This weather is awful!! 2008-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very cold here, have single digits low temps and not above freezing for daytime highs. The big snow went north of me, so only have 2-3 inches at house, I am at 7100 ft elevation. It does not melt off very good with these temps. I am really getting case of spring fever this year with the below avg temps becoming more like the normal temps.

If only ...

Attachments

• moses_snow.gif
    moses_snow.gif
    84.9 KB · Views: 22
Nodak, All the parking spaces are full in front of the web cam, what's going on? For such a small town there is a lot of active.

The theater is running the "13 Hours" film. Apparently it has done well and its been held over for a week. It's a conservative state.

Last edited:
They predicted 2-4 inches of snow yesterday........We ended up with 10 inches of heavy and wet snow.

I suspect I will be watching the Superbowl at home tomorrow as we are under a blizzard warning. Only expecting about 2 to 3 inches of snow but winds gusting to 50 to 60 mph.

I suspect I will be watching the Superbowl at home tomorrow as we are under a blizzard warning. Only expecting about 2 to 3 inches of snow but winds gusting to 50 to 60 mph.

Hopefully you don't lose power. 1600 people in our town lost power from yesterday's storm and we had planned to host a couple of friends to watch the game but it may be more people coming if their power is not restored by then.

The storm is supposed to hit about 6am; it looks like they're not sure yet exactly where it is going. Predicted wind speed has been dropped to 40mph.

Looks like the blizzard has fizzled out. We have not had any snow but we are having very strong winds right now. The snow already on the ground has been subjected to several days of above freezing temps so it can't blow around.

The watered-down blizzard Nodak was expecting rolled into southern Wisconsin yesterday and today. Wind is a bit brisk and we had maybe an inch of snow.

I may be wrong, but I think this was the first Alberta Clipper front we've seen this winter. All the other storms (I think) have come out of the Southwest.

Weather has been great the past two days in Calgary due to a Chinook; 15C the past two days (60F).

Quick, someone call Leo DiCaprio, the world is ending (he thought a Chinook was due to climate change and the local newspapers had a hayday)! 😜

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

-9 F in this morning the Laurel Highlands, SW PA. Maybe an inch of snow on the ground.

Highway dept must be using new improved car killer [-]snowmelt[/-] on the roads, it melts down to +9 +10F.

-9 F in this morning the Laurel Highlands, SW PA. Maybe an inch of snow on the ground.

Highway dept must be using new improved car killer [-]snowmelt[/-] on the roads, it melts down to +9 +10F.

Yikes, I don't miss that stuff. Please do not put your tongue on a flag pole today.

148 mph winds on top of Monarch Pass in Colorado Thursday evening. I'm glad I went skiing at Monarch on Tuesday and not Thursday! We have been having strong winds here where I live, but not that strong.

148 mph winds on top of Monarch Pass in Colorado Thursday evening. I'm glad I went skiing at Monarch on Tuesday and not Thursday! We have been having strong winds here where I live, but not that strong.

Wow! That's impressive. We had extraordinarily high winds here Friday morning, but it was 63°F so a typical fake-out to get the daffodils up before the last big frosts.

Spring is just around the corner!

Attachments

• springaroundcorner.png
    springaroundcorner.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 10
55 degrees right now - expected high is 60
I'm on the pa de border
1) wash the cars
2) walk the pooch
3) breathe some fresh air...

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum.

The last few weeks have been quite warm and mostly dry. Not tonight. There is about 5 inches of fresh snow on the ground and it is snowing at a good rate. I have a ski day planned with DD tomorrow. May have to cancel if this continues into the morning like predicted. One nice thing is there is no wind for the first time in a couple of weeks.

There is 5 to 6 inches of fresh snow this morning and it may snow the rest of the day although it will probably be lightly. It is a very dry snow - Colorado champagne powder. We are back to winter for today. March and April are the snowiest months up here and without it, the summers are very dry so all is good.

We had a minor setback, about an inch of snow yesterday that has mostly melted. Highs for the rest of the week in the low 30s.

After a few days of Spring weather, we are back to Winter. Not sure how deep it is, but outside the motor home there is about 8 inches. The wind is blowing there is drifting. Temperature in the mid 20s. Another larger storm is due on Saturday. Other than going out to sweep snow off the satellite antenna so I can get internet I think I will just stay in until the snow stops.

The forecast is saying 10-14 inches here staring anytime now and going thru Thursday evening. Luckily, I have no reason to go anywhere until early next week. It should be mostly melted by then(at least on the roads) with highs in the 40's over the weekend.

Denver is totally socked in! Airport closed. Most highways (I-25, I-70, I-76) closed. Don't even want to venture out.

It's ugly up here in the mountains. Too windy and snowy to go out to find out how much has accumulated. I'll probably wait until tomorrow to plow. I developed a nasty cold yesterday evening and don't want to go out anyway. Time for some hot tea...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom