This weather is awful!! 2008-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, no profanity on the forum. The "s" word is prohibited.:D

I probably hate this heat more than anyone else here because of my job. While most others are in a air conditioned office or home I am working 12 hours in 100 degree heat doing manual labor. I have to be very careful. Twice in the last week I have gone down to the ground for a few minutes because I wasn't physically able to stand. At least I didn't pass out like I did once in the past. As much as I dislike this heat it's still not as bad as winter.

Be very careful. When haying many years ago we soaked our shirts and hats with cold water as well as the usual drinking a lot.

It is really, really hot here in the midsection of the country - although I am sure we are faring better than some living in other areas. Still, I much prefer this to the craziness of ice storms and blizzards we get around January and February!

Oh goody, we're having a cold snap! I'll be able to go for a bike ride.

Attachments

• weather.jpg
    weather.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 9
"Thunderstorms likely"? We've forgotten what that is like...

Not me... we have had rain every single day for weeks! Fine with me. The hot, dry Texas summers are the pits, I agree.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    34.7 KB · Views: 10
That is awful! I hope your home and car AC systems are all in tip top condition right now, because you sure need them with temperatures like that.

When weather in the rest of the US is worst it is usually best or at least relatively best here.

Yesterday was our first 80 degree+day this year. Sunny with dry air. Leaving the gym in late afternoon there was a hard breeze blowing off the Bay so I had to put on light sweater.

No wonder town in midsummer is crowded with tourists from all over.

Ha

The sky is blue, the pool is cool, and I'm not complaining. :cool:

Last edited:
Temp is currently 99 @ 9:48...

Day 24 in a row 100 or higher; total 30 this summer.

Attachments

• temps.jpg
    temps.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 5
Why I'm increasingly hoping this is our last Texas summer:

Oh, we'd LOVE to have overnight lows all the way down in the 70's! 104 today, overnight lows have stayed in the 80's for weeks now. My plan for this summer... just to survive. I was out on the tractor to mow last week (mowing the weeds, the grass ain't growin') about 7:30 AM. I was afraid the gas would evaporate quicker than I could use it up!

It's been HOT.
"How hot has it been?"
Well, a few days ago at the mall, I saw a guy cooking two eggs sunnyside up on the hood of a car. I stopped and asked him how long they would take. He said to get them to where the yolks were stiffer, they way he likes them, it would probably take 5 minutes. But that would be longer than usual, because he had just finished cooking a steak dinner for 6 on the same hood, so that cooled it down some. :angel:

Thirty (or is it thirty-one) in a row, and more on the way...

Attachments

• forecast.jpg
    forecast.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 2
Thunderstorms blowing in, it was 109 earlier, now 75 and falling.

If we didn't have company coming I'd seriously consider heading back to New Mexico tomorrow...
Yeah, David Crockett was quoted as saying "You can all go to Hell, I'm going to Texas" circa 1835.

I'd like to know if he was still next to all those folks after the end of those journeys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom