This weather is awful!! 2008-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
When we moved here from St. Louis 16 years ago we laughed at people when they thought 50 degree weather was nippy...
bbbamI, it's all up to you, make it be nippy!

Ha

...maybe i'll buy my parents vacant land in Arkansas. It's in the middle of no where bordered on 3 sides by state forest so I know I won't have any loud neighbors.

Unless they amplify that banjo...

bbbamI, it's all up to you, make it be nippy!

Ha

Make that two...

Weather is great today; what's awful is that I'm stuck indoors at w*rk...

We are having atypical weather. Warm very moist winds from the South Pacific produce temps from low 60s to low 70s, clouds, and very high humidity. It is sticky and yucky.

Ha

It was 85 and muggy here yesterday. Today forecasted to be about 80 and it's still muggy.

Turned on the heat last night. Summer's over.

Despite the outside temp getting down into the 30's a few nights/mornings i've held off turning the heat on so far. Looks like saturday night/sunday morning could go below freezing so I don't think i'll be able to hold off much longer.

The weather is absolutely beautiful and the leaves are golden.

Heh...I've realized I've been in TX too long when the 50's seem chilly to me. When we moved here from St. Louis 16 years ago we laughed at people when they thought 50 degree weather was nippy...
It got down to 68 the other morning and I was freezing!!! I think it's supposed to be 64 this morning. Brrrrrrrrrr!!

Audrey

Lovely day here too. 70F, not a cloud, light breeze. Laundry weather.

The ash tree in our backyard, always the first to change color in the fall, turned a solid yellow overnight. It is already dropping leaves like crazy. The maple and elm will follow shortly.

Autumn's here.

First lake effect snow forecast this morning north and west of me. Hopefully I continue having luck with lake effect where it surrounds me but very little actually falls in my area.

First frost all the way to the ground (yesterday was just some rooftops).

Well, here it is, the first winter storm watch for this season. Could be up to 6 inches of snow Tuesday night into Wednesday. Another good reason to move out of this area.

Well, here it is, the first winter storm watch for this season. Could be up to 6 inches of snow Tuesday night into Wednesday. Another good reason to move out of this area.

Yuck!!! Not looking forward to that. We're not going to get snow with this storm thankfully. The weather guy said that the winds could be equivlant to a catagory 3 hurricane though with likely power outages on tuesday. Could get some flurries on wednesday night and will have heavy frost thursday night/friday morning.

Yuck!!! Not looking forward to that. We're not going to get snow with this storm thankfully. The weather guy said that the winds could be equivlant to a catagory 3 hurricane though with likely power outages on tuesday. Could get some flurries on wednesday night and will have heavy frost thursday night/friday morning.
Yeah, we're looking for wind gusts up to 50mph.

We had some very slight white flakes the other day. Not enough to cover much less stick.
I have arranged for plowing service this year for the un-princely sum of $300 for the season. That is a deal considering the cumulative amount of lake effect snowfall in my neck of the woods.
I got a discount because a) I do not need the driveway plowed at 5 AM, and b) the plow guy is a long term friend with the same birthday as me, only a few years older. :D

Possibly severe storms tomorrow (no snow yet). There has been some frost.

Suddenly, after a glorious October, we have been hit by our more usual levels of oppressive humidity (and heat, of course). I couldn't even keep the back door open to air out my house, as has been my habit this month.

We are told to expect a cold front soon and I am looking forward to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom