This weather is awful!! 2008-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not too many weeks ago we were hitting 100 just about every day. Suddenly a cold front comes through and it's 38º when I woke up this morning...

Same thing. 100 last week, projected to be 85 today and 40 tomorrow morning. However, since it is only 72, I doubt we will make it that high. Fire watch because of the high winds and 5% humidity.

Well, fall's over.

It's only the third of November (when the weather typically turns rainy) and already we've had three Nov days when it rained for more than a hour. So far this morning has been nine hours of rain.

Last night at taekwondo, the dojang was actually a bit cool (until we started the class). I drove the car home afterward without turning on the air conditioner. Our solar water heater, which usually ends the day at 150 degrees, was barely above 130. When I got up this morning it was a bitter-cold 72 degrees.

Today I'll probably shift from tank tops to short-sleeve t-shirts. I'll also have to check my emergency supply of long-sleeve t-shirts (both of them), jeans (one pair), and socks (five-- maybe even six-- pair). Tomorrow we'll try to find the hot chocolate mix.

We'll spend the rest of the week winterizing the home: searching for all the open windows, marking their location on the house plans for quick reference, and making sure that we know how to close them...

It's supposed to get close to 70 today. Most people would like that, but to me it's a little warm for November. I really enjoy the season changes. If November stays about 30-45 with no snow, I'll be very happy.

It's about 70° here also, but I'm coping.:D All I can come up with to indicate season change is the early sunsets and this scene yesterday, not much leaf changing here so I enjoy whatever is there, best guess is they are shooting a Macy's ad:

Attachments

• IMG_6379.jpg
    IMG_6379.jpg
    714.2 KB · Views: 0
Record Report
Statement as of 04:09 PM MST on November 03, 2009

... Record high temperature set at Phoenix AZ...

a record high temperature of 96 degrees was set at Phoenix AZ today. This breaks the old record of 94 set last in 1931.

It's supposed to get close to 70 today. Most people would like that, but to me it's a little warm for November. I really enjoy the season changes. If November stays about 30-45 with no snow, I'll be very happy.

High of 42 here. Low of 31. I'll trade you. Season changes are highly overrated. Give me 75 and sunny with a low of 65 365 days a year and i'll be happy. Whats that leave me with? Coastal San Diego the closest thing? Maybe Pacific Beach?

High of 42 here. Low of 31. I'll trade you. Season changes are highly overrated. Give me 75 and sunny with a low of 65 365 days a year and i'll be happy. Whats that leave me with? Coastal San Diego the closest thing? Maybe Pacific Beach?

Now that sounds wonderful to me come February.:greetings10: It's funny but most late summers, during the hot and HUMID days here in Nebraska, I get sort of a reverse SAD. I hibernate with the AC during that time and then fall hits and I'm ready to get out and about.

Frost on windshield every morning now, but the midday temps get up to mid 40s. Very cloudy this time of year. Sigh...:rolleyes:
But...newsflash...the sun shined (shone?) today until 1 PM! Wooohooooooooo And...it is NOT snowing.

You gotta look for the silver linings at this latitude. :cool:

I saw a little snow Yesterday at 42 N 80 W. Actually yesterday there was sun, cloud, rain, colder rain, sleet, ice and snow.

Who would have thought? A hurricane in mid-November, albeit a mild one. :( Although there are coastal hurricane watches in our area, they do not extend to New Orleans.

Still, our local TV meteorologists are saying that we will have severe storms tonight, extending through tomorrow and the storm should make landfall sometime tomorrow night near Mobile. Also, locally tides will be five to six feet above normal. Thank goodness, I am not in an area affected by tides.

Here in New Orleans, we can expect stormy weather and localized flooding in the usual spots over the next day or two. One of the usual spots is the only reasonable route from my work to my home (due to a freeway and railroad tracks between the two). Usually it is the first road closed around here. Hopefully I will be retired and back home before there is any flooding, and then I can just thumb my nose at my co-workers who will have to go many miles out of their way to get home tomorrow.

Last edited:
Wow, a memorable retirement day...hurricane and all!! Be safe, W2R.

It's snowing...:blink:....:eek:......:blink:

Attachments

• DSC01156.jpg
    DSC01156.jpg
    785.8 KB · Views: 2
It's snowing...:blink:....:eek:......:blink:

Totally amazing! We have been told that there is a slight (though very low) chance of snow here by the end of the week. (Yeah, right! :rolleyes: I seriously doubt it).

Yesterday it was dark, windy, and rainy all day here, high barely 50.

Yep... Statistics will probably prove me wrong, but I don't ever remember snow this early in December, especially with a forecast of two inches. I've lived in the D/FW area for 15 years.

Snow in Texas is like sex: you never know how many inches you'll get, or how long it will last...

Thanks for the compliments on my yard. :) Here is a pic from last year. We're going to make some changes in the spring. Oy...my back hurts just thinking about it.

Attachments

• DSC00095.jpg
    DSC00095.jpg
    907.1 KB · Views: 5
Yep... Statistics will probably prove me wrong, but I don't ever remember snow this early in December, especially with a forecast of two inches. I've lived in the D/FW area for 15 years.
Our current forecast for Friday is a high of 35ºF, a low of 22ºF and a 70% chance of snow, with accumulation of 2" possible...

Yep...ours is about the same. There will be a mad dash for the grocery store in the next couple of days. People around here freak out at the thought of snow. :LOL: I lived in St. Louis for 8 years...and still have the memory of what snow is really like..

Snow in Texas is like sex: you never know how many inches you'll get, or how long it will last...
So what does that mean for a Noo Yawker living SE of Lake Ontario?

When it blows just the right way, expect lots of it and it is guaranteed to last for months. :cool:
Ain't gonna be calling no doctor after 4 hours at this latitude. :whistle:

PS Only got 2 inches yesterday. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom