash floods in Texas. Everyone all right over there? :)

I think the worst of it has been in the north Texas area, at least in terms of severity of impacts.

It's a typical springtime down here along the Texas Upper Gulf Coast. We're transitioning from winter and its shoulder seasons, when cold fronts actual make it all the way to the ocean. For the next four months, however, the humidity will be up as the prevailing winds swing to the southeast and cool fronts die up north somewhere.

High moisture + a slow moving low pressure wave = Heavy downpours, often in concentrated doses.

One spot north of town had a hail storm a couple of weeks ago that wiped out the inventory at a car dealership.

The emergency folks had to fish a few folks out of their cars and neighborhoods after this one on the south side earlier this week:

The National Weather Service has issued a flash flood warning for southern Harris and northwest Galveston counties until 1:15 a.m. Wednesday.

The alert, issued around 10:30 p.m., said in part:

"Doppler Radar indicated heavy rain across the warned area. Parts of Galveston County received between 6 and 9 inches of rain earlier this evening. Rainfall rates are approaching 3 inches per hour in southern Harris County and a quick 2 to 4 inches of rain will be possible from Webster to Friendswood."

Been cool, windy and grey here in the SF Bay Area but no MUCH needed rain in my area.

Yes, North Texas has been hammered with tornadoes, hail, straight line winds, and torrential never ending rains. Forecast shows rain everyday for the next week or more. I've never seen anything like this since we came to Texas in 1993.

Yes, North Texas has been hammered with tornadoes, hail, straight line winds, and torrential never ending rains. Forecast shows rain everyday for the next week or more. I've never seen anything like this since we came to Texas in 1993.

I think we're getting California's rain. The lakes are filling up (finally). Hey, no rain today, so far. Time to now the lawn.

Sent from my AT100 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

I think we're getting California's rain. The lakes are filling up (finally).

Our local lake is a long way from filling up, but it has gone up 9+ feet in the past couple of weeks and it is still climbing. It's higher than it has been since early 2013 but it still under 10% of capacity and needs to go up another 75 feet to be full.

Gonna take a while...

Attachments

• LakesOnline_LakeLevel.png
    LakesOnline_LakeLevel.png
    36.5 KB · Views: 12
I think we're getting California's rain. The lakes are filling up (finally). Hey, no rain today, so far. Time to now the lawn.

Sent from my AT100 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

SoCal got a good couple of days of rain on Thursday and Friday. Sprinkles today! ☔🌈

This spring has been cooler and wetter than usual in New Mexico. More rain today. The weatherman says we may not even have a fire season this year. Yippee!! :dance:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom