This weather is awful!! 2008-2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nearly perfect here, 85°, clear skies with a few puffy clouds, low humidity. I'm savoring it because I know that in eight months, weather-wise I'm going to be hating life.

We enjoyed a couple of weeks in the low to mid 90s with quite a bit of rain. Now back to "normal" July temps of 101, 103 with maybe a 105 day in the near future.
At least the wind picked back up.

Temps in the mid 90's and humdity in the high 80's. Every afternoon we get a storm with rain. When mowing my grass the other day I had sweat dripping off the brim of my cap. I'm looking forward to a trip to CO next month.

Wow! Is this the same thread that started with "it's too cold" here? LOL Seriously, I really noticed the less than wonderful weather more now in retirement than when w*rking.

90 degrees and humid everyday here, but we truly love the hot weather and go about our outside business everyday.

It's hot.

How hot is it?

It's so hot...

Attachments

• Hot.PNG
    Hot.PNG
    424.6 KB · Views: 25
Wow. I gotta remember not to forget to not go anywhere near Texas in the summer.

It's currently 108 in North Texas, but I suspect it will get hotter before the day is done. According to NOAA, the high temps for the last 3 days were 110, 109, 109. I mowed at 7am this morning when it was 82. Whew!... glad we have a pool.

It's currently 108 in North Texas, but I suspect it will get hotter before the day is done. According to NOAA, the high temps for the last 3 days were 110, 109, 109. I mowed at 7am this morning when it was 82. Whew!... glad we have a pool.

Here in the hill country the grass is all yellow and brown has been about a month and a half since I needed to mow. (I live in the country so watering would be prohibitive, plus environmentally wasteful)

So Florida is a bargain at 90 and humid. lol

Here in the hill country the grass is all yellow and brown has been about a month and a half since I needed to mow. (I live in the country so watering would be prohibitive, plus environmentally wasteful)

I water the front with city water once a week just to try and keep the post oaks alive (I've already lost 3 this summer). Haven't mowed out front since early June. I irrigate the back from a pond I have on the property, so still mow once a week or so. But if we don't get rain soon, the pond will be dry in a couple weeks. The grass will be gone shortly thereafter.

Wow. I gotta remember not to forget to not go anywhere near Texas in the summer.

Texas is the hottest place I have ever lived! And bear in mind that I live in New Orleans now. :) Texas is SO hot, and the worst part that I remember (from 13 years of living in College Station, 1984-1996) is that there wasn't much rain in the summer, so everything would just turn brown and crispy. That makes it seem even hotter.

It's only 97F here in New Orleans right now, with 54% humidity which gives us a "feels like" of 113F. I love my new HVAC which is happily chugging right along and keeping me cool as a cucumber when I'm inside.

Note the "feels like" temperature. :peace:

I just waked the dog for a 1/2 hour here in Houston and we are both done in.

It’s supposed to be a little warmer tomorrow (101/102), but then a nice cool down to 96 on Tuesday. Something to look forward to.

It’s 67F in Maine and that the high for today tomorrow will be 75.

73 degrees here in northern Michigan this afternoon......just about right. Low of 51 tonight, so should be good for sleeping. Yes, our winters are not fun, but at this time of year the weather is usually very nice:)

It was 102 headed south out of Denver at about 1:00 this afternoon. It was 55 up here headed to my place about 6:30 this afternoon. It has been raining and everything smells like a mountain shower. :)

Well, last night I went to bed around 1 AM... checked the AC to see how hard it was working... at 43%....

The outside temp was 89 degrees!! Not a feel like temp, but the actual temp...

Headed for the eighth day in a row over 100...
Agh. And over 100 in Texas is hotter than over 100 anywhere else (at least, in my opinion it is). I remember those Texas summers.
116 this week in Scottsdale. Time to pack up and head for mountains of Utah!!:greetings10:
I hadn't seen RockyMtn's post when I wrote my last couple of sentences. I haven't ever lived in Arizona but even in the "dry heat" 116F has got to be pretty hot too.

Yesterday our high was "only" 98F. It was hot enough that I sure didn't want to linger outside for long. I am old enough that I use handrails when I see them, and I was testing any outside handrails lightly before grabbing them to make sure they were not too hot to touch. Our low last night was 83F. So hot, and it isn't even August yet.

Today rain is predicted and hopefully that will cool things down a little. So far, not even drizzling yet but we'll see.

I think I am the only person alive who actually *likes* the weather in New Orleans. At least, most of the time I like it. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom