This weather is awful!! 2008-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just hang on. In a few short months, you will get your wish, and then some.

It wasn't that long ago when we shared tales of snow drift, ice dams on roofs, and relatives being stranded in snow storms. Before we know it, winter comes around again. And we are all getting older and older, faster than we could imagine...

97 in northern Il yesterday. I called the local nursery to see what time they closed. The lady said they were closing early because of the heat. I asked if the plants were dying - she said no, but the workers could.

Heat advisory again today - perfect day for brewing beer outside - it should reach boiling temp a lot faster.

We had a perfect day today, after long stretches of massive heat, humidity, and thunderstorms. Today was ~80 degrees, nice breeze, partly cloudy, and decent humidity. Not sure how long it will last, but thank you God for the break.

today is the second day over 90 degrees. Too hot to do anything but lie on the sofa and read. It's supposed to cool off a bit by Tuesday. I'm checking the weather where I plan to move to after retirement. It was over 90 there yesterday, but cooled off today, and overnight lows were in the fifties, so you can store "coolth" in your house during the night to moderate the temperature next day. It's still much warmer than that here, even at 11 PM. Just for fun, I looked up Juneau, Alaska, the place I always tell myself I will move to if I want to live somewhere it really never gets hot. Tomorrow's high is supposed to be 68, and all-time records for the rest of the month are in the high 70's. Ahhhh.....

Today will be day 15-in-a-row over 100 degrees. Expecting 100s all week. I'm vacationing in Colorado next weekend. I expect unseasonably hot weather to arrive about then...

It's "mid-summer" here... rain and 64F for the last two days. I don't think we've had four days over 75F in the last six weeks. Just before that, of course, we had 95 and no rain for a week, and our tomatoes shrivelled; now, they have no time to catch up. If we don't get 3-4 days of consecutive fine weather in the next 10 days, summer will have been a total bust. Same for much of the northern half of Europe.

As of July 30, we were having a "mild" summer; we reached 100 exactly twice up through and including July 30.

We've had 23 straight over 100 since. Is it October yet?

We've had 23 straight over 100 since. Is it October yet?
Seems it feels like October to DH as he's in Wyoming. He said it was around 70 degrees. :rant:

He shouldn't tell me about that since I'm enduring the TX heat. :p

Psst! No, not Wellesley, sidecar... :cool:
Good gosh almighty...no...that's not my style. I keep thinkin' about that sucker comin' unhinged and me careening toward a ditch in a sardine can! :LOL:

If it's too long a trip for one-up, I'll keep my tookus parked at home. :)

I didn't think that I would ever weigh-in on this thread but... Right now in Des Moines, Iowa, it is 90° --"Humidity 56%, feels like 98°." We spent a very inactive afternoon, exploring the "Bridges of Madison County" and I am exhausted. This is terrible.

Miserable day here 90 degrees, 63% humidity, and wind gusts to 40mph.

Ah, those poor Texans... :cool:

Temperature here 104 today. Forecast says going higher than 110 in the next couple of days.

Again, people, move to TX, not AZ. You will thank me.

It was 94 degrees at our high today...and 73% average humidity. My sunglasses steamed up when I went outside. Blech!

But, but, but you miss the view of the road from a side car, like dis...
:eek:........:LOL:

Heaven help the person that got me in a sidecar and took me on a ride like that. After I was able to stand up straight and my eyeballs slowed down in my head there would be a butt kickin' goin' on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom