This weather is awful!! 2008-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
It finally stopped snowing this afternoon. DH said we got 20 inches. He shoveled stoop, stairs and a path to the street. I told him to wait and do the driveway tomorrow. He has a snow blower, but thinks the snow is too high. He told me that he is getting too old for this. Who knows, maybe we will move away from this winter weather sometime.

Snow storm humor:

Attachments

• Snow Face.jpg
    Snow Face.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 14
  • Snow pic funny.jpg
    Snow pic funny.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 13
It was a sunny day, til this big ole black cloud got overhead. Now, it's starting to snow. In the San Francisco Bay Area. At 277 feet above sea level...

It was a sunny day, til this big ole black cloud got overhead. Now, it's starting to snow. In the San Francisco Bay Area. At 277 feet above sea level...

Wow! That's insane. I wonder if it will stick.

We are back to shorts weather with the high near 80 today. Just a couple of days ago I was wearing my heavy winter coat and winter clothes. This weather is as much of a roller coaster as the stock market; up, then down, then up, then down.... :D

No snow so far in New Orleans this winter, though, which is a good thing. People here (including me) don't know how to drive in snow and it gets really crazy.

It's been beautiful here for the last 4 days 40 degrees every day. Tomorrow we are back in the 20s. No snow in forecast.

None of the snow here survived contact with the ground. Too warm! Up on the local peaks, though, there was some accumulation. The observatory on Mount Hamilton had a few inches of snow on the ground.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

We had a week of spring-like temps with a lot of mud. We are now back to winter. It snowed off and on all day yesterday and it is doing the same today. Scheduled to do the same tomorrow. We probably have between 4 and 5 inches on the ground. I'll plow when it stops snowing if it does not get much deeper.

Don't be jealous, Walt - the fire ants are coming out soon.

That's true, and we don't have those here. Or the rest of the downsides to Texas that he mentions like
scorpions, rattlesnakes, crazy raspberry ants, cockroaches on steroids, killer bees, mosquitoes, ticks, chiggers, tarantulas, brown recluse spiders, love bugs, swarming crickets, copperheads, cottonmouths, rabid skunks, wild hogs, alligators, oppressive heat & humidity, bleak desolate scenery, dirty beaches, polluted air, dust storms, drought, wildfires, water shortages, recurring floods, tornadoes, hurricanes, rednecks, huge piles of flaming mulch, spontaneously combusting playgrounds, roads hot as flowing lava, the stench of natural and unnatural gasses, amoebic meningitis lurking in area lakes, recurring ebola virus outbreaks, flesh eating bacteria, staggering homeowner insurance rates, unbelievably high property taxes, mandatory death sentences for DUI convictions, polygamous religious sects.
Well, we do have rednecks, mosquitoes and brown recluse spiders. But that's a short list compared to his.

That's true, and we don't have those here. Or the rest of the downsides to Texas that he mentions like Well, we do have rednecks, mosquitoes and brown recluse spiders. But that's a short list compared to his.

And the occasional rabid skunk.

Hey, watching the webcam from NODAK's area and it's snowing!!!! Yay! We've got rain here. I had bronchitis last week and wasn't doing much of anything so discovered Nodak's webcam. Think there's something wrong with me, I've been watching it. Some man actually waved at the webcam.....I waved back. Maybe my meds are too strong.:facepalm:

Uh, looks like it's rush hour!

Hey, watching the webcam from NODAK's area and it's snowing!!!! Yay! We've got rain here. I had bronchitis last week and wasn't doing much of anything so discovered Nodak's webcam. Think there's something wrong with me, I've been watching it. Some man actually waved at the webcam.....I waved back. Maybe my meds are too strong.:facepalm:

Uh, looks like it's rush hour!
Pretty quiet tonight. Looks like a couple cars near Sammy's bar and the theater owner's 2 cars.

There are a few people that like to wave to the web cam; everyone knows where it is.

Its been snowing all day yesterday and looks like it will continue for today. Over a foot of very dry and light snow. I think I will go ahead and plow today. I don't think we will accumulate much more today and tonight.

We were supposed to get snowmageddon today, but now it looks like it's going to be mostly rain. In southern Wisconsin. In February.

We're getting flood warnings. Tomorrow is supposed to be 60 and then starting tomorrow night heavy rain and wind so a LOT of that snow is going to be melting. We're high enough that flooding isn't a problem for us but if it gets real bad we're stranded for a day or so because the access roads flood.

Pretty quiet tonight. Looks like a couple cars near Sammy's bar and the theater owner's 2 cars.

There are a few people that like to wave to the web cam; everyone knows where it is.

I love that webcam! I like that drivers use their turn signals even when there is no one else around. Perhaps I need to get out of the house more.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

OMG - how do the pheasants survive in North Dakota?!?!

At first look, I thought it says "peasants".

And I immediately thought "What peasants? People all have insulated and heated homes now. And it's mean to call farmers peasants". :D

At first look, I thought it says "peasants".

And I immediately thought "What peasants? People all have insulated and heated homes now. And it's mean to call farmers peasants". :D

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: I love this forum! :D I thought that for a moment too, at first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom