This weather is awful!! 2008-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
A good old fashion show day.
8 to 12 inches over 12 hours over a thin sheet of freezing rain that fell last night. At least it's not going to be real cold until midnight.
Great to be FI and crank up the furnace a couple extra degree, and glad to be RE to just sit around the house for the day. Probably snow blow after lunch and do the down the road elderly lady's driveway for her.

Last week and then the forecast for this week the weather has been more like May than February so we're getting a little spoiled.

DW "gets it" now. Three years age I bought a new snow blower and so far the deepest snow we've had was maybe four inches. If you squinted. So she thinks the new snow blower is the reason and says if we get an appreciable snowfall we'll have to buy a bigger snow blower to keep the snow away.

looks like a great day: "NWS forecast: Snow before 1pm, then rain and snow between 1pm and 2pm, then rain and snow between 2pm and 3pm, then drizzle and patchy fog. Cloudy, with a high near 36. South wind 10 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 35 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible"

Sunny and high 70's all week. Got the veggie garden all planted and have re-potted several deck plants. Love this time of year.

Sunny and high 70's all week. Got the veggie garden all planted and have re-potted several deck plants. Love this time of year.

Do you have a spare bedroom? Haha

Winter Storm Warning here today. 5-10 inches. Started at sunrise and goes until sunset. Temps will not be warm enough for any of it to melt for a long time.

Last night, it was raining and the winds were gusting up to 40 mph. So, all the Carnival (=Mardi Gras) parades schedule for last night were cancelled or postponed.

That's really tough on the float riders, who each spend thousands of dollars on krewe fees and throws, and much of their time throughout the year working to make the parade happen. It's also tough on the kids in the marching bands who have been looking forward to this all year. But high winds can blow floats off bridges and cause deaths, as happened in a parade F was marching in as a teenager back in the 1960's. I think ever since then the city tends to cancel rather than take the risk.

Anyway, today it is cold (for here), just 48F but at least it is sunny and the rains and wind seem to have stopped.

Last night, it was raining and the winds were gusting up to 40 mph. So, all the Carnival (=Mardi Gras) parades schedule for last night were cancelled or postponed.

That's really tough on the float riders, who each spend thousands of dollars on krewe fees and throws, and much of their time throughout the year working to make the parade happen. It's also tough on the kids in the marching bands who have been looking forward to this all year. But high winds can blow floats off bridges and cause deaths, as happened in a parade F was marching in as a teenager back in the 1960's. I think ever since then the city tends to cancel rather than take the risk.

Anyway, today it is cold (for here), just 48F but at least it is sunny and the rains and wind seem to have stopped.
Thats too bad my.dad and uncles are down there. Will they reschedule?

Supposed to be mid 50s, and sunny in Northern Ohio...heading to a bird sanctuary, and Amish lunch tomorrow.

Only hit 55 degrees today in FLA.
Actually did feel cold.

A bright sunny day at 51°! Snow has melted from on side of the roof. They're calling for rain and a little snow this weekend. Love the sun but we need more snow badly. Last year at this time we had around 10 feet of snowfall, we're not going to be near that unless something really changes quickly..

Here is a link to a video clip showing what happens to a colony of bats when their nightly foray to harvest bugs coincides with an approaching thunderstorm.

The National Weather Service's Doppler radar picked up signals of a colony of millions of Mexican free-tailed bats leaving the Frio Bat Cave in Uvalde County as a massive thunderstorm raged well to their west....

The intense downdrafts from the thunderstorm's torrential rains created what's known as a gust front -- the boundary where those downdrafts race outward from the thunderstorm.

You can see it all unfold on the radar animation -- the thunderstorm in the far west; the thin line of the gust front and the expanding ring of bats leaving the cave.

And you can see what happens when that line of strong winds hits the colony -- it acts almost like an invisible broom!

Anyone notice that the weather in the Mid-Atlantic has been perfect? The best ever, IMO.

A few days ago we had an overnight rain storm. Everything watered at once. The last couple of days have been amazing. Saturday we ate outside. I would do it more, but too many insects drive us nuts. Not this week. The last couple of days the temperature, low humidity, and my not getting attacked by mosquitoes have been terrific. I only came inside as it was my bedtime.

Past two weeks have been near perfect for this time of year W Florida. We have had some nice rain in the afternoon every few days to keep everything green, yet the humidity has been relatively low. Pretty sweet.

Anyone notice that the weather in the Mid-Atlantic has been perfect? The best ever, IMO.

A few days ago we had an overnight rain storm. Everything watered at once. The last couple of days have been amazing. Saturday we ate outside. I would do it more, but too many insects drive us nuts. Not this week. The last couple of days the temperature, low humidity, and my not getting attacked by mosquitoes have been terrific. I only came inside as it was my bedtime.

Here in Midwest weather has been perfect as well. A bit windy but sometimes thats a good thing especially keepin skeeters at bay. Funny you mentioned ive told a few people its been absolutely perfect.

This weather is awful!!

Jealous. Gulf coat here, mid 90s, sunny, and humid.

Thankfully we’re still getting below 80 at night (for now)

It’s been in the low 70s in SF Bay Area all spring but will rise soon. Living in motorhome so will move to Sierras for the summer soon.

We're a couple of hours south of you and yeah, the weather's been pretty near perfect, more like late Sept./early Oct. with low humidity. We're going to enjoy it while we can!

It's been pretty warm in our neck of the woods, but the humidity has been reasonable the last week and has made it quite pleasant to be outside. We are needing some rain, though...so if you folks out east could send some out here, we would appreciate it! :)

60's and rainy for most of the past week here. Due to start a warming trend this next week.
Its been crazy, some days its a 20 degree difference from day to day!

Into summer we go. Highs in the low 80s and 40-50 at night. It dropped into the 30s early in the week. It's dry with not much chance of rain for a while. Forest fires in the distance are making it very hazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom