This weather is awful!! 2008-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
No drought of 2012 so far - all is green and nice, and the concern was more about rivers rising. The only bad thing I learned today is that Steely Dan at Ravinia is sold out :(

They're playing two dates, tickets still available for Aug 1st.

Last edited:
It's really hot here, but no spring drought so happy feet. There are a couple of fields nearby that are nice to walk by, this year it's corn. My report includes an elephant's eye.

Hot enough for you this summer? :2funny: Today we broke the heat record here, 97F (at the airport, probably measured inside a refrigerator under an air conditioner). OK, it's not 100's like in Texas but still it is hot, hot, hot.

It was so hot that I about half died working out at the gym and had to cut my routine short. Air conditioners here help a lot but just cannot seem to keep up with the heat, especially in public places like the gym where people are going in and out the doors all the time. My AC here at home is working valiantly and to get even more comfortable I took a cold shower, dressed skimpily, turned on the overhead fan, and aimed a box fan at my easy chair as well. That plus lots of ice water seems to be just perfect.

Last edited:
A sultry 79 in VA, watching the rain on radar march towards us. I heard this is the 17th straight day we have not hit 90. We are happy with that :cool:.

They're calling this "the comfy summer" up here. The corn? It looks like it's climbing clear up to the sky :)

We have had more rain this summer than any previous summers . The good thing is it has kept the temps down . The bad thing is the chemicals in the pool need constant monitoring .

Stinkin' hot in Texas, I'm treating it like January up North. Doing indoor spin classes and staying in the house. I just can't handle over 100. But the neighbors did have their house reroofed this week and the roofers worked all day. Not me!

7 inches of rain in July, have not used the a/c at all. The swamp (evaporative) cooler runs full time, as one of the pups has bronchitis, and the humidity is good for her cough. I am spending way to much time with the weeds eater. I will have to power up the lawnmower.

Here is my lawnmower at work.

ForumRunner_20130807_174201.png

Crappy summer so far in San Francisco. Temps hovering in the 50s-60s, which is fine with me, but the sun is making itself scarce except for a few hours in the afternoon.

Crappy summer so far in San Francisco. Temps hovering in the 50s-60s, which is fine with me, but the sun is making itself scarce except for a few hours in the afternoon.

I guess I never really think of SF as having good weather. It's sort of like Portland, OR, to me. I would not choose to live in either area for the weather, that's for sure.

We have had overcast here in the East Bay the last few mornings, which I hate, but the sunshine peeks out nicely by noon or so.:cool:

If you want some better weather on those overcast days, you could head out to Livermore and check out their wineries. They are often 20 degrees or so warmer than here where I live, in the 90s or as high as 100, but usually still have a pleasant breeze to make it more bearable. There is also a nice little downtown area. It's not SF, but it'll be warmer and sunnier.

Except for the recent bout of frequent rains in the past week this has been a cool summer. Most so far have been in the low to mid 80's and dry. It doesn't get much better than this.

Just now getting hot, we've been below average all summer. Broke 95 this week, Heat index is 104. Just got through mowing the yard. :D Hate to see winter come back.

Mowed grass too yesterday. I was a sweating machine. I'm putting my golf clubs in the closet for now. Just don't enjoy the heat and humidity. But you are right, we have had a mild summer up to this point.

100+ here for a past week, but a cold front moving in for next week...

Attachments

• temps.JPG
    temps.JPG
    26.2 KB · Views: 5
Well, that's what I get for trying to do something productive/useful. I get all the screens off the porch, clean it up nice and I'm ready to put the weather sealing stuff on. But the rain started yesterday and will continue for the next few days.

So I'll just have to find something else to do.:)

Attachments

• forecast.JPG
    forecast.JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 6
Yesterday's high was 77, today's high 37 with a chance of freezing rain the next few days. Tomorrow night's low will be in the teens. Brrrrsky

Might have to tip a bit of JD in mah coffee.

Another good thing about being retired.

Temp is around 60F and raining cats and dogs in SW PA.

Is this going to be one of those cold winters again? Seems to be pretty early for these massive arctic air masses. You know when they make it down all the way to the southern tip of Texas, drop the air temp over 20 degrees in a couple of hours and by 40 degrees the next day, and keep us in highs in the 40s for three days in a row - that is one heck of a Canadian Freight Train! Actually - I think that one last week was a double-header.

Looks like this next one will be a repeat.

We actually had a little frost on the ground last week :eek: ! It's been almost 3 years since I've seen that here.

Kind of worried Jan might get even colder? Anyone seen any articles on the forecast for winter 2013 they can link me? Thanks!

Last edited:
Supposed to drop 30+ farenheits, several inches of snow and ice. Made a grocery run this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom