This weather is awful!! 2008-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did put some water in there for him but sadly, he was DOA this morning. Most likely from exhaustion, it was pretty nasty outside and I figured he'd be better off left in the garage overnight and then released in the morning.

At least I tried.
Yes, you did. :flowers:
I've had small birds get into my screened porch before we installed a locking door. The previous door would swing open in high winds and get stuck open.
I didn't even notice them until...um...well you know. :(

You guys up north are getting record snowfall, I think we have to be having record rainfall here. It just won't stop, day after day after day...I feel like Forrest Gump.
“It was as if they turned on a faucet. One day it started raining, and it didn’t quit for four months. We been through every kind of rain there is. Little bitty stingin’ rain… and big ol’ fat rain. Rain that flew in sideways. And sometimes rain even seemed to come straight up from underneath.”

It's been snowing for a while now. We're supposed to get 5 inches...that's ok, I don't have to go anywhere.....:greetings10:

I wish you would keep it, but looks like it is headed our way. Suppose to get some during the night and through noon tomorrow. But that's ok, I've stocked up.
img_903410_0_0ff25d720d269205de68fc80b5a9b3e4.gif

Oh Purron, I love that movie! If I've seen it once, I've seen it 25 times. :D

One of my kitties thought she wanted to go out in the backyard this afternoon. I opened the door, she walked out, a snowflake drifted on her head and she
CatMad3.gif

She's 18 years old...it took a lot of energy for her to fuzz up! :LOL:

I did put some water in there for him but sadly, he was DOA this morning. Most likely from exhaustion, it was pretty nasty outside and I figured he'd be better off left in the garage overnight and then released in the morning.

At least I tried.

Poor little bird. You have a kind heart.

Yes it is nuts.

I've finally given up on trying to dress for the weather. I just wear layers now....I feel like a banana.

Or an onion?
Don't forget your boots, now!

I am in balmy British Columbia this week and am ROLFLMAO at all you USians' adventures with real winter! :LOL:

I am in balmy British Columbia this week and am ROLFLMAO at all you USians' adventures with real winter! :LOL:

Well, our best friends are in Panama right now. You can't imagine the grief we're gettin' from them:D

Or an onion?
Don't forget your boots, now!
Yes...an onion is more like it! As far as mah boots go, they're for the indoor activities....:cool:

Just took a pic of my backyard and even though it's late, everything is rather bright outside. The pic is kind of fuzzy since I didn't use the flash.

Attachments

• DSC01304.jpg
    DSC01304.jpg
    412 KB · Views: 2

Ah so Nords and I aren't the only ones guilty of schadenfreude. I'm guessing complaining that water is a little cold for swimming or surfing isn't going to garner much sympathy.

Sleet and snow have been reported south of Lake Ponchartrain in New Orleans tonight! More wintry mix expected tonight and maybe more snow tomorrow, an unusual event here.

The last time it snowed significantly I was STUCK INSIDE AT WORK :banghead:without my camera and didn't get any photos at all. :mad: Tomorrow if it snows during the day and sticks, I'll be able to get photos. :D

Yes...an onion is more like it! As far as mah boots go, they're for the indoor activities....:cool:

Just took a pic of my backyard and even though it's late, everything is rather bright outside. The pic is kind of fuzzy since I didn't use the flash.

Heard on the news that you guys had 12", pretty amazing. It's coming down here. Here is an early morning pic. I'll take another when it has done what's it's going to do.

Attachments

• snow.jpg
    snow.jpg
    839.4 KB · Views: 3
We have set a record in the Metroplex. Pretty stuff, as long as it's gone today. What annoys me is Direct TV HD is gone. I guess I must climb on the roof and brush the snow out of the dish, but it's a tad icy up there this morning. Oh well, the laptop connection is still working.

Road hazards anticipated following record snows in Dallas-Fort Worth | Top Stories | New...

quote:
North Texans are waking up to an extraordinary winter landscape, having gained a record-breaking 11 inches of snow Thursday, (another 1.5 inches fell after midnight) but hazards lurk beneath the ivory crust.
unquote

Geesh, it's a mess here too. Ellis county. Limbs are down all around my house. Trees and shrubs aren't used to having this kind of weight. Time to break out the saws and go to work. :(

Heard on the news that you guys had 12", pretty amazing. It's coming down here. Here is an early morning pic. I'll take another when it has done what's it's going to do.

Looks like you may not have as much as we have now 50 miles south of you. Still snowing, but most people have made their way to work with no problem.
Wife is slightly PO'd because I did not take the opportunity to stay home.
Not to worry in the future, though, as I will be outta heah at the end of March.

Sleet and snow have been reported south of Lake Ponchartrain in New Orleans tonight! More wintry mix expected tonight and maybe more snow tomorrow, an unusual event here.

The last time it snowed significantly I was STUCK INSIDE AT WORK :banghead:without my camera and didn't get any photos at all. :mad: Tomorrow if it snows during the day and sticks, I'll be able to get photos. :D

This morning: Nothing. Ice cold rain in New Orleans, 39 degrees.... :rolleyes:

Watching the TV coverage of snow coming down in Amite, Louisiana.

Ah so Nords and I aren't the only ones guilty of schadenfreude. I'm guessing complaining that water is a little cold for swimming or surfing isn't going to garner much sympathy.
Dude.

Why, gosh, yesterday I was surfing in 74-degree water and it was raining and after just 90 minutes my hands were numb. I was shivering so hard that the beach shower felt warm, and it took the entire drive home without air conditioning* for me to warm up!

*I've never turned on the heat in this car and wasn't sure how to do it, let alone whether it would operate safely...

Dude.

Why, gosh, yesterday I was surfing in 74-degree water and it was raining and after just 90 minutes my hands were numb. I was shivering so hard that the beach shower felt warm, and it took the entire drive home without air conditioning* for me to warm up!

*I've never turned on the heat in this car and wasn't sure how to do it, let alone whether it would operate safely...

Oh Nords! I can't get mad at you though. I'll never forget the helpful tips you gave me when DH broke is arm this past summer. We still have a big bottle of the aloe with the lidocane you recommended. That stuff saved him from going insane.

BTW, his arm is doing great now. He had no problem shoveling the 5 foot drifts.

Dude.

How about pulling my finger?;) Got the mutt out for a little fun in the snow. He had a good time too, his first snow. Funny, we have had some snow for 3 straight years. Prior to that, maybe 1 over a 10 year span.:-\ Actually snow is pretty neat here. You get to enjoy it for a day or 2 and then its gone. Probably will get to play golf next week.:)

Attachments

• snow2010 023.jpg
    snow2010 023.jpg
    407.6 KB · Views: 2
  • snow2010 032.jpg
    snow2010 032.jpg
    477.2 KB · Views: 1
I am just astounded beyond words at what is going on with the snow down in the mid-Atlantic and Southern states. And boy do I know my snow. :cool:
Here in Lake Effect Country, we are getting nothing but light dustings.
Ooops..I know better than to say things like that. :hide:

I just heard that there is snow in every single state except Hawaii right now. What a winter.

I just heard that there is snow in every single state except Hawaii right now. What a winter.

Oh boy. This will get Nords goin' again for sure;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom