This weather is awful!! 2008-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Central West FLA, it will be 87-92 degrees every single day currently through Sept.
Doesn't matter to me, as I still do everything outside that I wish to, except for the frequent short pour.

^ that would kill me!
We have a warm day today about 92 but we have dry heat here. We have lows in low 50's and 40's and usually mid 70's till high noon here. We have had less then a handful of 90 degrees this year so far, and that is a good thing.
I'm a winter person and can't wait for ice fishing, snow shoeing and hunting in the cold and snowy weather.

Last edited:
High of 102F here today, yesterday 103F. Hot, hot, hot!! And so humid.

Also we have a mandate to wear masks outside as well as inside, starting tomorrow. It sounds terribly miserable for those working outside. :(

98 right now. Went for a mountain bike ride this morning and it was only in the high 70’s.

High of 102F here today, yesterday 103F. Hot, hot, hot!! And so humid.

Also we have a mandate to wear masks outside as well as inside, starting tomorrow. It sounds terribly miserable for those working outside. :(

Hey Tampa has still never had a 100 degree day, but the "real feel" temperature is usually a high of 106 daily.

104 here in SE AZ, could be worse, probably close to 120 in Phoenix.

Actually, 116 in Phoenix today. But it’s a dry heat. ��

103 degrees in my 'hood right now and the heat index is 121. :dead:

We're close to you in North Texas but further away from the DFW thermal mass. Today was 99 with a heat index of 106. Yesterday was 101 with a heat index of 111. Unusually humid for this time of year. We had a brief thunderstorm blow through about 3am with 40-50mpg gusts. Not much rain but it rearranged some stuff on the patio.

I went to Mineral Wells Tx today for an errand. The temperature reach 110 but was mostly 108 for the hour I was there. 18 miles east in Weatherford TX it was about 101. Odd to see the large of a variation in such a short distance.

We actually had the coolest weekend this Summer so far (around 80*) so I got busy with firewood, and hauled in another 200 bales of hay for our horses.

Last week was an average of 95* in the day, and 75* at night, and humid as hell with heat indexes well over 100*.

I still get things done in the heat, but just wear less clothes.

This weather is awful!!

Every morning starts off at 100% humidity. Then drops off a little. AM temps last 2 weeks or so at 72 going up into the low 90’s. Tough to find a good time to go running. Humidity makes breathing a chore.

We had Junuary this year. So far the first two weeks of July are Juluary. My basil, peppers and tomatoes are taking their own good time growing up. Any who cares can send me about 4-6 degrees of heat each day.

Last edited:
We had Junuary this year. So far the first two weeks of July are Juluary. My basil, peppers and tomatoes are taking their own good time growing up. Any who cares can send my about 4-6 degrees of heat each day.

I’m certain that those of us in southern AZ are more than happy to assist you with a donation of 5, 10, 15 or even 20 degrees. That might even get us below 90 for a few minutes. Please submit your request to Governor Doug Ducey with “Give Me Your Heat” in the subject line :dance:. Sorry, but we don’t accept heat returns.

Expecting 80 degree heat all week long, but usually cools down in the 60s at night.
May be using the AC. I guess I can't complain!
I would not do well with 100+ heat!! Stay cool and hydrated everyone. :)

It is already 95F at just 10:45 AM, so I expect that today will be our 6th day in a row over 100F. Rain is predicted again too, although lately our daily rains don't seem to be enough to cut back on the heat.

Thank goodness for air conditioning! Going outside feels like walking into a furnace.

We go to the gym on MWF, but all this hot weather makes me less than enthusiastic about that today.

I’m certain that those of us in southern AZ are more than happy to assist you with a donation of 5, 10, 15 or even 20 degrees. That might even get us below 90 for a few minutes. Please submit your request to Governor Doug Ducey with “Give Me Your Heat” in the subject line :dance:. Sorry, but we don’t accept heat returns.

I shouldn't complain. The heat is turned off. And the fans and A/C barely run. Normal cooking in the morning heats the house up just fine, and opening a window after lunch keeps it comfortable most of the day. Covid is saving big dollars on automobile costs and the weather is saving me more on utilities. It's the gloom outside that gets to me. My kingdom for some solar radiation.

It is already 95F at just 10:45 AM, so I expect that today will be our 6th day in a row over 100F.

Thank goodness for air conditioning! Going outside feels like walking into a furnace.

We go to the gym on MWF, but all this hot weather makes me less than enthusiastic about that today. Besides, what's the point since with the worsening virus situation in Louisiana and many other states, I am thinking the governor will probably close down our gyms again later this week or next week. Bah humbug, pooh, and fooey. :ermm:

AZ is the poster child for failed early openings (not that I’m trying to take away any credit from FL). COVID-19 is totally out of control here and many people still refuse to wear masks or practice social distancing. Bars and restaurants have been jammed. Some thought heat would kill the virus - obviously not. While it won’t be as hot as last week here, it will be close to 110 for the next 8 days. It may be a dry heat, but it’s still brutal. And car batteries die within 3 years - just experienced that personally. So dead, in fact, that it took AAA to deliver and install a new battery. But winter here is nice - and almost never any snow, and even then, no accumulation :cool:.

Mod note: Since this is a general weather thread, and we have a lot of folks deliberately NOT reading the covid-sub-forum to avoid the topic, let's please keep covid/virus/mask impacts out of this discussion.

Thanks!

While it won’t be as hot as last week here, it will be close to 110 for the next 8 days. It may be a dry heat, but it’s still brutal. And car batteries die within 3 years - just experienced that personally. So dead, in fact, that it took AAA to deliver and install a new battery. But winter here is nice - and almost never any snow, and even then, no accumulation :cool:.
True. We get a lot of summer rains with our heat, but at least we don't have to shovel rain. :) Your heat has been awful lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom