This weather is awful!! 2008-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I heard the weather news on TV, I was wondering how you and F made out. Was the storm close to you?
The storm was pretty much right on top of us! The wind was loud and scary and definitely rotational, and in fact there were rumors of some waterspouts very close to us. But the one rotation that was officially declared a tornado was about 5 miles away, thank goodness, and we had no damage at either of our homes or in our neighborhood.

Last edited:
90° and 56% humidity but it sure feels a lot hotter than that. The lawn guy was just here to mow and it sure was nice to just hand him a check rather than have to go out and mow it myself.

The older I get the more I find that the "band" of temperatures in which I'm comfortable is getting smaller and smaller....

On Monday we had flash flood watches and the forecast shown in the graphic below.

But despite the dire rain predictions, not one single drop of rain fell on Monday, Tuesday, or all day today (Wednesday) until well after 4 PM. Flash flood watches continued. Our highs approached 100F each day instead of those nice cool temps predicted.

Finally, it began to rain a few minutes ago, pretty hard, too so this should cool things down at last. We are on (relatively) high ground, only a few feet below sea level, and we don't have to go anywhere, so I am not in any flooding danger. It may be hard to imagine but actually I love the climate here.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    61.7 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Another little heat wave. now its 87°, 70% humidity, 76° dew point, feels like 97°.
High tomorrow 91° with a heat index of 102°
Only have 0.10" of rain this month, but we had the third wettest July on record

It's so hot here I can't make myself post the numbers! :facepalm:

Ouch. Well, you know the drill:

1. AC running (and trying to keep up)
2. fans also, and close the blinds to keep the sun out
3. a glass of ice water in your hand at all times
4. as few clothes as possible and light, skimpy, cool ones at that
5. a cool shower several times/day, more ice water
6. cold food, not hot, no cooking; more ice water
7. no physical work or moving around very much until it gets cooler

Good luck and I hope it cools down soon! It's only 77F here right now which seems almost frigid. I guess the reason it's so cool is the drizzle or light rain we have had off and on today and the heavy rain that is predicted.

Now 91 degrees and 33% and I'm just going to turn on the AC now at a quarter to four.

I turned off the attic fan this morning and shut the windows when the outside temp was the same as the inside temp, 68 degrees. Now 78 degrees inside and I'll set the AC to 77.

See, 102 real temperature is hot, damn hot--be proud of it!

Our wuss number today is 105 because the 92 real temperature isn't hot enough for the weathermongers (sorry this link isn't working to embed the video but you can click on it to see Robin Williams weather report in Good Morning Vietnam)

Last edited:
Now 91 degrees and 33% and I'm just going to turn on the AC now at a quarter to four.

I turned off the attic fan this morning and shut the windows when the outside temp was the same as the inside temp, 68 degrees. Now 78 degrees inside and I'll set the AC to 77.

I thought you liked to spend money... I guess to everyone but PG&E? :)
Its always hot and humid in flyover MO now... I am solid wet head to toe now from just mowing my small lawn...But we do have one nice thing here....cheap electricity... I dont even adjust my thermostat as it is a waste of my energy.. A nice constant 71 all day and my a/c bill was still less than a $100...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6pm cst in East Texas and 102f - No rain for the past 2+ months straight. Good news is I don't need to cut the grass.

Last edited:
I've got my "summer" outfit on. Shorts, no shirt and flip flops.

Still waiting on solar panels...

As long as we get our "delta breeze" and the house goes below 70 at night with that fan running, I really don't need AC until mid afternoon. But I'm 61 now and that probably won't be true when I'm 70.

I really don't need AC until mid afternoon.
:LOL: I really don't need to turn on my AC "full time" until mid April. About mid October I'll let it start cycling again. Maybe...

Last edited:
Went hiking with a friend, did 4.86 miles, temperature 94 humidity 73%. I do like the heat.

I've got my "summer" outfit on. Shorts, no shirt and flip flops.

Still waiting on solar panels...

As long as we get our "delta breeze" and the house goes below 70 at night with that fan running, I really don't need AC until mid afternoon. But I'm 61 now and that probably won't be true when I'm 70.

Its possible...My dad is 78 and as cheap as they come. He is so cheap despite not never spending his entire monthly SS check, I had to wash his house for free and then 2 weeks later pay someone $200 to wash mine because I was too worn out/burnt out from doing his. He could buy me out 3 times over! Anyhow...my point is every year he seems to lower the AC a bit and raise the heat... There is a limit to his frugalness after all...So be ready to move that dial down the road! :)

6pm cst in East Texas and 102f - No rain for the past 2+ months straight. Good news is I don't need to cut the grass.

Ah, the perfect lawn....Brown grass... I have had to mow almost every 5th day all summer...Very disheartened from all the greenness around...

Its warmed up from last week... 75 today, up from the 60s last week with 40s over night. I had my furnace on over night last week. :)

Now 8:00, temp is 83 humidity is 31%. Gonna be a good night - :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom