This weather is awful!! 2008-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes! We don't need any more "beautiful weather" for awhile. Today it is 70's and sunny, and blades of emergent plants are few and far between. Right now I envy all those snow/rain/sleet/hail storms. Just think about how beautiful the flowers are going to be this spring for all you in the East and Southeast!

Hum yes, I went hiking this weekend and everything was dry dry dry. And it doesn't look like we are going to get some rain any time soon.

Last edited:
Hum yes, I went hiking this weekend and everything was dry dry dry. And it doesn't look like we are going to get some rain any time soon.

This year's gardening will consist of clearing out dead tree branches, ladder fuels such as various bushes, leaves, etc. and making regular dump runs...do what we can before fire season really "heats up."

Brings to mind the old quote "Be careful what you wish for. You might get it."

Well, I have my 1 degree (tempwise) to put in my pocket. And my super-warm coat that I rarely wore as it was not cold enough - some years I didn't get to wear it and was disappointed. It makes me look like a moon man!

I am wearing a 25 year old Eddie Bauer down coat that weighs a ton--none of that fashionable lightweight The North Face(tm) look unfortunately. But mostly I try to stay on the warm side of my house's walls--the inside. More subzero cold is coming. And then it is February!

I am wearing a 25 year old Eddie Bauer down coat that weighs a ton--none of that fashionable lightweight The North Face(tm) look unfortunately. But mostly I try to stay on the warm side of my house's walls--the inside. More subzero cold is coming. And then it is February!

My moon suit is actually a North Face bought in the late 90s at a local camping/surplus store. It's black (the idea being it would absorb the sun) and down. I'm really glad I have it this year!

Not sure whether to post here or one of the the car threads. DW's new Honda Accord has been a garage queen since it snowed. My gosh, we can't have it getting dirty!

My once-pristine pickup now looks like I've been slaving in a salt mine.

Temp got into the 20's so I went for a hike. Next arctic blast is coming soon.

Attachments

• 01242014 McKinley Woods11.jpg
    01242014 McKinley Woods11.jpg
    1,016 KB · Views: 27
Don't mind the winter weather too much. Great exercise shoveling and snowblowing. Only regret, bitter cold to go hiking. Felt like my face was frozen so had to quit fairly early and my black pickup is now white from road salt. More snow coming today.

Not sure whether to post here or one of the the car threads. DW's new Honda Accord has been a garage queen since it snowed. My gosh, we can't have it getting dirty!

My once-pristine pickup now looks like I've been slaving in a salt mine.

That is funny, because the exact same thing is happening at our house. DH's new black Camry (over a yr old now) is the garage queen at our house. DH takes me to work my 3 days per week, so that he can use my car the rest of the day. Works for me! He told me that he washed it and the corvette yesterday.

I agree that the cold and the snow is getting old and it doesn't look like it is going to be letting up any time soon. Will need to shovel driveways again when it quits snowing.

Very cold with bursts of light fluffy snow occasionally here in southwestern PA. Have not seen my snow plow guy but I am guessing he won't come until tomorrow a.m. No use shoveling a little myself. I did that yesterday and the wind blew it all over the walks in short order.

I plan to stay at home and get caught up on housekeeping tasks today (I still w*rk). I might breakdown and rent a pay-per-view movie: Blue Jasmine.

We had sleet and freezing rain yesterday and last night here in New Orleans, but today we are expecting a big warm-up with temperatures approaching 60F.

Dreamer, Corvette caught my attention. What year corvette do you have? Ours are snug in the garage for the winter.

My little sister lives in an Atlanta, GA suburb and told me that she even saw snow there. For about ten minutes.

One of her neighbors hails from Chicago and for some reason hauled his snow thrower down there. He eventually sold it to another neighbor moving to MN.

Snowing now in central MN. Blizzard warning for tomorrow. Then temps drop way down for Monday, I think the high is -12 F. Most likely the kiddos will be staying home from school (again). Our local ice fishing contest was today and DH went. He said it was pretty much miserable due to the cold and nasty wind. I told DH today that I will be heading south during the winter after I retire with or without him ;). We will see how that works out ;).

I just got this picture from some friends in my home town. The blizzard went through here last night and is in full force there right now. Zero visibility and no travel advised. You can sort of see where the road is.

Attachments

• 1654350_10151844341691574_2127252910_n.jpg
    1654350_10151844341691574_2127252910_n.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 21
There was something on the news a day or two ago here......our average at this point is 31-32 inches...we have 9 so far this year. Doesn't seem to be anything coming this way to talk about in the next 10 days....so if we don't get a good late season dump the agriculture world around here is going to be very unhappy.

I thought the storm was over here; a half hour ago the sun was shining. It changed in a matter of minutes.

Attachments

• 012614 in Mandan.jpg
    012614 in Mandan.jpg
    238.7 KB · Views: 23
One of the major highways here just closed due to blizzard. I have no recollection of that ever happening here before. This winter will go down in the record books, that's for sure.

Most of North Dakota was under a blizzard warning and no travel advised with the two major highways shut down all day due to dangerous blizzard conditions. This is my 3rd week in ER and I read the weather forecast for Bismarck, ND from my iPad while sitting on the beach here in Grand Cayman IslandHa! It is almost enough to fill guilty! NOT! I am loving ER!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom