This weather is awful!! 2008-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a balmy minus 30 degrees Centigrade this morning (minus 22 degrees Fahrenheit) and the sun is shining in a blue sky. Luckily no wind chilll. Exhaust fog is everywhere. Furnace is working overtime. Dressing for work involves Michelin Man fashion.

Tomorrow is expected to be a little warmer but with the wind chill it will feel like minus 35 C (minus 31 F).

It's a balmy minus 30 degrees Centigrade this morning (minus 22 degrees Fahrenheit) and the sun is shining in a blue sky. Luckily no wind chilll. Exhaust fog is everywhere. Furnace is working overtime. Dressing for work involves Michelin Man fashion.

Tomorrow is expected to be a little warmer but with the wind chill it will feel like minus 35 C (minus 31 F).

Guess that means, the convertible top stays up, and no scarf blowing in the wind?;)

It was 38 F this morning in western PA. Next week the weatherfolks are promising 8 and 9 F overnight.

I cut a visit with a buddy in northern Wisconsin short and came home late Friday after looking at the weather forecast. It's a good thing I did as I'd have been stuck there for days now and we were running low on beer. It's crappy here in Chicago but I don't have to go out, the house is well provisioned and there's a fire in the wood stove.......

The temps are dropping into the 50's this week . We always have a cold spell at this time of year . Time to get out the down comforter & turn on the heat !

Sunny and 15 º C. But it´ll rapidly change for the MUCH worse. Even so, nothing like what you have in some of your States:cool:

Forecast for Eastern Cochise County below 5000 feet
Area Forecast For:
Issued: December 13, 2010 02:14:50 MST

Today: Sunny. Highs 70 to 75..

Tuesday: Sunny. Highs 68 to 73.

Wednesday: Partly cloudy. Highs 66 to 71.

Thursday: Partly cloudy. Highs 62 to 67.

Thursday night through Sunday: Partly cloudy.. Highs 61 to 68.

Forecast for Denver
December 13, 2010 05:30:30 MST

Current temperature: 49

Today: Mostly cloudy. Low 34

Tuesday: Mostly cloudy. Low 36

Wednesday: Snow shower. Low 24

Thursday: Snow shower. Low 22

Friday: Mostly clear. Low 20

Temperatures fell below freezing last night, which meant I had to cover my plants yesterday at dusk. The wind is really whipping through and it is still only 36 out there. It is supposed to get down to 27 tonight.

We do get weather like this some years, but in December? This is like January or February weather. Plus, two days ago it was in the 70's. Nature has a sense of humor, I guess. :)

Dang! I get outraged when the dawn temps get down into the 30s here! ¡No puede ser! It was 35 when we drove the car to service this morning.

But at least supposed to get into the 70s this afternoon!

I wonder what caliber of rifle was used by the shooter on the sidelines...

Temperatures fell below freezing last night, which meant I had to cover my plants yesterday at dusk. The wind is really whipping through and it is still only 36 out there. It is supposed to get down to 27 tonight.

We do get weather like this some years, but in December? This is like January or February weather. Plus, two days ago it was in the 70's. Nature has a sense of humor, I guess. :)

I'm not laughing.:( It's 28 right now with wind in the 15-20 miles per hour neighborhood. Cold as a well digger's butt. But, suppose to get back to 50's Wed and 70 Thursday. Might get in some golf this week after all.

This morning I mentioned to DW that I wish I could go into hibernation until April. Thursday I'm going to take the motorcycle in for the annual inspection (10 minute ride) but after that I think I'll just put it up on the jack in the shed.

Things do not look promising for motorcycle riding....

7-Day Forecast for Latitude 39.39°N and Longitude 77.98°W

Guess that means, the convertible top stays up, and no scarf blowing in the wind?;)

It was 38 F this morning in western PA. Next week the weatherfolks are promising 8 and 9 F overnight.
Heck, I'm in eastern PA and the vert top is still down (it's in the garage, of course :whistle: ).

However, the SRX has "new boots" to try out on the eventual snow. I want to see how they work...

Heck, I'm in eastern PA and the vert top is still down (it's in the garage, of course :whistle: ).

However, the SRX has "new boots" to try out on the eventual snow. I want to see how they work...

Graspic.

That is a brand of snow tire for gutter minded. And very very good if I might say so.

They work great on my 88 Jag. Which is otherwise useless in snow with the open differential. 4" or so snow in the forecast. I will make it to the coffee shop. Besides, the snow plows are hard at work.

Cheers for the working man.

Ice was in my pond this morning and icicles were hanging off one of the fountains. Rather lovely....:)

In a couple of days it should be in the 70's.

Bruce, I hope you get to feelin' better. ...and man, I still laugh when I think about you speaking of 'frozen chicken water and a confused rooster'. :LOL:

By this do you mean no limited slip?

Correct. No limited slip nor locking. The option was available, the original purchaser decided against it.

As opposed to my suburban which has a locking diff.. The two half axles are locked together if more than about 25% spin rate difference is detected. This will hold up to about 30 MPH at which point centrifugal action on the locker will disengage the lock.

Ice was in my pond this morning and icicles were hanging off one of the fountains. Rather lovely....:)

In a couple of days it should be in the 70's.

Bruce, I hope you get to feelin' better. ...and man, I still laugh when I think about you speaking of 'frozen chicken water and a confused rooster'. :LOL:

Think cold is on the way better and the rooster has learned to stay in the barn when it is cold. He still is not too bright though.

It was so windy here that the wind pulled the umbrella right out of the table on my deck & snapped it in half .

No more motorcycle riding...:(

Attachments

• 12 16 10_0837resized.jpg
    12 16 10_0837resized.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 121
  • 12 16 10_0838resized.jpg
    12 16 10_0838resized.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 121
  • 12 16 10_0841resized.jpg
    12 16 10_0841resized.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 121
Had to scrap frost off the INSIDE of the windshield this morning:( Around here we're used to scrapping windows 7 months of the year but not usually the inside of the windows except maybe a couple days in january. I think this is the first time i've had to do it in december:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom