This weather is awful!! 2008-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
REW -- Ick. We know folks here who live out in large rural lots outside of town who see these, and scorpions, and rattlers and all... truth be told, living in the city limits, I've never seen ONE of any of these on my property, and it's almost a half acre. A handful of wolf spiders about the size of an old silver dollar and some rather beautiful large garden spiders (argiope aurantia), yes, but none of these...

The rain seems to have stirred up the wildlife. I found this in my garage a few minutes ago:
Yeah, but they eat scorpions by the bucketful and sharpen their fangs on fire ants, right?

The rain seems to have stirred up the wildlife. I found this in my garage a few minutes ago:

img_854653_0_415da5aeb6e0bd12a52217af5248f394.jpg

Cool! But don't mail it to me. :)

I hope some administrator or moderator reads this post as I am getting agitated with this thread. Since I joined this forum I have been getting private emails from this thread. Everytime someone makes a post, I get an email. It's the only thread that does that. What is going on?

I hope some administrator or moderator reads this post as I am getting agitated with this thread. Since I joined this forum I have been getting private emails from this thread. Everytime someone makes a post, I get an email. It's the only thread that does that. What is going on?

Sounds like you have unintentionally "subscribed" to this thread. You can unsubscribe. Go to "UserCP" (above, in the blue bar across the page). Then go down to subscriptions and unsubscribe. That should take care of it.

Even better, go into your profile, choose Edit Options, and set your Default Thread Subscription option to no email. Then if you accidently subscribe again you won't get the email.

The first 'cold' front of the season is hitting as I type - and it is raining. High temp today may be only in the 70's. The brutal summer heat is finally behind us and hopefully the drought will soon be as well.

The first 'cold' front of the season is hitting as I type - and it is raining. High temp today may be only in the 70's. The brutal summer heat is finally behind us and hopefully the drought will soon be as well.
Rained all night here, too. The dog was freaking out all night because of the thunder -- pacing around, jumping on the bed, pacing on the bed, panting heavily....

We've had nearly 7" of rain so far this month. Lows tonight should drop into the upper 50s. Currently 66º and all the windows are open.

It's amazing how quickly everything turns green.

Time for the floods. :D

Our weather has been spectacular, and I do appreciate all of our rains at this time of the year. But the very, very best thing is that New Orleans has not been threatened by any hurricanes or even tropical storms so far this year. I am hoping this continues. :whistle:

This has to have been one of the warmest and most beautiful Septembers ever. Sky is blue. Temps in the upper 60s to 70s during the day.

This has to have been one of the warmest and most beautiful Septembers ever. Sky is blue. Temps in the upper 60s to 70s during the day.

Here too. It was 30 degrees C (86 degrees F) on Saturday. Meals al fresco are the order of the day!

This is weird. Just completed day #2 of no A/C required. In September!
The high at my place was only 73, when the sun came out for 15 minutes or so. Now it's dropped down to 59 just before midnight Wed.
Supposed to be back in the 80's over the weekend, then 90's on Monday. That big cold front late Monday really knocked down the temps, but gulf moisture is riding up over the top and threatening more rain.

Typical fall weather here - alternating days of rain, partly sunny, rain, partly sunny. Daytime temps are in mid 70s, with crisp mornings in the 40s.
Fall colors are just starting to blaze on some of the maples. :D
Farmers are harvesting cow corn between the raindrops. Haying is impossible due to so much rain, so the fields are full of local wildflowers. :flowers:

After the summer drought, all of the grass in parks, fields, and vacant lots was brown. Rains began last week, and overnight everything is green again! Whoopee! :dance:

If I keep repeating "It will not snow or freezing rain near the Ontario shore of Lake Erie this winter" will it happen?

If I keep repeating "It will not snow or freezing rain near the Ontario shore of Lake Erie this winter" will it happen?
What is this thing you call "snow"?

Ahhh...fall in TX, when the leaf falls from a tree....

It was 56º here when I woke up this morning. And the heater -- yes, the *heater* -- kicked in for a few minutes. In Texas. In September.

Nothing boring about Texas weather this year! That's outrageous. Bet it feels good after being cooked alive for three months, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom